Electronic Merchant Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 24, 2020

3.8
Pros
Cons
  • "The upper management are inexpierienced from other fields of work(in 4 reviews)

• "Perpetual construction in the downtown area of late(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company, Great Culture"

Current Employee - Business Development in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, multiple locations for advancement & opportunity. The management and leadership at EMS is excellent across all levels.

Cons

None at this time.

March 10, 2020VP, Digital Marketing

Words do not suffice to express how grateful we are for your review. We believe that business is all about people and one of the greatest compliments we can receive are those that come from our co-workers. Thank you!

2. "Stay away"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Framingham, MA

I worked at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexible work schedule. my specific manager was supportive but cons outweigh these pay little attention

Cons

poor pay, bad management, shady product

April 24, 2020VP, Digital Marketing

We are sad to hear things did not go as expected. We are always hard at work to make sure our team delivers on our brand promise and every employee and client has a positive experience.

3. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Opportunity to earn great money for performing

Cons

No real cons at this time-could have better benefits

March 4, 2020VP, Digital Marketing

Your feedback makes a difference to us and it is incredibly helpful as a way to introduce others to what it is like to work here. Thank you!

4. "Exciting Industry and Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time

Pros

Good company culture and an awesome work environment. Beautiful offices in the coolest part of downtown Cleveland. EMS is in the payments industry and their target market are SMB businesses. This lends itself to working with a large variety of business types which keeps things very interesting. There are many tenured employees, and that I think is a testament to the company's efforts in making it a great place to work. Our customers seem to like us too as evidenced by our Google reviews.

Cons

Perpetual construction in the downtown area of late.

February 25, 2020VP, Digital Marketing

We are thankful for your time and your willingness to write a review to let us know how we are doing!

"There is no place like EMS"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family atmosphere Fun place to work They reward longevity Tickets to all major events in Cleveland Great office space Career growth opportunities Stable Company that has been around for a long time Leadership cares

Cons

I honestly cant think of any.

November 8, 2019VP, Digital Marketing

Thank you for your kind words and for giving us a high five as an employer. It is truly nice to know that our team members enjoy it here!

"Great Organization! Why would you consider working anywhere else in Cleveland"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time

Pros

Right off the bat, let it be known that it is a great organization to work for. Prior to working at Electronic Merchant Systems, I believed that long gone were the days of employer/employee loyalty, compassion, mindfulness and respect. However upon accepting a position EMS, I now realize that not all organizations are created equal. EMS has created a cohesive, collaborative, and pleasant working environment. Great perks, great benefits, and wonderful coworkers. I would venture to say that any negative reviews are most likely due to individuals in Sales positions. The tricky thing about any sales position is that it is extremely attractive due to compensation and potential commission individuals can obtain. Juxtaposed to that view point is that not everyone is meant to be in Sales. This isn't meant to be negative, only to encourage individuals to be self aware of their limitations and personality styles. With high rewards also comes high risks. If you're looking for a "career home" and not dreading coming into work everyday, than I would't second guess coming on board with EMS.

Cons

Paid Time Off is a little on the lighter side.

November 8, 2019VP, Digital Marketing

Thank you! Your review makes a difference to us and it is incredibly helpful as a way to introduce others to what it is like to work here. We will do whatever it takes to keep delivering an employment experience worth bragging about.

7. "EMS has it all!"

Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

Pros

GREAT pay, benefits, tickets to sporting and other events (good seats usually), friendly and outgoing atmosphere. Very creative/innovative staff that has a ton of knowledge around the complexities of working within the payment processing industry. Management often provides helpful feedback to staff, within a very encouraging/positive environment. The managers help contribute to a fun, creative, and open environment, while encouraging new ideas from staff and management. I'm really enjoying my time here and coming here was the best decision I've made in my career

Cons

Parking downtown since you have to pay for it, but that's anywhere in downtown cleveland

November 4, 2019VP, Digital Marketing

8. "Great place if you like sports"

Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company offers frequent raffles to win very good seats to the local professional sports teams. Low pressure environment. Excellent work spaces with an additional game room.

Cons

Vacation policy and medical benefits are horrific. Not a lot of advancement opportunities into management.

"They paint a pretty picture .."

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small salary that is dangled in front of you.

Cons

The upper management are inexpierienced from other fields of work. No help. If you don't do an average numbers in first 3 months. YOU LoSe YOUR SALARY SALARY. Also they do not do a good job with the customer service nor the retention department. So they will have you painting a pretty picture to your local business owners, although all the while they are screwing them around and not doing what was told could be done. Then your community business owners are all hating and pist off at you. Chargebacks without notice as well. I can go on.....and on. Buyer Beware

September 19, 2019VP, Digital Marketing

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to provide your perspective about your employment with us. We pride ourselves on a performance-based compensation plan, with weekly salary and commissions paid out. We also have weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bonus plans in place that rewards productivity. We truly wish this opportunity would have been a fit for you as it has been for our many long-term account executives that enjoy their six-figure income. Your criticism of the company was inaccurate. We have been in business for over 30 years by providing our customers with the top-rated customer service department in the industry and bringing quality products and services to small business owners nationwide. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at hrdept@emscorporate.com or call 800-726-2117 and ask for the HR Department. Best wishes in the future!

"Good At First, But Left Something To Be Desired"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Electronic Merchant Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many great people below management that are genuinely nice.

Cons

Management sucks, and they don't communicate effectively DO NOT DRINK THE COOLAID! These people will NEVER listen to you. No matter what!

June 20, 2019VP, Digital Marketing

We are constantly refining the way we do business and that is only possible thanks to candid feedback like yours. Please know that we are listening. If you would be comfortable expanding on your feedback, our HR team would love to have a discussion with you.

Found 113 reviews