Ford Credit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Credit Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.9

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Credit in November 2017.

Interview

Had a behavioral interview on campus, then was flown out to Nashville for the Talent Management Conference. Decent accommodation, not really rolling out the red carpet for us by offering us a hotel buffet for dinner. Early morning start. Enjoyed the culture and people at Ford Credit. Very casual atmosphere. Group interview was pretty easy and based off of the case study. Also liked the two-on-one interview structure, although the man in my interview kind of dominated the conversation. What really got me was the campus tour. Maybe because I was anticipating lunch, but I was BORED. The last part really got me though. Some FC employee was trying to give us the "hard sell" and ask us about what we were looking for in a career/program - this should have been a question-and-answer session with the Ford Credit LDPs already in the program. Dragged on for like 30 mins too long. Then they had us give feedback about the interview and talent conference literally to the one woman's face. I would have been more than happy to fill out an anonymous survey bc I like the coordinator and FC spent the $ to fly us out. But how tone-deaf do you have to be to let that go on?!? God it was just awful and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I won't be accepting an offer with them bc I just wasn't interested in that lifestyle (it sounds like everyone in FC is a lifer - not necessarily a bad problem, just not what I was looking for.) If it's somewhere where you can see yourself, then absolutely follow that path.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral then two scenario Q's that reminded me of the assessment you took online before the interview   Answer Question

Discounter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit in November 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by a lady and a man. The man was polite and professional. The lady seemed very rude which was totally unnecessary. Total waste of time from their ridiculously long online test to meeting with someone who obviously doesn't know how to speak to people.

Ford Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took assessment, interviewed on campus, invited to headquarters, group case study, interviewed by 2 people at a time. Ultimately I did not get an offer though I was more than qualified, ended up being an expense of $100 to pay for my transportation to and from the airport.

Interview Questions

• Basically whats been said, dealership not submitting, time you worked in a group, why you chose what you did in your case.   Answer Question

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

There was a formal introduction and followed by the interview. The interview started with the question, tell us about your background experience, from there the interview once driven based on what I answered

Interview Questions

• What are the tools used? What are the projects involved in? Questions related to projects I worked in. What are the critical situation and how did you contribute in such situation?   Answer Question

Discounter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Credit in June 2017.

Interview

Several steps to the process, which is very organized and efficient. First, apply online. Next, I was contacted via email about completing an online assessment (behavioral questions & simulation). Then, I was contacted via email about completing a phone interview. Two days following the interview, I was emailed asking for an formal interview, onsite. Three days later I had an interview with two members of management; about 45 minutes in length. Two days later I was called and asked about my impression of the interview & offered the position contingent upon good references, background check, and negative drug screen. This took about one to two weeks, once assessment was completed.

Interview Questions

• About 8 behavioral questions. Answer using the STAR method.
      Have you ever met someone who seemed arrogant or pompous in your life? How did you deal with the situation? Did your relationship change eventually? How or how did it not change?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Columbia, SC) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews where they ask about resume and different experiences that show what type of person you are. A lot of behavioral type questions to see how you overcome certain situations. Overall a very stress free interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and another disagreed on something and how you came to a consensus.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you showed true leadership skills.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

P2P interview and group interview. The interviewers are all very nice, trying to make you feel comfortable. There was also a dinner spending with leaders. So behaving properly is very important.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you have a different opinion with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN).

Interview

There were two interviews; one on-campus and the other off-campus. The first interview was fairly straight forward with behavioral and situational questions. The recruiter was friendly and looking for someone that could speak well and demonstrate professionalism and confidence.

The second interview included a group case interview. It was given to you before hand, but then you were expected to work with a team at their location to decide on a consensus approach. Afterwards you were given a tour and a final interview that asked some behavioral questions and more in-depth situations.

Overall, the experience was great. The Ford Credit team is incredibly friendly and just looking for the best fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• A dealership is performing well but, not submitting paperwork. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took their skills assessment, which contained straight-forward situational questions. After about a week and a half, I was contacted by a representative to set up my initial phone interview. This one contained behavior questions, and simply served as a screening to see if they wanted to fly you out to their in-person interviews.

About two weeks after the initial interview, I was told that I was going to be flown out to Nashville for their in-person interviews. It was a 24-hour process where they put you in a hotel in Franklin for the night, and then you go through the interview process the next day. The interview consisted of a group project, an in-person interview (more behavioral and situational questions), and a tour of their Nashville Business Center.

All in all, the process wasn't too difficult. There were no technical questions asked during the process and I was extended an offer. Just stress that you're good with working with people, and you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you have a dealership that ranks highly in sales, but hasn't submitted their paperwork properly for the past two months. How would you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a three part assessment, which is timed, that was quite involved in an IQ manner. If you succeed in the assessment then you move on to a phone interview. Once you have passed the phone interview and selected to proceed you will be invited to a talent convention.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which, employment or student, you have to deal with a difficult individual. Also, describe how you dealt with it, what method of reasoning did you use, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question