Florida Blue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida Blue Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Blue in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional interview. He asked some good questions and answered all of mine instead of evading them like a lot of scammers do in this town. Very much would reccomend more apply for this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview

applied online with indeed. Next day received to do actual application and assessment.Shortly after that got a call from a recruiter briefly describing job and set up face to face interview. Was instructed to do virtual interview that would be sent to hiring manager same day. Should hear back tomorrow.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an irate customer and how you handled the situation
      why do you want this temp position
      How does your experience and background make you a perfect fit for this job   Answer Question

I T Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Blue.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with the hiring team, then went on-site and interviewed in person. I liked most of the team. Seamed like great people. However, there was some person wearing a straw hat, indoors, who became real agitated for whatever reason while answering the "tell me about yourself" question because I wasn't skimming through my experience fast enough for him. Sometimes people like to act like a tough guy when they feel they have leverage on someone; this person wants this job, so I can treat them however I want. Told them I would not move forward a few days later while they were still deciding.

Interview Questions

• Asked various technical questions during the phone and on-site interview.   Answer Question

Director of Sales & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Blue (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I applied online and after about a month, was given a call from the HR department. Afterwards a phone interview with the VP of the department was scheduled and after successfully speaking to him, I was asked to go to an interview with the VP and 2 consultants. I never heard anything back despite follow ups. I thought the interviews went well but communication is the key. I expect at least an automated decline or communication from a company that has a large HR department.

Interview Questions

• what relationships with insurance companies do you have.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Blue (Miami, FL).

Interview

There is a screen process through a computer assessment, then a phone interview, follow by a in person interview. The in-person interview is a panel interview of two or more individuals reviewing your resume and experience to ensure you're a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to lead without authority and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida Blue (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, there were three interviews. The first was a phone screen with the hiring manager; went very well. Asked very basic questions about my experience and qualifications. Waited 3-4 days for a response and was invited on campus for an 'in person' interview. Met with hiring manager and another member of the department, went very well again - got into more details about my work history, experience and gained a further understanding of the position; took about an hour. Waited about a week when I was invited back for a 3rd interview, this time with the hiring manager, a member of another department whom the position worked very closely with and the incumbent. Went very well again, asked more difficult questions - much more detailed and initiated conversations about how I would handle specific situations. Felt very good about the process and had a lot of confidence leaving the 3rd interview. Was very turned off when, 1 week later, I received an auto-generated email from the HR department stating I did not get the position. After 3 interviews and nearly 4 hours of time, I would have thought a personal phone call from the hiring manager would have been a more professional way to turn me down. I reached out to him and he was willing to discuss the decision with me, so we set up a call and when it boiled down to making a decision, I didn't answer 2 questions they way they would have wanted me to, so I didn't get the position. Very frustrating end to a fairly pleasant interview experience because the way the questions were asked left the answers open to interpretation, they were not as specific as they could have been.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation involving a stakeholder.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida Blue in February 2017.

Interview

This is a behavioral scenario interview. There are a lot of "Tell me about a time when you..."
    The people that I met with were very personable and helped me feel at ease during the process, I get very nervous during interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor/manager about something that needed to be done. How did you go about proving your point and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Florida Blue (New York, NY).

Interview

Long day but fair and relaxed and pretty standard. There's no exam to test Excel or programming knowledge but having a background in both is helpful. Having knowledge of the healthcare market place is also very important, for obvious reasons.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida Blue (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online the day the job was posted and was called by HR 2 days later. Interviewed the next day with the hiring manager, then the next week again with the hiring manager. He asked for a few references, which I provided and I was offered the job the following week. A month before this, I applied for another job (same title, but some different responsibilities) and didn't even get a call or interview. So you just never know. Specific pay rate discussed w/HR and in the interview, I mentioned more, but ok'd the initial rate. Final offer was higher than initial amount, but not quite as high as I mentioned. I'm happy with it. I was highly skilled for this job for this job, so well worth the higher rate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
      What would you do differently if you had to start your career over?
      How do you handle confidentiality?
      What are you good at?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Florida Blue (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first stage was a conference call with two actuaries. They asked questions about the Affordable Care Act and technical questions about how to approach insurance problems, such as how I might go about creating a rating model for a plan with no historical data to rely on. It lasted about forty minutes and

Interview Questions

• Asked about everything I know about current health insurance laws.   Answer Question