Express Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Co-Manager Interview Questions

2.3

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application and within a week, received a call from the Store Manager requesting a date & time for an interview. She decided the day and a time to meet and told me we'd be meeting in the store. When I arrived for the interview early, the manager was ringing up customers, as there were only 2 employees working that day. She took me into the back office, which was cluttered and freezing cold. We sat and talked a bit about the weather before she began the interview. She let me know she'd have to leave her radio on, as there was only 1 other employee working the front. She asked normal interview questions, got up and walked out during the process about 4 or 5 times, as she was needing to help out front and was receiving a delivery. After all was said and done (about an hour of questions) she let me know that she would speak with her district manager and call me back . I sent a handwritten thank you note after the interview had finished. She called back to thank me for the note and to let me know she didn't have any managerial positions and she'd keep me first in line when one became available.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Express?   1 Answer
  • (Mostly behavioral response questions) Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult employee, what was the solution?   Answer Question
  • In your sales/retail experience, what was one of the things you enjoyed doing the most? Specific details?   Answer Question

I accepted a position with another company. I waited for two weeks to hear from her that there were no positions open, even though the company's website said there were...

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Listen to people on here.. you WILL NOT GET A MANAGEMENT JOB....
    The manager/ sales associate application is the same, when applying you cant choose what position..
    I applied on a Sunday got a call that Monday... Interview was set for later on the same week...interview was nice and easy but the manager kept talking about quality and sale, sale, sale. All of which was ok until he said, " I dont like to over pay, we like to see how you work. After 3 months we will sit down look at your performance and decide on a raise" He said the raise depends on the performance review. He said they were only hiring for part-time sales....and he pays (key word he said he ) $8.50 an hr.... now where I live most places pay $9.... and I have over 5 years exp....

The manager then goes on to say.... he will call my references and then call me back... he acts as if its such an honor to work there...when it pays lower than most and is only part time....

Anyway... he said they usually only give management jobs from within....

Interview Questions

• Hardest thing about retail
      What would you do if you saw an employee stealing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Vero Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager . before interview we talked about Co manager position in Express and did schedule.
    when I got there . at the start I got surprise "we have open position for part time sail associate "she said !
    what????
    did you see my resume ????
    that is not professional company .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I had applied for the Co-Manager position, and when the store manager called to set up the interview, he confirmed that is what I was interviewing for. Basic interview, standard questions. Very brief. At the end, he told me that the interview was for a sales lead, and that he'd hired a Co-Manager a week and a half before. Disappointing, and a waste of time. I wish he'd told me that when he'd first called.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and two days later I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. During the call I asked "What position am I being considered for?". The manager replied "we can discuss in more detail during your interview". I asked that question because the Co manager and sales associate applications are the same, and there's no way to put your preference.

When I get to the interview she ask what I was looking for, and of course I explained. She looked shock and said "oh, those positions are filled". I took off from work to be interviewed for a sales associate position? I work at a very high end department store in management...what would make her think that I want to be a sales associate. I'm truly lost, what make anyone think she works at a high end department for two years in management, that she'll be a great sales associate?
    Overall waste of an evening, for a 1 minute interview...and now I'm stuck in traffic.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

the process is very drawn out with very little communication for follow up steps. Waiting for other leadership representatives within the district to also follow up. Being told that you as a candidate have not been forgotten.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I have never been so nervous in my entire life!!! but when i got there , i realized that i should not be nervous. i showed up 15 minutes early and the other people that were suppost to be in the panel interview with me were late so it helped me out alot. met with the store manager who was funny and very straight forward and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   2 Answers
    • Describe your style in three words.   1 Answer
    • If there was a customer that needed to be checked out and a customer just walked in the door and then i gave you a list of tasks which order would you put these three things in according to priority?   1 Answer
    • is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with the District Manager who was dressed in jeans and a cool top. If you interview, you don't have to go all out in a suit. Interview was set up very casually to encourage more conversation than too many traditional interview questions, however you should be able to talk freely about what you do to create sales, merchandising, training, driving teamwork, and communication- no b.s. If you are not a hands on manager, this job would not be for you.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer is looking for personality, management style and strong worth ethic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A bit confusing since their online application utilizes the same form for both sales associates & management. Was invited for an interview, was not until the very end I was informed I was being considered for a sales position not a management position. Very sketchy in regards to hourly pay, arrived 10 minutes early only to be asked to wait around for a few minutes-- turning into an entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Why Express?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Do you consider yourself a push over?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Express (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with SM and Co manager, Second with DM on the phone Background check and approval. First interview is pretty standard and questions are straight forward. Second part is a little more intense due to its format over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to motivate and drive a team to success.   Answer Question