Fusion-io Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fusion-io Interview Questions

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io (Louisville, CO).

Interview

Very extensive, grueling interview process. Phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager. Technical phone interview with senior test engineers. FULL DAY of on-site interviews with management, senior test and automation engineers, principal developers, program management, the director of test engineering - felt like entire office. Several of the test engineers I had already had interviews with on the phone. The principal developers seemed disinterested and at times condescending. The local recruiter was out of sync with the primary recruiter from the Salt Lake office on topics like.. SALARY.

Its worth noting, the Next-Gen folks are a tight knit group that have worked together at other companies over a number of years and joined Fusion-io through acquisition. I sensed some differences and tensions at times between the different groups, which could be one reason the interview process was stopped without an offer after such an exhaustive process. Ultimately, I am happy the way everything turned out, as I have ended up better off elsewhere.

Logic Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fusion-io.

Interview

Two round phone interview .One is from the verification team ,the other is from the logic design group .The logic guy more focus on the HDL design .And the verification person place more emphasis on the software programming skill ,that is C/C++.

Difference between verilog and C ? what is pointer? what is class ?Some basic question about HDL programming and C/C++ .And the detailed question based on my resume project . Such as the difference between mealy and more FSM .

Interview Questions

• Actually i think there are all basic question .Since on phone they can not ask you to write a FSM or design something .Thus i think get better understanding of basic concept about Hardware/Software Design is important .   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I first turned in my resume at the career fair on campus. I received an email a week later that the company was interested. From there I had several phone interviews followed by an in person interview at the company. I was asked to several technical questions throughout the process so they could get an understanding of my technical level.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io in December 2013.

Interview

No technical questions. Just Managerial experience/skills questions with hypothetical scenarios, that have different ways to address depending on the situation at hand. Two rounds of interviews. First interviewer was very good and to the point. The second interviewer was yawning since the first minute of the interview and never made eye contact. Seemed like he had already decided from the first minute.

Logic Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fusion-io in November 2013.

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews with HR, manager and Team Members. They were very friendly and helped me understand how they work and what they work on. Overall it was a pleasant interview process

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io.

Interview

I had an interview with the support manager at the time who is very technical, as well as one of the support staff. They asked me a lot of technical questions regarding Windows and Linux trouble shooting. I then had a second interview in person. I was flown to their office and I met with the director. He then gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the technical questions to be overly complicated   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fusion-io (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in July 2013.

Interview

They began with a lengthy coding task at home (create a machine code assembler for a legacy piece of hardware). It took many hours (I wasn't sure how fancy to make it, since the instructions said what it had to accomplish, but gave no indication beyond that of what they were really looking for).

Since they were happy with what I coded, I was asked to do interviews on-site (nothing was done by phone). It was five or six half-hour interviews in a row. In each case, the interviewer had an unrealistically long list of questions assigned by the company. Despite the fact that I haven't coded C/C++ in many years (and told them so), half of the questions I was asked were specific to C++ (I didn't have a clue on most of those questions, which were specific to new techniques that didn't even exist when I last coded in C++). The interviews were very uneven. The C++ portions were definitely a waste of their time and mine.

More surprisingly, even the Java questions were strange. Their use of Java is unusual and experimental, and they admitted it is likely to be refactored to something more normal in the future.

Since more than a month later I never heard anything back from them, I'm assuming they aren't interested (but it was such a weird interview that I probably wouldn't have accepted an offer anyway).

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember the name of the C++ technique I was asked about (I had never heard of it before).   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fusion-io in June 2013.

Interview

Found the opportunity on the DICE job board.
    Applied on-line.
    Found LinkedIn 1st degree contact who facilitated an introduction to the hiring manager.
    HR screening interview.
    Hiring manager interview.
    All went well from my perspective.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io in May 2013.

Interview

Apply from school coop system, got first interview after 2 weeks, then the second interview after another week. Two weeks after that, decision was made. Another accident happened that the team did not have enough positions to hire me, but soon they asked one more from department.

Interview Questions

• Most are normal digital design questions. I made mistakes and the interviewer helped me figure them out. The day after the second interview, they sent me a written simple question. It was about figuring out the power button logic, and making a rough design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion-io (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter , setup Phone call with HR to discuss the position. Next had 2 telephonic Interviews, one with Hiring Manager which went well and then with Senior Engineer. Second Telephonic round was cancelled thrice, once the interviewer forgot, next time HR sent out the wrong time and the third time no one called. Never heard back after that, thoroughly unprofessional HR and staff.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were from OS and Compilers. Function pointers,locking mechanisms, threading concepts, spin locks, mutex locks and semaphores.   Answer Question