Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.1

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (New York, NY).

Interview

First I conducted an interview over the phone with the HR MANAGER which went rather well..,Secondly, I was given an onsite interview at a local location midweek, and though the store was busy the store manager still managed to be professional. courteous and encouraging! Lastly, I spoke by phone with the Area Manager going over various aspects of the job and all that's required...I START NEXT WEEK!!!

Interview Questions

• My reason for wanting to come aboard?   2 Answers

Auto Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

It was fairly easy. They were desperate for technicians and after being a tech at 2 dealerships, I basically got the job once I submitted my application in person. The interview was not professional. I was basically asked what I know and interviews for maybe 5 minutes and then sent immediately to get drug tested and started the next day. Was the shortest interview I've ever encountered

Interview Questions

• What are you comfortable doing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Pretty formal interview. One on one Interview with the store manager and the service manager, one after and another on the same day. A about a week later, you will get the result. They will offer you lower than what the market pay.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Your basic interview questions. I only had one interview before I was offered a position (start as sales associate). Basically they just want to know a little bit about you.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Columbia, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied to an online posting that advertised a job fair being held from 7am to 7pm. I arrived at the venue and was greeted by awkward looks upon walking through the door and asked if I had an appointment. I explained that I came across the job posting on indeed.com and was not aware that (due to it not being stated) I was supposed to receive a call from a recruiter to schedule a time for that day. I was then taken to a waiting area where I waited around 8 minutes to interview with one of the two Area Managers. The area manager explained that first we will go over my experience listed on my resume and proceed on to behavioral questions. I only managed to discuss my most recent employment before the conversation was directed to the behavioral questions. Through this process it was discussed that the Area Manager had a very similar employment background,in addition to how my experience fits in line with what they are looking for, causing me to believe things were going well. At the end it was explained the projected timing and advancement of the position and that at the end of the job fair they will be reviewing the resumes and information gathered and will be contacting candidates within the following week to schedule follow-up interviews to discuss store placement and pay. At 7:03pm I received an email from the recruiter stating "While your skills are certainly impressive we have decided to pursue other candidates." I found the timing to be a bit strange since I was informed that at the end of the event they will be discussing the candidates, the event was scheduled to end at 7:00pm so in the course of three minutes my credentials were discussed, it was decided I will not be a candidate for the positions they were looking to fill, and an email was sent out (rather fast if you ask me). However, I took it in stride and responded to the email thanking them for their time and the opportunity as well as requesting feedback on my interview so I may know what areas i would need to improve on to make myself a more viable candidate should I be presented with the opportunity in the future. I have yet to receive a response.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Mount Vernon, OH).

Interview

Online application and then call by HR and then interview on location and then call back and then meeting with HR and then drug test and then physical and then paperwork and then start. All within about 2-4 weeks

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own tools?   1 Answer

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Corpus Christi, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Rigorous interrogation about knowledge of vehicle suspension/brakes, drivetrain systems with 4 employees; GM, service manager, floor technicians. Trick questions, answered with general garage know how and customer service attitude and culpability. Interview concluded with friendly discussion of craziest things we ever had to fix resulting in immediate job offer from a company with a location that knows absolutely what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Did you do any work to that Mustang?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered 30% more than general service based upon years of demonstrated ability to fix and improve upon other's work. Not the kind of compensation I am used to, in perfect honesty, but for the market, location, and working conditions/arrangements/flexibility, I couldn't have asked for a better hiring process.

Auto Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was somewhat of a mess the interview was quick i applied and got called about 1 day later. Once the interview was over had to go for a physical exam and thats where everything became a problem i had to go back to the medical center 3 times because the company wouldn't send the confirmation for me to have a medical exam done at that facility.

Interview Questions

• What type of tools do you own?   1 Answer

General Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

One on one interview drug test physical then background check you will then get an offer from the company and if you like the offer you except or decline if you dont

Tire Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Mokena, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I called the head recruiter number listed in a open house post, she talked about the positions at stores in my area and she was very nice. She ask the manager if he could see me for an interview .We went to a small room away from the customers and sat down with that manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to be in Auototive, How did i handle certain job situations and what is a acceptable number of min to be late for work   1 Answer