Endurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Endurance

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Wow terrible experience. I worked with a recruiter, and first I was scheduled to do a phone interview. Not only did they delay it by 2 hours on their end, when the call happened there was a terrible echo on their end. Although I talked with the recruiter before and after the interview with no echo, and even using a landline with the company during the call, they tried to blame me on it. After 10 minutes of troubleshooting we gave up.

Well a week later my recruiter emails me back from the company, said they were going through an "audit" that week, and told me to just come in instead for an in person interview.

So I get to the interview, and when I get there, the boss has no formal introduction with me. Just tells me to sit at a desk next to another dev, hooks up a laptop, and bluntly tells me to work on a console application. Basically I was told to write the console application that would read from their API and have to parse their XML and read/write to one of their databases. He said if I had any questions, I should "just google it" because that's "what I'll be doing anyway". And while he was setting up the laptop, he says "hey what was your deal with your phone, why couldn't you talk". After I explained I had a talk before and after with the recruiter, he just give me a smug grin and kept setting up the laptop.

Oh, but he made sure for me to label one of the SQL insert parameters as "test" because I was WORKING ON THEIR PRODUCTION DATABASE. I'm going to repeat that.... during the interview, I was writing a console application ON THEIR PRODUCTION DATABASE LIVE.

Well, I was basically alone for an hour sitting next to a software dev doing his own thing. I asked him some clarifying questions about my task (as all inteviewees should), and he basically told me "eh, I just use StackOverflow just like everyone else, coding is mostly copy-pasting". I asked him if my task was stuff that he does most of the time at his work and he said "Nope".

Cool.

Anyway, when I was calling their API to insert a lead, I was getting a 500 error as a response back. For those that don't know, in plain English, a 500 error is an error that comes from the server, i,e their API. Basically they had a faulty internal API. After confirming it wasn't a problem on my end, I told the boss about this error, and he replies "I just want it to work", and leaves me again to my own devices.

Well, this goes on for an hour or so, and the boss ends up stopping the project, and calls one other dev to my desk who asks me a random question about XML injection (fair enough I suppose). The boss, the dev next to me, and this other dev, 3 people was the entire "development team" in a large office suite full of sales people.

Then he basically tells me the role is "100% development", there's no QA department, no code reviews, basically no methodologies whatsoever.

I've had my fair share of interviews before, but this was by far the WORST EXPERIENCE of an interview I've ever been a part of.

For those software engineers that are looking for a job in CS, look elsewhere. This company does not know what they are doing, the manager is deplorable, and the experience is terrible overall.

Interview Questions

• Write a console application that reads from their API to insert into their production servers   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call a few days after applying on indeed. There were 2 people in the interview. Interview talked about the company and their accomplishments quite a bit and asked us about 3 questions each. Intimidating at first but not bad if you're straightforward and what he wants. Sat with somebody for about a half hour afterwords, and received a call with the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Cattle call - had I known I would be interviewed with 20 other people in the room, I wouldn't have gone! They never said on the phone that this would be the process.Some people had the good sense of leaving right away. The owner sat in the front on a desk and acted a bit arrogant, saying for every position open, he may hire one out of 60 ... Not great odds. I was way too experienced, this definitely is an entry level sales job with the income potential to match.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? What would make you good at this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Endurance.

Interview

Its a group interview and it didn't take too long. They weed out the weak by using conversation. The quiet ones normally don't make it. They seem to expect you to interact or react to any question.

Interview Questions

• What would motivates you to make 10,000 more dollars than you did last year?   Answer Question

Juniors Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Endurance.

Interview

Horrific. I received a poorly written email from some guy named Sean, asking me he had a few slots open for interviews. I responded with a preferred time and date. Its been 3 days and he never responded. Extremely unprofessional, arrogant and rude. If you're a professional don't bother applying here. Its a joke.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Endurance in July 2014.

Interview

Jordan Called me and I asked him about the reputation of the company because they have so many bad reviews online. I asked him how they handle this when a client asks about the integrity of their company.

Interview Questions

• Instead of answering my question he actually got upset and hung up on me. Imagine how they train their sales reps. If someone asks a questions you don't like then hang up the phone on them immediately. Would you work for a company that had a horrible reputation online?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview was normal. met at office. talked to current employees. toured building. asked questions. pay explained. this is all I have to say about the process. now let me move on to the next step

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Endurance (Northbrook, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

You are in a conference room with a few other candidates. The management tells you about the job, company and ask questions. You learn everything you need to know about the industry, job duties and the company overall. This is helpful to know before accepting a job offer and finding out after you start the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where people were basically eliminated for answering questions with no seemingly right or wrong answer incorrectly. Some people just walked out on their own. The questions asked were all over the place. Only two out of the 15 were asked to stay.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Endurance (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received a call back within a couple days to come in for an interview. I was told that this (nice) person I spoke to on the phone was also the interviewer--wrong! Also, had to be prepared with resume in order to skip over a majority of the application that is handed out at arrival. Showed up for interview, it was a group of 10 of us interviewed in the bar located below the company. Interviewer (CEO?) was rude and found a way to talk down to--if not laugh at--all of us, regardless of experience or personality. He was not looking to hire anyone (as he stated), so really it was just a waste of everyone's time.