Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Six of us went to the back storage room and sat in a circle in a group interview setting where they asked a series of questions were standard and related to our prior experience and how we would deal with customers.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call just a few days later to set up an interview time. I went in for the interview, which was super casual. I was told I would receive a call in 3 day whether or not I received the job. I thought the interview went well, but nervous about not getting it because I heard that most people get told right on the spot whether they got it. I received a call saying I had the job on the third day later in the day.

Interview Questions

• What store has provided you with an ideal customer service?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Received a phone call went in, was told to dress casual cute, got there was asked to pick a going out outfit and an outfit for an interview! Super great nice people

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer entering the store   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Express (Somerville, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

It was about 2 hours. Took a few computer tests such as Excel and typing. Completed several in-house consent foms such as contacting your references. Given license for background check. Interviewed with management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your professional background and how it relates to the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call to set up in store interview within a week. In store interview was actually a group interview. Have to speak up in order to get noticed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Sat down with a manager in a very informal setting after she showed me around the store. Asked me questions about what kind of places I like working in and what kind of schedule I would be interested in. Very friendly, one on one interview inside the mall.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

I am in college and needed the experience so I thought retail would be a good fit to get started. Customer service jobs are always a great experience and can always learn something from every opportunity. They had expressed what they were seeking in an employee and I had answered every question with enthusiasm. After the interview, I was offered an offer on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

It was a group interview. Relatively easy. Try to be the first person to answer the question. They asked your standard retail sales interview questions. Why do you want to work here? Your customer service skills, teamwork skills, etc.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Express (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application and within a week, received a call from the Store Manager requesting a date & time for an interview. She decided the day and a time to meet and told me we'd be meeting in the store. When I arrived for the interview early, the manager was ringing up customers, as there were only 2 employees working that day. She took me into the back office, which was cluttered and freezing cold. We sat and talked a bit about the weather before she began the interview. She let me know she'd have to leave her radio on, as there was only 1 other employee working the front. She asked normal interview questions, got up and walked out during the process about 4 or 5 times, as she was needing to help out front and was receiving a delivery. After all was said and done (about an hour of questions) she let me know that she would speak with her district manager and call me back . I sent a handwritten thank you note after the interview had finished. She called back to thank me for the note and to let me know she didn't have any managerial positions and she'd keep me first in line when one became available.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Express?   1 Answer
    • (Mostly behavioral response questions) Tell me about a time that you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you had to deal with a difficult employee, what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • In your sales/retail experience, what was one of the things you enjoyed doing the most? Specific details?   Answer Question

I accepted a position with another company. I waited for two weeks to hear from her that there were no positions open, even though the company's website said there were...

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Really didnt have a formal interview . Just came in and they asked general questions about hours and experience . Little to no difficulty , it was one of the easiest interviews ive ever been on. Was hired on the spot