KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 473 of over 473 interviews

Employee Referral7%
1.9
HardAverageEasy

Food Lion

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview a week later. The interviewer was polite and mostly asked stock interview questions. It was about twenty minutes in that he started describing the position of Quality Assurance Associate which was actually not the job I applied for. Still, I needed a job and was open to this one. At the end of the interview he told me he only needed to interview another person but my chances were good of getting hired. He said I'd hear from him by Monday, but then he never called.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question
  • When was a time you had a conflict with a superior and how did you resolve it?

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

Easy simple meet and description of job. Basic character questions. Nice person variable discussion questions re work food likes preferred days and hours questions re previous jobs 12 3 4 5 6 7 8

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to show up on time?

Food Lion

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

Very nice, thorough and fast paced. My interview was lucky enough to have a great person doing it. I learned everything I needed to and it was a great start to the company.

Interview Questions
  • How are you with customers, and what would you like out of this job?

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

Very Positive - and informative it provided me insight into the job and challenged me to answer the questions and think hard on how to answer them for my interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is one challenge that you have faced and how did you overcome it?

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

Fairly easy, hired on spot just asked about availability and pay. No real questions were asked about myself, they needed people so it was a 10 minute interview. It was in a small town so my friends worked there too

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

Smooth and easy process. Very vague questions that you may have been asked before in previous retail interviews. They get back to you in quick manner following the interview. I wouldn’t be nervous at all. Be authentic, that’s what they want to see.

Interview Questions
  • Name an instance in a previous job where you had to practice problem solving.

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

easy only took 10 minutes and i got hired on spot she asked me why i wanted the job when could i start and how many hours was i looking forward too and also what was my desired pay

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Food Lion

Application

I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

The manager brought me back to his office for the interview. He was very kind and during the interview asked 7-8 behavioral questions and offered me a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Food Lion

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

It was an open interview, was very simple. Was asked for availability and why I wanted to work there. They asked how much I wanted to be paid, and then they gave me a day to come back and get officially hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Food Lion

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. They asked a lot about my experience and got to know me as a person. Seems like it will be a chill job.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience working in the food industry? Name a time you had a problem and had to overcome it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 473 Interviews

Food Lion Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Food Lion according to 490 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 39.59%

Work at Food Lion? Share Your Experiences

Food Lion logo

Food Lion Careers

Cover image for Food Lion

OUR HEART & SOUL If you know us, then you know that store associates are at the heart of Food Lion culture. Everything begins and ends...More

• Leadership
  • Resource Groups
  • Food Lion Feeds
  • Food Lion Values

Company Updates

88 days ago

Come join our team at Food Lion! We have full and part time opportunities available. Visit our website to apply today.

426 days ago

Company News
Two Food Lion leaders were named to Progressive Grocer magazine’s prestigious 2021 Top Women in Grocery list, one of the food industry’s highest honors. The award recognizes grocery retail leaders who demonstrate excellence in daily leadership throughout the industry, in their stores and communities. Food Lion recipients are Linda Stiller, Director, Associate Relations, who leads the department that supports 82,000 associates across 1100 stores and corporate office, and Kari Wilhelm, Director, Merchandising who leads merchandising efforts for Food Lion’s Southern Division. Linda provides guidance to ensure the company's treatment of associates is fair, respectful and consistent with our core values and policies. Her work promotes positive working relationships and helps associates support our towns and cities. Linda's team was critical in developing COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure our associate's health and wellbeing. Kari is instrumental in developing and executing key category programs and strategic initiatives for almost 200 stores.
Shared image - Two Food Lion Leaders Named to Prestigious 2021 "Top Women in Grocery" List | Food Lion, LLC.
newsroom.foodlion.com