Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2018

2.9

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

SKYPE set up with a panel of three managers that all asked a series of questions pertaining to past job experience what my responsibilities were and what my day to day methodology was

Interview Questions

• Configuration Questions about how to work supplemental tables mostly and how to solve complex issues   Answer Question

Interview

Very informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was permitted.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After the application was submitted, after a few weeks, there was a approx. 35 minute phone screening interview. The next week, an in-person interview was set up. It was somewhat informal and it seemed the decision to hire was pretty clear going into it. I was offered the position and accepted 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were part of a team and someone was not being a team player, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy actually. It was very relaxed and we talked a little about what I did in school. We talked about some projects I've worked on and the rest was chat and behavior questions. I got an offer in about the next week or so.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with data mining and what have you done in relation to it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

I got a call from HR and then I scheduled an interview. The women asked me maybe a total of 7 questions. Somewhere were regarding activities I listed on my resume and some where about how would you handle a specific situation.

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Utica, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a human resources employee and the head of the actual department I'd be working under for their summer internship program. It took about half an hour. They asked behavioral questions mostly and asked what software I knew how to use for the position. It was fairly standard.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake you made, how you handled it, and what the outcome was   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview where they asked general behavioral questions and why you fit the role etc. Second round was more technical and test your aptitude for programming. They then take about two and a half weeks to process the candidate and make a decision.

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I apllied for multiple positions and was called back about a month later. I was asked to come in and chat. I came for the interview - it was with 2 director-level hiring managers. I acted honestly, and ended up being offered the position, which I accepted. I was later told the process was extremely competetive.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that shows us that you would be a good fit for this position, given what we've talked about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked point blank what I wanted to make. I responded that I wanted to be paid what they thought I was worth. I was offered a salary that sounded good to me, so I accepted. I later found out that there were others who bargained for more.

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through our college last spring. And after about 4 weeks, they emailed to me and scheduled an on site interview.
    I talked with one of the female finance manager in their Syracuse branch. All about behavior questions. Such as, what do you think are the biggest success in your life? Tell me about a time when you adapt to a new environment? She took notes while I was answering. She was nice and friendly. I thought it was not bad.
    But finally I didn't get the offer. Maybe I was not so confident and told her I cannot be available to attend the orientation.

Interview Questions

• what do you think are the biggest success in your life?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you adapt to a new environment?   1 Answer

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

they focus on team work and ask you just few normal interview questions. nothing too serious. if you are nice to people and you are a good team player, then you are go to go.