Equilar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equilar Interview Questions

Interviews at Equilar

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equilar in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted Application. Initial Phone Interview with an HR representative. Typical basic interview questions. Then I had a Skype interview with the manager. Much more detailed questions about the job, customer service, etc. In addition, you completed a skills test basically on grammar and excel. I had 30 minutes to complete that portion of the interview.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar.

Interview

I made it to the second round of interviews for the Leadership Development Program. The first round consisted of a short phone interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. They asked general questions about your background and your knowledge of executive compensation (which I had very little).

For the second interview, I was given a choice of either coming in to the office or doing my interview over Skype. Because I was in LA, I chose to have a Skype interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours total. I met with two different groups of people, and each group asked about my background and interest in Equilar. They also asked more specifically about my interest in the LDP and gave me an opportunity to ask them about the company. I was required to fill out an assessment (which consisted of three exam-like parts) between my meetings with each group, which I completed through a google doc.

I was not invited for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my extracurricular activities in high school, which I had not thought about for years.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Total 4 to 5 interviews and last for over 2 months! I made it to the final round and met the CEO - who’s the rudest person I have ever seen. Even worst thing is that I waited for another two weeks till got a decline email. I will only blame to myself of ignoring all the negative comments from Glassdoor and wasting my time to apply this company! People who see this review, trust me DO NOT apply to this company, otherwise you will only receive disappointment and …angry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview first, and then followed with an onsite interview. Four hours long, six interviewers, include senior engineers and vp of engineering. Each one ask technical questions or puzzles for 45 minutes and 5 minutes break between each two interviews. Those people are professional and very kind. But final decision came out more than two weeks later, which is not that good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but includes full stack of languages and skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got the first phone interview call (30 minutes). Asked all general concepts of Java and SQL. That's it.

Next round was onsite for 2 hours. I was assigned 4 people who were going to take my interview. But only 3 showed up.
    First round (Hiring Manager) - behavioral questions and checked my technical skills.
    Second round - Basic java questions and one coding question.
    Third round - SQL queries

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview where she asked me about Java + SQL questions. Then an in person interview of 4, 45min interviews: 2.5 hours total. They were nice, half technical, half talking about the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Please find the max sum of any sub array in a bigger array. Please code it in Java. Basically find a sub array in a larger array, where the sum of all the elements in the sub array is the maximum sum that you can make.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Interview

Through college recruitment. The interviewer was bland and judgmental. Many awkward questions were proposed and the interviewer was disengaged right from the beginning. The career fair before the interview was a good experience. Many current employees were delighted to answer any questions about the company.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar.

Interview

Phone call was the first interview, followed by a presentation to a panel, and then a call from the CEO. Overall the experience was quite straightforward and transparent. Only issue was waiting to be scheduled to interview with CEO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They are quick to reach out and complete a phone screening, however if you move forward to the interview it takes forever to find a time if at all. I provided multiple times that fit my schedule and even tried to have them give me open times so I could figure out a way to make it work, but then they stop replying. It was if they are too busy to fill the position or show they care about the applicants.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits or qualities about you that will be beneficial to the position you are applying to?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was an online virtual interview. Typical questions, very straight-forward and should be relatively easy if you prepare for them before hand. They just asked about your eligibility and why you want to work there.