Firestone Complete Auto Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Orlando, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

Very open and informative. I was clearly told what was to be expected of me and what was needed. I was asked what I could do to help and what I would foresee that may need to get to my goals and the company goals. I was shown the support structure in place and was offered any extra assistance along the way.

Interview Questions

• What was my end game. What did I want out of the company?   Answer Question

Interview

The store manager is nice and gentle! Have a great conversation and show me the store. After that, talk about the salary pay and what benefits they provide. At last, get an offer after several days.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Sat down with the Area Manager and Store Manager (not at the same time). Talked about the importance of sales, customer service and product knowledge. This interview was very relaxed and as long as you connect with the individual, you're going to get hired.

Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Very long. The interview took place in the loudest room, no privacy and there were at least 5 other people including the manager. In addition to the long interview, they did not really ask much about my experience, it was more of a get to know you thing.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Birmingham, AL) in January 2019.

Interview

I was just being my best self. showing my personality and answering all questions to the best of my ability. I came dressed for that position and I learned a little bit about the company before attending the interview.

Auto Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2018.

Interview

It started with a phone call with a recruiter, very very nice guy. The actual interview was also a good experience with the district manager. Inital phone interview was rather long but it was a good thing. I found out a lot about the company and got a general idea about what I was getting myself into at least I thought I was.
    The one on one was also ok. Mine was with a district manager who placed me in a different shop than I applied to and interviewed me at another location from either of those. We discussed rates, hours, many things. My real issue with the interview is that information I was given was blatantly false. I was told actual hours people were scheduled and this was actually increased once hired.

Interview Questions

• The normal things, experience, how long, why you are looking to change jobs, etc.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care (Irving, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with the Store Manager and the Area Manager in a different store. The interview was typical (challenges, achievements, background). Both interviewers were very natural and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

Interview began with a preliminary phone interview. I was told at the end of the call a Manager would be contacting me. I was interviewed in person. Straight forward and basic questions.

Manager of Tire Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Firestone Complete Auto Care.

Interview

First, I was quizzed on my knowledge of various systems on a car. Then I was asked why I want to be in the industry. I have experience and I just wanted to get back in because it is truly something I loved and challenged me. I have experience managing an entire shop so the position I interviewed for was actually a step down. I was asked about my current salary information, which was inappropriate as I should have been asked what my desired salary would be. I was agreeable and answered. I was told that Firestone "can't pay more than $XX/hour due to the size of the company and to prevent lawsuits for unequal pay". I thought that was a strange response, as just saying the highest pay for the position is $XX. Basically I would have to start much lower salary than where I work now, drive twice as far, and work weekends all the time, and work up to 48 hours a week. As any sales position they try to discuss bonuses and "spifs" to try and make it sound like you'll get much more than your base salary, and I already know how that works out. Another tactic they use is saying about how quickly you can move up and how others in the same position made the same salary as higher positions at other competitors. I told the interviewer I would need a week to make a thorough decision after being offered a position on the spot (strange for a large corporation). I was pressured into giving an answer on the spot and I said I'll have an answer by tomorrow. I called back and told the interviewer I can't afford to take the pay cut and declined. I was told "you're missing out on a great company" which I felt was extremely unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth. An hour later I got a call back offering me my current salary! Now I feel like this is the company and management you have to strong arm to get your way which is not the type of people I want to work for. Once you're hired, anything you want you're probably out of luck unless you threaten to quit.

Interview Questions

• Describe the A/C system of a vehicle   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process started with a series of phone calls from corporate. After they get general information from you, they call you when they find a store that is in need of employees. Once you have a store, they have you do a face to face interview with the store manager.