Food Lion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty quick, applied and in 2 or 3 weeks or so. Then got an interview call on Friday nd mt with the manager on Monday then got offered the job exactly 2 days later. Make sure to answer when they call it shows you want the job!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food Lion in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the front-end manager. She was really nice. I felt really at home and not intimidated, (like most interviews.) She was definitely relatable and not judgmental by any means. She never seemed like she was above or better than you. She was very down to earth.
    I was asked what position I was interested in. She asked a little about my work history and then she gave me the run down on what was expected from employees.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work have you done before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Food Lion in April 2017.

Interview

In total it took about two months but I ended up getting the job. The interview was easy and the questions asked were fairly basic questions. I got the job after I went in a few weeks later and the manager approached me saying I got the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

it was a quick sit down interview with an in-training manager and the store manager. Very brief. About 15 mins or so. They were both very pleasant. I walked away liking the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you define Customer Service?
      Name a time when you really had to struggle to meet customer demands.   Answer Question

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Myrtle Beach, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Took less than two minutes: introduced myself, asked by manager if I had filled out an application (which he was holding) told me they would call me in a few days to work either 6am-2pm or 6pm-2am and have me work an aisle for 2 weeks 40 cases per hour. Asked if I had any questions then cut me off in middle of one. Because he was paged. As of this date not a word, called & left 2 messages for him. My mother has been with the company 10 years at another store, now I see why she hates it. Unfortunately in this area not a lot of jobs and fierce competition for $8.00 jobs.

Interview Questions

• No relevant questions asked other than my name. Literally 2 minutes   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Myrtle Beach, SC).

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience. They took me to an office and asked very simple questions. Most of the interview was them describing the job duties. Be sure to look in their about us section, big advantage for you if you know things about the company, they will ask! I was offered $8.75

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Very easy and laid back, lots of situational questions. There were no awkward moments and the interviewers were very personable which made it easy to be yourself. I got a job offer on the spot and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• If you had an issue with an unhappy customer, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion in February 2017.

Interview

Asked a series of questions ranging from personal likes to strengths and weaknesses. Went smooth and fast as there were others waiting to be interviewed after me. Was not given an on spot offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave an online application, called three times, and visited the store twice. They were far too laid back, kept saying they'd pool applications 'sometime this month' and were highly disrespectful.

Cashier Interview

Interview

a few basic questions why you want to work here. why do you want to work here? are you good with people? can you do basic math? what do you know about food lion?

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience as a cashier. how would you handle angry customers?   2 Answers