Fuze Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (Boston, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

4 round interview process with a number of different level employees. Not many technical questions, more about fit. Met with C level personnel who seemed very interested in why I wanted to work at Fuze, and why I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Fuze?   1 Answer

Support Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fuze.

Interview

Initial contact with a recruiter, 2 phone screens before an in person interview.
    The phone screens were introductory, the in person interview was more detailed and in depth.
    The process was relaxed in tone and presentation but thorough on my experience and technical / customer service aspects.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview with the VP
    Second interview with the Presales Head
    Third interview with the Head of sales South of Europe
    Forth interview : a panel with a use case
    Fith interview with the Head of Europe

Channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fuze in August 2019.

Interview

What an absolute train wreck of stupidity and disrespect.

If you enjoy being lied to you and having your time wasted then this is the place for you. After several meetings with the hiring manager and a face to face meeting with the VP and the sales team, the hiring manager goes dark along with recruiter. Multiple promises to get back to me and no calls...finally do get in touch with the recruiter only to find out the hiring manager never had the headcount approved since the company is going public. How is this even possible? Once again absolute liars and could care less about anyone’s time but themselves. Never in my career have I experienced something like this. And to top it off I still haven’t heard back from the hiring manager as they promised to get back to me multiple times. Get your act together and act like a human being when you bring people in for interviews.

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fuze in May 2019.

Interview

I went through a phone screening with HR, phone interview with the Principal Designer, and set up a time to present my design exercise in person at the Fuze office. Six people sat in on my presentation and shared thoughtful, pointed questions. The design exercise took about 5 hours of my time and the interview lasted about 3 hours. After the interview, I didn't hear back until two weeks later. I wish the team kept me in the loop about where I was in the process. I had to reach out multiple times to ask over the course of two weeks, only to find out they weren't interested in an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain your design decisions? Why did you design the product this way and did you consider other alternatives?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (Boston, MA).

Interview

Recruiter connected with me on LinkedIn. I was told there would be a phone screen, take home and then an onsite.

Talked to the lead developer for the teams for the phone screen. He talked about what interests me in Fuze, how Fuze WLB is super flexible and fully allows WFH and remote working etc.

Fuze is apparently enhancing the services on their platform. So they are going to be writing node services.

The lead developer was calling from Europe (cause he was working remotely.)

During the phone screen, the call kept breaking up almost 80% of the time (due to the interviewer calling using Wi-Fi calling or international roaming.)

I kept telling him he was breaking up a lot, and at one point he seemed a little annoyed with that.

I answered all of the interviewer's questions pretty well.

But I'm guessing that the frequent breaking up on the call may have had a detrimental impact.

I received email from recruiter a week later saying they are not moving forward :/

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fuze.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening that went well, was able to articulate my results and was clear I did my research prior to the interview. The second interview I had with the hiring manager went just as well and was told by the manager that they enjoyed our conversation and I would have another interview with the VP. I ended up never getting that next interview. I followed up numerous times by email and phone, and then was told by the recruiter that the position was put on hold at the moment, which was understandable. About two weeks later I saw the job posting again and reached out to the recruiter about it. She then sent me an automated rejection email. I asked for transparency, as I was confused at to what might have happened and got nothing. It was one of the most unprofessional experiences I've had with a company.

Sales Position Interview

Interview

Interview with the hiring mananger and Vice President. Initially the interview processes went very well and was moving along smoothly. I had several in person interviews and then they contacted me for my references. They told me all of those came back great. They then strung me along for several more weeks, I contacted the hiring manager who said he would have a response to me by the end of the week. Never heard back. Then finally I heard from the recruiter who said they really liked me but they thought this male Candidate was a better fit. After looking at their sales force it appears to be all males. I found this so disheartening why would you check my references and not offer me the job. Their hiring process is ridiculous. I know they have a new CEO who wants more women in their company yet they continue to hire only males. She couldn’t even give me a solid reason for why they went with him. I suggest looking at the competition. Any company that will string you along for weeks is not worth your time. Glad I dodge a bullet. I wonder if they treat their customers this way. I suggest the CEO take a look at his management team. They will continue to have a all male salesforce. It was a waste of my time and energy.

Interview Questions

Fuze Response

Sep 18, 2018 – Chief People Officer

It’s really disappointing to hear that you had such a poor interview experience at Fuze. I am especially concerned to learn that so much time went by before you received feedback about how things went. We are interested in improving the diversity across the entire company and recently launched some new initiatives to enhance these efforts. We strive to make our hiring process as efficient as possible, but sometimes there are slip ups. If you would like to connect and provide more detailed feedback, I would be happy to speak with you directly. -Mary Good, Chief People Officer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Phone screen with recruiting team. Told I would hear back in 2 days...2+ weeks later, no word. Recruiting does not value candidates time or experience whether they be an applicant, referral, or from direct sourcing. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background and why you are interested in Fuze   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Received an email asking for an interview. Emailed some dates/times. Never heard back. Followed up, after a day, we set up an interview. The HR/Talent Acquisition lady never called. Never emailed to apologize for missing our call. I emailed to follow up, and we set up another time. She did call this time. Interview lasted 15 minutes. She never asked me if I had any questions. Really unprofessional. Never heard back, probably for the best.

Interview Questions

Fuze Response

Jul 19, 2018 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor interview experience with us. We do take this feedback seriously, and I'll work with our team to improve our processes.