Electronic Merchant Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Electronic Merchant Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.1

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Called on the phone in response to my resume and then setup an interview in their office. Told me during the interview that they have a staff that sets up all your appointments and that two to four appointments are setup for each rep every day. Their office was very old and very, very small. There was only one person working there besides the sales manager and she answered phones. They had no brochures, no business cards, and nothing to give to applicants they come to the office for an interview. If there is supposed to be a staff making appointments on your behalf they are no where to be seen. Found it very strange that things I was told contradicted information that is clearly stated on their website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, and this was stated in such an offhand manner that they clearly did not care.   1 Answer

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

A lot of standard design questions were asked, the nature of the interview was relaxed. I sat in front of a panel of 3 other creative service team members who all asked questions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager made position sound great and also the company. Explained the pay with possible bonus. Asked what my favorite animal was to describe myself. Asked if it was okay to leave lights off.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite animal?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and professional people that I dealt with at EMS. The person conducting the interview described the job, expectations and the position of the company very clearly. It was a very positive experience and I was impressed.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very short and precise. Brief description of the compensation package. I needed to pull the information from the manager. Manager skated around a lot of questions. I left not understanding exactly how much I was capable of earning.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Independence, OH).

Interview

A minimal phone interview with 3 members of IT. A member of IT management did most of the talking and came across a little flighty. The two other IT staff members sat quietly. I was given a very basic IT quiz that was pretty beginner. The 2 IT techs each asked me 1 question and I could barely hear them as they mumbled.

This was followed a couple days later by an in person interview with an upper level of IT management, who babbled a lot and asked few questions. This person non- stop talked relaying the history and mission of the company with excessive and unnecessary detail. She asked me no questions about my past experience. The member of IT management who I previously spoke to on the phone, who it turns out had only been there a handful of months herself, was also there but sat quietly this time. When I tried to ask her questions she didn't know any of the answers and had to refer to the other manager to answer the questions. This interview lasted over an hour and I spoke for maybe 2 minutes.

The offer came a few days later and I accepted. The position was sold to me as a Senior Desktop position with administration responsibilities. It turned out to be the most basic, entry level position. I spent much of my time unlocking passwords and changing printer toner. The admin accesses that were in the job description and discussed during interviews never happened. I was not allowed access and was left to shadow a 19 year old intern doing the most mundane tasks. It was clear to me by day 2 that I had been bluffed into accepting this position. In the end, it was nothing that remotely interested me and didn't last. Don't believe what EMS tells you in interviews because once you accept you will be doing something completely different, and any questions about the responsibilities you were led to believe you were going to have will not be taken well. Oh, and another thing they don't tell you in the interviews is that you will also be a part time maintenance man, fixing doors and drilling things into walls. Pass!

Interview Questions

• None, really. They did most of the talking and asked a few very basic questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed by GM and would decide. The GM would ask me what i thought of the interview and would also take it into account. It was usually yes and waked awayrite away.

Interview Questions

• What is your Interest rate?   1 Answer

Product Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Independence, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview and one interview with HR Director. The interview lasted an hour and went quite well. Manager told me there were interviews for the next week or so and they would get back to me. I have received no further contact from the company.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Very thorough and honest

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Electronic Merchant Systems?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Commission based structure

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Electronic Merchant Systems (Cleveland, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

It was a laid back environment and one of the best interviews I ever had. Very fun.

Interview Questions

I had other offers sooner.