Factual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Factual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Factual.

Interview

Had two interviews with Factual: 1 HR, 1 Hiring Manager. Nothing technical at all. just some high level chat on my experience and resume. Although I have got positive feedback from interviewer, I got rejected. They guy that interviewed me was not experienced at all and did not ask even a single technical question. A bit unprofessional.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Factual.

Interview

The process is super long, which is about 2 months. I had so many interviews and all of them went well. As all the reviews said, the do not give out offers. People work there got their jobs without interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Factual in October 2016.

Interview

I had a terrible experience- not with the interview itself, but with getting responses from the company and trying to actually get the interview itself.

I talked to Factual recruiters at my university career fair, and gave them my resume. I received an email within the next week, and I ended up scheduling an interview with them. When the interview date arrived, the interviewer didn't call me, and the recruiter didn't bother emailing me.

I sent the recruiter an email telling them what had happened, and the recruiter took almost a week to respond, answering with a vague excuse. She asked me if I was available for another interview, and when I told her my availabilities, I just got radio silence from her again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factual (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer seemed a little tired even though I was his first interview, but I was brought into the room and asked a few questions about my resume before proceeding onto the technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Factual (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website, and received a phone interview after a week. The pone interview is based on behavior questions. Then, I got an online test. The test is based on regular expressions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Factual (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had the initial phone screening and got invitation to go on site. The onsite interview composes for 4 technical interviews, and then I also got to have lunch with some engineers. The interviews were horrible organized; some executive was supposed to interview me for my first interview but did not show up and some engineer got pulled in the last minute. My second interviewer was swapped with the fourth interviewer - very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• algorithm questions, text processing, and data structures.   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a link to a simple coding challenge. They called me for a phone interview, but I didn't quite meet their technical expectations. Really nice and encouraging people.

Interview Questions

• How would pull information from a site without using their api?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Factual in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting resume, I had a brief talk with a recruiter about my backgrounds.
    Then, I had a programming assignment to create a word puzzle problem in any language in about one week.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Factual (Century City, CA).

Interview

met with the entire team and basic questions about past experience and qualifications. Important to understand why the role is a perfect fit and make that clear with past experience

Interview Questions

• There were a few 'google' type questions that can be a doozy if you're tired or not quick on your feet.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Factual (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process went somewhat quick. I applied online. Recruiter called and phone screened. Was interviewing elsewhere and that led to a rush of going in person to meet with would-be manager. That went super well (sarcasm). It was a bit disappointing and also an eye opener. After following up with recruiter a week later was told I was not selected to move forward - and was told they had other candidates to consider. More so seemed they wanted someone with the exact title of the role they were hiring for, and that that person have been in that role for 5+ years...very innovate and forward-thinking right?