Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Miami, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy I got Hired on spot soon as I told Her my previous experience at forver 21 and what I did There she immediately wanted to hired me. I then Proceeded to continue the interview we joked and had a lot in common

Interview Questions

• Who are you fashion icons?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you see a employee stealing?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Expressway Acres, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Expressway Acres, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was okay very fast not too difficult. They really tried to help me. Was concerned on where i wanted to work. Told me about the pay and benefits asked to drug screen.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Brownsville, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed with 2 other people. Simple interview trying to get to know us and any past experience we had. Lasted about ten minutes and ended up getting hired later that day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

It took 2 weeks. Very unprofessional place, I went in for an interview and had to wait like 5 minutes. Then The manager didn’t even interview me and made me get interviewed by some employee.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I signed up online and about a week later I was called in for an interview. They do not specify that it was a group interview, although I did expect it due to reading it everywhere online. To no surprise, it was a group interview. The manager seemed extremely casual and the interview was overall pretty basic questions. Make sure to make your ideas heard. Even if you don't have retail experience, relate the questions back to volunteer experience or other such subjects.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It was a group interview. I was the first one there I had wait for the others to arrive. While I was looking around the store. It brought back so many memories of me shopping there.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I came in to the front cashier and it was a group interview. I waited until the hiring manager was ready and then we walked into the back room. It went okay. The hiring manager was very nice and outgoing and had a very good impression, however, I was the only one in the group interview with no retail experience and that alone was very intimidating when she asked us questions about previous retail jobs. I was pretty put off by this and by the second question I already felt unqualified. I believe group interviews are not very fair when the hiring manager asked questions like "How did you handle customer service at your old job?" paired with many other people with retail experience. I already felt disqualified and it almost made me want to excuse myself to leave by the 4th question when she kept asking these.

I didn't end up wanting this job whether I got an offer or not so I ended up taking a job offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How are you Fun, how are you Friendly, and how are you Fashionable?   Answer Question
    • What was something at your old job that you felt like you did something rewarding?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle customer service at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you made a mistake and found a solution at your previous job?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Entire process took around 1 month. Basic questions during interview mostly situational to gauge how you would deal with customers. Very thorough and they called all 3 of my references so make sure you have good references.

Interview Questions

• Know the history of the company. Know how you would deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express (Mays Landing, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with one other high school girl. There was a third but the manager said to forget her because she was late. The woman was very nice she explained the position, talked to us about shifts, "dress code", and emphasized that the customers were the backbone of the store and that customer service was key. She then gave us a short introduction about herself then asked us to do the same. The other girl basically just agreed with everything I was saying the whole time. At the end the manager told us there were 20 people applying altogether but she only needed to 2 she then told us she would call us on tuesday(the interview was on a friday if we got the job)

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Norfolk, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a group interview with one other person. The manager took us both in the back and had a paper on the table with the dress code, including examples of what you can wear, and some general rules. The manager was very friendly and the interview was laid back and fun. I got a call with a job offer about an hour later, and while on the phone he entered all of my info into the system to make me an official employee. The orientation was the next day.