Four Seasons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Four Seasons

2.8

Sort:

Pastry Cook Interview

Interview

HR refused to interview me when I said I would not work on Sundays. I went home, bypassed HR and called the Pastry Chef directly. He set up the necessary interviews and I was hired on. The interview process was interesting: first with HR, then the pastry cook, then chef, then food and beverage director, and finally the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Would you serve a guest a burnt croissant?   2 Answers

Pool Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

I met with 4 people. It was casual but serious. I tried to give examples of specific instances where my past jobs could help me fulfill my duties at the pool. They liked that. I smiled a lot.

Pool Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons in November 2012.

Interview

Five different interviews. First two are to process out those lacking communicative abilities. Then you meet with a department head of where you are going, the Resort or Hotel Manager to ask what you want of the Four Seasons and lately back to HR to finish paper work and drug tests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult it was merely character based. I suppose a 5 year plan was most important. They want you to want them forever.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an hourly wage, no negotiation is available. However you can make your own wage based off of tips later.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Seasons.

Interview

Hr preliminary interview followed by interview with assistant F & B Director. Skype with Director of F&B and final interview with Resort Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your beverage cost or desired beverage cost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically have a set salary for all assistant managers.

Junior Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maui Meadows, HI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Maui Meadows, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

The process started with an interview by HR, and followed with 3 more interviews, being the last one performed by the General Manager. It was a friendly process, punctual and efficient. The company performed behaviour based interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to assist a client or guest.   1 Answer

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Seasons (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A candidate and I went on a group interview first.
    I think they are trying to see how well you work as a team.
    Afterwards, we were called in for a 1to1 interview, with the interviewer asking basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in Four Seasons?   Answer Question
    • Had you ever had a conflict at work and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Was there a time you did something special for a customer?   1 Answer

SPA Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Westlake Village, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Took a little over a month and about 5 interviews but everyone was very friendly throughout the process and once hired everything went smoothly. Had to meet with HR, then Assistant Director, then Manager, then Director, then GM. Each of them asked the same questions in STAR style, and were less then 10 minutes long once I was taken back. All managers "forgot" I was there and had me wait 30+ minutes before interviewing me after I showed up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an angry customer? STAR style questions.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanai City, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Lanai City, HI) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and within the week had a skype interview set up. Talked with an assistant director of human resources for one hour. It was a long interview that seemed to drag on a bit, but had a good talk. Flubbed the questions about the company because I've never actually seen them used in an interview so did not research all of the details. Think that was why I was not offered the position, but you never know.

Applied for the job on LinkedIn and received an email shortly after to set up the interview. Easy process, long conversation, heard about their decision a week after the interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A lady asked me several questions about my working experience, and if I could work on Saturday...When I told her that I might have difficulty to work on Saturday. She explained to me why this position need some weekend work schedule. At last, she told me I would get the result by the end of next week.

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Four Seasons (Baltimore, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Responded thru craigslist. Got a call from a hiring manager for restaurants, had a quick phone interview. He asked if I'd come in and talk to him, I made an appt and went to the interview. Through no fault of the interviewer, I had a ho hum interview. At the end of our interview, he said he was going to kick my application upstairs, which I thought meant yeah, whatever. 10 days or so later I got a call from an assistant to one of the restaurant managers to come in and meet with the restaurant manager. Had a great interview with him. He sent my app back up to human resources, they called a few days later and had me come in two days later for an interview with them. Had great interview with HR. HR director had me come back the next day to speak to the Hotel Manager. He talked to me for a bit, said welcome to Four Seasons, follow me to HR for paperwork. Paperwork means a saliva drug test and a sign off on a criminal background check. They said they'd call me in a couple days to come in and be fitted for a uniform and do paperwork. It wasn't a couple days, it was 9 days later that that they called and left me a message welcoming me to Four Seasons and call back for my start date. I had no idea it would take that long, and thought I didn't pass the drug test or the background check or something - which woulda pissed me off cuz I'm clean a stinking whistle, but In that time, I actually received another job offer and accepted it.

So when Four Seasons finally called I had a decision to make...I decided to go ahead and start with Four Season's and started the two day orientation this week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Four Season's experience?   1 Answer
    • What have you done recently to make a client's experience exceptional?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation...they either want you or they don't. They either offer you a job or they don't. It did take a while....but it will be worth it I hope. The one thing I wish I woulda asked sooner was the tip sharing thing...not sure how that'll work out, but I believe you get out what you put into it...