Fuze Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fuze (Boston, MA).

Interview

Really good process. It seemed like the right balance of time and people - enough to get a sense of the company, not so much as to waste your time. Interviewers were well prepared and asked a balance of questions that tested both ability and team fit.

Interview Questions

• What values do you say your care about most (ex: integrity, ownership, etc.)   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met with the head of HR and she was very nice and wanted to introduce me to some of the team. The in-house recruiter came in to speak with me and was very rude. She told me I was not right for the job and couldn't believe that I was even in the office meeting with people. As a recruiter myself, if you know the candidate is not a good fit, then you handle it in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• General sourcing candidate questions.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

Phone screen with recruiting team. Told I would hear back in 2 days...2+ weeks later, no word. Recruiting does not value candidates time or experience whether they be an applicant, referral, or from direct sourcing. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Explain your background and why you are interested in Fuze   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

a few interviews in person with engineering leaders. CEO did not know what to ask but questioned my commitment to his culture. Was trying to figure out my age and asked me twice about my age. That was a turn-off.

Interview Questions

• when asked my age and when it was suggested that younger engineers are the most creative, I lost interest in the job and the company   2 Answers

It was not a company that I could feel good about

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fuze (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got interview through recruiter. He set me one with the company. Had one interview over their product Fuze (video conferencing software). Had to install product before interview - very nice product : installed on laptop & tablet. Interview with Sr. Director of Engineering. He introduced himself and his experience so did I. It was highly technical but friendly style. A lot of questions on different areas: C/C++, Audio/Video/ VoIP

Interview Questions

• Describe how audio/ video is encoded in SIP protocol? What is MOS?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

very good interview process. Lots of questions, good engineering talent at the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it took 2 days

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fuze.

Interview

quick interview, technical questions, previous experiences, get face to face with two senior people, they were very nice and asked me some technical questions and previous projects.It went well and i got an offer a couple of days later

Interview Questions

• technical questions, previous experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fuze (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was good. Everybody was friendly. Helped me by giving hints when I was stuck. Did not mind that I came up in shorts. There were snacks. Showed me around the office afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How would you solve *this problem*?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

very difficult company to get selected to join. They hire only "A" players. They only want the best and they hold people accountable. I love it because it's a team of people who have drive and who make things happen. You have to get through at least 7 managers to get accepted. any one manager can vote no and then you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you should be hired at Fuze and what was the greatest mistake you've ever made?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was not tough. because they know talent and they also know that there is a bunch of weak talent out there, I was quickly viewed as a talented person.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fuze (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was scheduled by my recruiter. My first interview was with the VP Sales in person at their office. She also had me interview with the Director of Inside Sales that same day. The VP Sales works very closely with and I would say has a mentor/adviser type of relationship with the Director of Inside Sales. You want to be on both of their good sides. They work very closely together. I had another phone conversation with the VP Sales to dig a little deeper into my past experience and more strategy discussion. The next step was an interview with the CEO (VP of Sales is married to the CEO). This is not something that was disclosed until I accepted the position but I feel is something they should tell you in advance. The CEO interview was making sure you understand the vision of the company and his expectations of you. Basically he meets with you and then gives the final yes or no to the VP of Sales before she makes an offer. I received an offer letter via email from the VP of Sales. I received it on a Friday and was given until close of business the following Monday to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe your account strategy approach?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did have a couple of questions and she did not answer my calls or respond to my emails in a timely matter that day so I accepted the offer as-is. I would encourage you to be diligent and even if she is not responding I would wait until she acknowledges you have questions before accepting an offer.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fuze.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening that went well, was able to articulate my results and was clear I did my research prior to the interview. The second interview I had with the hiring manager went just as well and was told by the manager that they enjoyed our conversation and I would have another interview with the VP. I ended up never getting that next interview. I followed up numerous times by email and phone, and then was told by the recruiter that the position was put on hold at the moment, which was understandable. About two weeks later I saw the job posting again and reached out to the recruiter about it. She then sent me an automated rejection email. I asked for transparency, as I was confused at to what might have happened and got nothing. It was one of the most unprofessional experiences I've had with a company.