Cover image for Ethan Allen

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Ethan Allen Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

Other12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Ethan Allen

Application

I interviewed at Ethan Allen

Interview

Design exercise creating a space for a fictitious client with an in person presentation. Able to pull ff&e for the presentation, which was given virtually as well as in store.

Interview Questions
  • Who are your favorite vendors
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Ethan Allen

Application

I interviewed at Ethan Allen

Interview

It was a conversational interview, not the usual strength and weaknesses questions. Definitely structured to see how well you can keep a conversation going with customers, talk about design and be all around personable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Portland, OR) in Feb 2022

Interview

I applied in January. Then got a an email in February about two months later. Then had phone interview with the district manager. Then another interview with the district manager and studio manager. Then the design challenge.

Interview Questions
  • They asked how I would describe myself in 3 words. How would I deal with a difficult client.

Ethan Allen

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ethan Allen

Interview

It was a very lengthy interview process. I met with several people over an extended period of time before getting an offer as there were multiple candidates at the time.

Interview Questions
  • They asked a lot of scenario type questions to get a feel for how you would handle things that come up.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Knoxville, TN) in Aug 2021

Interview

me and my life and my love me he she the pee tea shower love covib ethan me the she we need vod food seep beep beep honk shonk pink cool no poop beep beep beep beep

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englishtown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Englishtown, NJ)

Interview

The interview process was smooth but time-consuming. I was first called in for an interview then again with a District Manager after which we scheduled a Design Exercise that lasted for almost 4 hours. The Design Exercise is basically designing a room layout for a hypothetical client within their requirements and budget. Overall fun if you're interested in interior designing!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Ethan Allen

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ethan Allen in Jun 2021

Interview

we had a 30-minute phone call on a Sunday 11 am, she asked me a couple of questions about my background and introduced the tasks of the position. The conversation was good, but the interviewer implied I lacked sales experience.

Interview Questions
  • 1. introduced yourself 2. what do you know about this company? 3. what questions do you have?

Ethan Allen

Application

I interviewed at Ethan Allen

Interview

An initial phone call to touch base and ask some generic questions about work history and experience, and then a Skype/Zoom interview to go more in-depth on requirements and abilities.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about collaborating with other people in the workplace?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Princeton, NJ) in Jan 2021

Interview

I received an email back the day after applying and they immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview the next day. They asked if I would be willing to go to a farther location for the interview (I'm assuming for it to be more convenient for them) and I agreed because I really wanted the position. The interview was about 2 hours...I went in and they made me take a half hour to fill out an application which basically was me re-writing my resume for no reason. The interviewer seemed to be ecstatic about my experience and continued to compliment me which made me very confident about my candidacy. She told me I would be moving into the next process of the interview which would take 3-4 hours on another day. When I completed my first interview, I spoke to the girl at the front desk who said she had zero experience in the role and explained to me how they were desperate so I would most likely get hired. When I came back for the second process, I was told to arrive at 9:15am which was the same time the interviewer showed up...which then caused me to wait 45 minutes to even get started with the design assignment because she had to get settled in. I don’t understand why they didn’t have me arrive a little after their morning started...but anyway, the design project took 4.5 hours out of my day, not to mention 2 hours of travel, which I took off work for. She had nothing but positive things to say about my work but yet somehow I did not receive an offer. I wanted to write this review to warn people about wasting their time, money and energy with this place. Their process is very inconsiderate of the candidates from making me drive to a farther location, to taking so many hours of my work day away from me during a pandemic. These are very difficult times and their process is extremely inconsiderate and misleading. Don’t even waste your time applying. There is a reason they are low staffed in the first place.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ethan Allen (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2020

Interview

1st...Phone interview. Spent over and hour on the phone with their HR in the US. Great connection, nice interview process. 2nd interview. Also phone interview. The woman interviewing was a bit “ all over the place”. Spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with her. Once again, good rapport. She said that she’d call back... Call number 3. Another hour on the phone. Spoke mostly of her personal life, her pets, etc. I left this one feeling VERY confused. A week later, another call. Still no decisions made. The whole time this woman was dragging me along. Zero respect for my time. Zero follow up. I finally let go. Through the whole process she led me to believe that she was going to be moving forward with my candidacy. I read so many poor reviews about this company, I now understand and think I dodged a bullet!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews

Ethan Allen Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Ethan Allen as 60.6% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Retail Sales Associate and Sales rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Receptionist and Assistant Store Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Ethan Allen takes an average of 28.04 days when considering 75 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Assistant Store Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 180 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Ethan Allen according to 75 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 19.78%