Equilar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Equilar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I first met with the most senior executives offsite. They I talked to each person on the executive staff onsite and then was required to present a 90 day plan for the department that I was to manage. In addition, I met with the various senior managers of each department. The HR department was extremely efficient and was always one step ahead of me. Whether it was filling out the application online, the background check or just coordinating the appointments, it was really easy to do.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever re-formed entire departments of a company before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was basically all done with the CEO directly. He definitely controls all the purse strings.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The application process was streamlined and quick. I applied online and a member of the HR department reached out to me within 24 hours with a request to have a quick 20 minute phone screening just the next day. The phone screening was with a member of the Research department and was a very friendly, non-stressful conversation verifying my academic credentials and reviewing my resume / why I was interested in Equilar. After that, the HR member reached out to me via e-mail to request an in-person 2-2.5 hour interview the next week. The in-person interview had 3 parts.

1) I spoke with a member of the team who clarified what I would be doing. She went into great detail to be as transparent as she could about the job and what I'd be doing as a Research Analyst Intern and I handed her my academic transcript and written job application, which I was requested to fill out and bring. (10-25 minutes)
    2) I was given a 3 part (2 pages for each part) assessment to test basic arithmetic and to check my attention to detail by giving a report filled with grammatical, spelling, and syntax errors and was given ~45 minutes to complete all of it. I'd suggest dividing the time and not spending too much time one one assignment. (45-50 minutes
    3) After the assessment I met with 2 more Research Analysts on the team and they asked questions about the Media Highlights and also asked about what I'd do given a certain situation. The content included Peer Groups, Executive Compensation (Ratio of Equity v. Salary) as an executive and as a stockholder, they reviewed information on my resume. They were both very friendly and not intimidating at all and enjoyed the conversation. (20-35 minutes)

Overall it was a relatively low stress interview process because the interviewers seemed very friendly. However, it was the longest, most thorough interview that I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• If you were a company like Target, what other companies would you include in your peer group to help benchmark executive compensation?   Answer Question
    • If you were a company executive, what kind of ratio would you prefer in regards to equity and stock options. If you were a shareholder, what amount would you prefer the executive to have?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 of your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself - Where you come from, your upbringing, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There is a brief 15 minute phone interview, followed by an in person or Skype two hour long interview with assessments and multiple people, and final round is a 20 minute presentation on a topic of their choosing with several employees present

Leadership Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Went through an onsite interview after meeting the HR at the career fair, had ~1hr behavioral questions and ~1.5hrs paper test, then ~0.5hr more behavioral questions. The test mainly focused on the sensitivity of numbers.

Data Analyst/Leadership Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews overall. The first interview was a 15 minute phone screening interview that went well. The second interview was 2.5 hours long and included a 45 minute long skills test as well as interviews with two different groups of people. The first two interviews were very casual and the people doing the interviews did not seem to have much experience in giving interviews. The third interview was a presentation and interview with the leader of the department I was applying for. It was much more formal.

Interview Questions

• If a company is underperforming and the CEO is not paid well, would the company receive a failed Say on Pay vote? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They are quick to reach out and complete a phone screening, however if you move forward to the interview it takes forever to find a time if at all. I provided multiple times that fit my schedule and even tried to have them give me open times so I could figure out a way to make it work, but then they stop replying. It was if they are too busy to fill the position or show they care about the applicants.

Interview Questions

• What are three traits or qualities about you that will be beneficial to the position you are applying to?   Answer Question

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

People were very nice. Even though I did not answer all the questions, they comforted me and called me back next day to invite back to the office to met the CEO and presented the offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

the process took 5 weeks+ I applied online and heard back from the HR 3 weeks after to schedule a phone interview that lasted 15min, a week later I was invited to the on-set interview with 2 marketing managers. In house interview lasted 30min each. The HR got back to me only after several follow ups that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• What does our company do? This question was asked at each interview, so make sure to read about the company online.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

Multiple Phone Interviews that were very identically and didn't really seem applicable to the job. I ended up emailing the HR team back after the first interview to set up a second with the same person, and haven't heard back since and its been almost a month. I'm not sure if they didn't see my reply or got confused, but I received a reply email the first time within hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equilar (Nashville, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a first round phone interview followed by a skype interview with two different people that involved a 45 minute assessment. I later was contacted to give a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation over skype. I gave the presentation and then never heard back from them again, despite being told I would hear back with a yes or no decision within two weeks. HR was terrible with communication throughout the process.