Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Market Intellegence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a survey call, set up a webcam interview. Took about 4 weeks in total. Straight forward interview about position and responsibilities. Received a automated response on not receiving the position about a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you provided customer service above and beyond expectations?   Answer Question

IT Metrics and Reporting Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was an over the phone interview with a rep from HR in late May 2016 (not really an interview, more of an informal job description and a few questions on why I would be a good addition to the department). Then, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with the Director of IT Recruiting for the middle of June. Mostly basic behavioral questions and they gave me a chance to present why I would be a good fit for the organization. Then, I was selected to move on to a third and final round of interviews that was in front of some peers in the department, as well as some VPs and business heads. This interview focused on a presentation I had to put together based on a set of data given to me a week prior. After the presentation, I was asked some questions regarding how I derived my analysis, and then further questions from the higher ups on the skills and experience I bring to the table. Overall, a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What experiences and skills do you bring that would make you an asset to the organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield.

Interview

I got a call from HR and then I scheduled an interview. The women asked me maybe a total of 7 questions. Somewhere were regarding activities I listed on my resume and some where about how would you handle a specific situation.

Medicare Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR, followed by an in-person interview at the Rochester, NY location. Usual questions about my background and experiences, some behavioral questions. I was asked to provide writing samples following the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you did in your last internship that you did and did not enjoy?   2 Answers

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got email confirmation about the on-site interview. If you live outside the area, you can choose Skype. One super day including four or five 30 minutes interview. They usually do not reimburse your travel expenses. The people are nicer and welcoming you.

Configuration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

SKYPE set up with a panel of three managers that all asked a series of questions pertaining to past job experience what my responsibilities were and what my day to day methodology was

Interview Questions

• Configuration Questions about how to work supplemental tables mostly and how to solve complex issues   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy actually. It was very relaxed and we talked a little about what I did in school. We talked about some projects I've worked on and the rest was chat and behavior questions. I got an offer in about the next week or so.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with data mining and what have you done in relation to it?   Answer Question

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through our college last spring. And after about 4 weeks, they emailed to me and scheduled an on site interview.
    I talked with one of the female finance manager in their Syracuse branch. All about behavior questions. Such as, what do you think are the biggest success in your life? Tell me about a time when you adapt to a new environment? She took notes while I was answering. She was nice and friendly. I thought it was not bad.
    But finally I didn't get the offer. Maybe I was not so confident and told her I cannot be available to attend the orientation.

Interview Questions

• what do you think are the biggest success in your life?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you adapt to a new environment?   1 Answer

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

they focus on team work and ask you just few normal interview questions. nothing too serious. if you are nice to people and you are a good team player, then you are go to go.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After the application was submitted, after a few weeks, there was a approx. 35 minute phone screening interview. The next week, an in-person interview was set up. It was somewhat informal and it seemed the decision to hire was pretty clear going into it. I was offered the position and accepted 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were part of a team and someone was not being a team player, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question