Fluor Associate Design Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fluor Associate Design Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Fluor

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluor (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Went to the University Career Fair and talk to one of the Fluor recruiters, he was very professional and helpful. A few weeks later I received an email from Fluor for an interview opportunity. The interview mainly contain a few behavioral questions and overall was a very good experience.

I had the interview today and hopefully I will hear back from them soon. They told me it would take approximately 4 weeks to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Fluor

Associate Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fluor.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple disciplines relevant to my resume, some were 1 on 1 and some were with a group of engineers. For the most part it was laid back and an enjoyable environment. The engineering managers were descriptive.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fluor (Greenville, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a 4 stage interview. Mechanical engineers interview with Piping Deparmtent, Equipment Department, and HVAC / Fire safety systems departments. Then with an HR representative. Each interview lasts about an hour, most departments bring two or more representatives. Inbetween sessions employees show you around the office and answer any questions you may have. I have personally escorted interviewees around inbetween sessions. Interviews are done in groups of about 5 people, there is a morning and afternoon sessions.

Interview Questions

• How does your college or internship experience apply to working at Fluor and how can it benefit the company.   1 Answer

Associate Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muntinlupa (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fluor (Muntinlupa (Philippines)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was a project-based employee so I was immediately hired due to the demand in manpower. Examination included basic AISC steel design, concrete design (ACI), estimation, and a few design questions related to practices for oil and gas. Fresh graduates may find the examination easy as the design questions address pretty much textbook designs. Familiar with the AISC and ACI codes is essential.

Also there was a short IQ test.

The interview was mostly on past design experience, expectations should you get hired and your expected salary.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with not being able to use your MS (geotechnical) if you would work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Jack up your expected salary as they will definitely try to negotiate.

Associate Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

A couple months after sending Fluor my CV and a cover letter inviting me to an assessment day two weeks later. The assessment day started at 8am, where we were given an initial presentation by some of the managers, explaining about the company and the type of projects they work on. We were split into two teams and given a situational problem and we were asked to prepare a presentation on how we would solve the issue. We then had to construct a marble run out of paper which would hold the marble for as long as possible. We stopped for lunch and had an opportunity to talk to graduates at various stages of their programs which was very helpful. After lunch we had two interviews, a technical one and a HR one. In the technical interview I was asked some questions about my knowledge and the course I studied. The HR interview consisted of questions about me- competency based questions. Finally we had to deliver presentations we had been asked to prepare in advance on topics of our choice. All of the managers kept the day as relaxed as possible and were very friendly, I got a really good impression of the company based on this day.

Associate Design Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fluor.

Interview

Typical interview day, group exercise, technical interview and HR interview. Asked me a few straight forward questions to test my problem solving skills and then asked to tell more about university course and individual projects.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about P&ID and what it is, why we need it and so on   1 Answer