KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Family

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

EMS presents and upholds a family and team feel. You are treated as an equal and your opinions / suggestions matter.

Cons

I am unable to think of any!

VP, Digital Marketing

Thank you for leaving a 5-Star review. At Electronic Merchant Systems, we continuously strive to serve you better. We are glad that you value the efforts we have put towards creating a positive environment at EMS. We also strive to make sure that everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow on our team. Thank you again!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND GROW

Sep 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good Atmosphere is great Company puts employees first

Cons

I can't think of any

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s time for a change

Apr 21, 2022 - Client Service Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Medium sized company with an intimate nature. You get to work closely with your management and coworkers. They do lots of nice things to create a decent work environment including providing the tools needed to effectively to our jobs. They make an effort to provide amenities in the work environment.

Cons

Not progressive especially in the area of work from home although the technology is clearly present. Training is a huge area of lack which is why work from home is only used when it’s to the advantage of management. People are not trained, the managers aren’t empowered and hence we cannot work from home. The company is not very people oriented and provides lots of perks that they think we want instead of the things that would actually raise the morale in the workplace. There is a very high turnover rate and people that have been here for years are leaving. There’s no room for growth or career paths built into any area of the business.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic work environment, No support, unclear direction

Jun 12, 2022 - Appointment Setter in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have developed long lasting friendships with many of the former employees of the company

Cons

I started working for this company in 2018, and in the beginning, I enjoyed coming into work, unfortunately that feeling of enjoyment was very brief. I experienced constant stress from executive leadership and in many ways was bullied by the management team. While there were some good days, there were more horrible days than good.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work.

Mar 24, 2022 - Product Analyst in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

The comradery around the office is great. Some of the bosses are really good.

Cons

The attendance policy is atrocious. The SUPER anti work from home policy is detrimental. Paying for parking due to it being located inside tower city is terrible.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fine work place

Mar 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay for fair work. Rarely intrudes into personal life. Flexible working around appointments.

Cons

Like any company, EMS has its share of disfunction and negatives. These are no worse here than any other company I've worked for.

VP, Digital Marketing

Words do not suffice to express how grateful we are for your review. We believe that business is all about people and one of the greatest compliments we can receive are those that come from our co-workers. Thank you!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not appropriate

Apr 1, 2022 - Warehouse Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Any one can apply n can do

Cons

Heavy lifting boring boring boring

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unorganized

Feb 21, 2022 - Client Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free tickets to sporting events if your name is pulled from a hat WEEKLY pay

Cons

Management favoritism amongst employees Work processes not up to date HR is supposed to be there for you and it’s where the company begins and ends and it’s the biggest problem.

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Digital Marketing

Many thanks for taking the time to leave you feedback! Our HR Director has an open door policy and would love to get additional feedback from you. Feel free to schedule a conversation with Toni at 800-726-2117 x1750.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Not bad if you’re good at sales

Nov 4, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to choose what areas you work in and maximizing your day

Cons

Making monthly numbers during covid

1 person found this review helpful

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Place to Work!

Jan 22, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, I feel EMS does a fantastic job of taking care of their employees, and has done an exceptional job in handling the COVID-19 pandemic. Every few weeks, in-office employees are tested to ensure the safety of everyone in-office; this offer was also extended to out of office employees. The health benefits, along with 401k program (and matching contributions by EMS) I feel are also really good for employees, and allows us to get the medical care we need, along with planning for our futures. From a career development standpoint, EMS allows employees to grow and advance in different positions throughout the company, and management does allow courses to be taken by employees to better-advance their skillset. Personally, I feel as if I have been given a significant amount of opportunities to grow as an employee within the roles I have worked in at the company that I did not experience at previous companies. During non-COVID years, EMS also offers employees opportunities to win tickets to local sporting events, hosts in-office lunches, and offers volunteer opportunities with the Browns, Food Bank, and Coach Sam's Scholars.

Cons

I do wish there was a better onboarding process during the initial hiring of employees; I felt this was lacking when I was first hired.

VP, Digital Marketing

Our goal is to make you a part of our family and make you feel proud to work for EMS. We really appreciate the kind words!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Reviews

Electronic Merchant Systems Reviews FAQs

Electronic Merchant Systems has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Electronic Merchant Systems to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Electronic Merchant Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Electronic Merchant Systems. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

72% of Electronic Merchant Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Electronic Merchant Systems 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Electronic Merchant Systems to be career development, coworkers, compensation and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Electronic Merchant Systems Job Seekers