Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2018

2.0

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Express (Orlando, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

Group Interviews. Dress the part.

Negotiation

always minimum wage. Unless you are hired in as manager then it will vary on your work experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

it went easy since the managers were so nice to me. Eventually, I went back for a second interview and got the job a week after. You have to dress professionally as well.

Interview Questions

• What magazine do you like to read?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

I filled out an application on the spot. Talked with the assistant manager for about 30 minutes and got scheduled to interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had issues with other employees?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Westminster, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I dropped off a resume, applied online, and filled out an integrity test, I called back for 2 weeks, and finally received an interview, in the interview it was 1:1 with the store manager. They just wanted to make sure you are a decent person and do not have a poor history record. They did check all my references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage, no negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Express.

Interview

Easy, no worries. basic questions just be yourself and you'll get the job and may be hired on the spot. Don't stress just look happy maybe visit company website
    casual and laid back. Express always needs new people to hire

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Express (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Group interview ( they were looking to hire multiple associates) in the office with the store manager. They asked your very simple questions regarding your style, why you want to work there, and if you had any experience in retail.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Express (Millburn, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I arrived about a half hour early, so they make you wait out on the sales floor before they bring you to the back. When they bring you to the back they sit you down. It was a group interview. They ask the group questions and we answered one by one. There wasn't any one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• If a costumer comes to you with a complaint about the service of another associate, what would you do.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was divided into two 30 minute sections with two different people. The first section was basic interview questions, and the second was an overview of the position and responsibilities. It was at the home office held in a conference room. They said I would hear back in a week, but it ended up being two. They emailed me telling me they had selected another candidate instead. Everyone, even the receptionist, were very friendly throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to the company?   1 Answer
    • Where do you find style inspiration?   1 Answer

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Express (Columbus, OH).

Interview

HR here is a joke. If you can avoid dealing with them after being hired you will be better off. They don't ask any difficult questions because they wouldn't know the answers. Just go along with them and you will get through their nonsense.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Where you worked? What you did? What you liked and disliked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical. Vacation so-so, Salary so-so, Health Ins so-so.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was one phone interview and one in person interview. There were no weird questions. Knew about my offer within two weeks of my interview. The phone interview was very basic