Friendly's Ice Cream Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2015

1.7

Servers Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

very quick, asked about prior experience. Only lasted about 5 minutes and was offered the job on the spot. The following day I had a standard orientation where you had to watch films and answer questions. Trained for about a week before I was serving on my own.

Greeter/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

I went in for the first interview with the manager, they were really nice and asked me reasonable questions, not impossible useless ones. The second interview I met with the general manager and they were also very nice and friendly, they were really understanding. It didn't even feel like an interview because they were so welcoming.

Serverr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Lancaster, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. He hired me based on past experience with the company and it seemed like he also hired me based on my appearance. I started shortly after and it was easy. He spent most of the interview talking about his own background.

Server/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Hiring process was very easy, just had to show a positive attitude and a willingness to work. I submitted my application and received a phone call within a few days. I needed a job and this place seemed easy enough to get a job at. It was. I have been employed with this location for a few years and they were willing to work around my college schedule.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience? The interview was not difficult.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream.

Interview

My sister worked there so all i had to do was turn in an application and they gave me an interview. The interview was with the assistant manager. She did not ask a lot of questions so it was quick.

Anonymous Employee in West York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (West York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Usual interview met with the general manager first than with the assistant manager. It lasted about an hour total. The general manager went over my resume and asked general questions about myself and my work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (York, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was called back for a second interview with a different manager, but missed the call; that manager will not be in until Friday. Generally I just applied, went in when called and filled out another application for her to go over. Host offered me a drink but I refused.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, she just went over my application and asked a few questions, noting that it'd be my first job and that I had limited transportation.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Keene, NH).

Interview

Applied on line. received email scheduling phone interview with HR, which went well...scheduled interview with area director had to travel 100 miles round trip, interview went well. Did background check. Scheduled interview with RVP 200 mile round trip...interview was canceled day before..phone interview scheduled with RVP..he never called or canceled. it was 4th July weekend so couldn't get hold of HR until following week. Then was told that some reorganization had happened and position was not open anymore and RVP was reassigned. scheduled interview with new RVP in local store so no traveling this time...day before canceled again, unless I was willing to drive to Mass. next morning (250 miles round trip) then she could see me. Company seems unorganized and has no regards for prospective employees time or money involved in the hiring process. It makes me wonder how they actually treat there employees once they are hired. Maybe this has been a blessing in disguise. I have decided to move on and have interviews scheduled with several of their competitors.

Interview Questions

• Question where not difficult and the interviews they did manage to keep were professional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Well I went in person because my teacher told me too, and when I did, I saw a family friend. She helped me out by doing the interview and giving me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Camillus, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Friendly's Ice Cream (Camillus, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I sat at a table with the manager and was asked a few questions about my past experience. It was more of an informal interview. The manager just wants to see your personality and whether you would be a good fit. I would just recommend to just be yourself. If you can socialize and communicate with people well and are happy spirited, there should not be a problem.