Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fuze Founder and Chairman Steven Kokinos
Steven Kokinos

Pros
  • Competitive salary, free lunch, brand name (in 18 reviews)

• Work-life-balance seems to be a REAL thing here (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• Unethical sales practices directed by sales leadership (in 7 reviews)

"BDR"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We had weekly/semi-weekly spiffs and competitions on the sales floor. The people are open and fun to work with. Fuze provides their sales department with top notch sales training that can be applied in any sales position. The company is making all the right big picture moves to go public soon.

Cons

When I started working for Fuze it was a fun, startup atmosphere. The BDR role was a virtual "on deck circle" for advancement and the team was 35+ and growing. We worked long, hard hours in a relatively fun and competitive open air bullpen, but we had company events, outings, and socials often enough to help balance us out. In the past year that balance is basically gone. The atmosphere on the BDR team has changed from the "rocket ship" mentality to the "sinking ship" mentality. They got rid of their best managers, replaced them with a dingus, then lots of others have quit or been let go. The team is down to just over 10 BDRs now and they are still fading fast losing more people every week. While I was there they also restructured our comp plan 3 different times, made 4 managerial changes, fired half the inside sales team (which many on the BDR team were working to be a part of), and the BDR team went from 35+ to 15.

Advice to Management

Provide the BDR team with a better understanding of what they are working towards. Understand that the BDR role has an expiration date. Pay close attention to that and if plan for turnover

"interesting"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, moving HQ

Cons

Turnover, management, no room for growth

"Good people, massive potential"

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Rocket ship growth: The company is one of the fastest growing companies in the Boston area right now in terms of new funding and sales growth, creating opportunities for those willing to put in the work.
    -Huge market opportunity: Other cloud companies become successful selling into a fraction of a company. Fuze can essentially be sold to every employee within an organization so the market potential is incredible.
    -The people: This is one of the smartest, hardest working group of people I've been fortunate to work with
    -The new executive team: Over the past several months, several new members have been added to the executive team. The new senior leaders are experienced, level-headed, and are the ones who will take the company to the next stage of growth.
    - Flexible time-off: There's an unlimited vacation policy. Get your work done and take what time you need.

Cons

-The HQ location is sort of in the middle of nowhere but is moving to a more central, lively area downtown in 2017.
    -The new health benefits aren't as great as prior years, resulting in more coming out of pocket and making each paycheck feel a little smaller.
    -The rapid change may be viewed as a con to those more comfortable working in bigger companies.
    -Culture and values are still an ongoing development but the company is making progress in defining them.

Advice to Management

Focus on the few things that matter, listen to feedback, continue communicating openly with employees, prioritize the success of our customers

"Burn out city"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers.

Cons

Management. Mid level management in the company lacks true leadership. Since the salary is very competitive they tend to draw in other leading IT companies B players with no true leadership experience. Product still has some major back end flaws that would take years to fix and for that there is an endless line for help needed in support. If this is your only job offer, go for it. If you have industry experience, you're better off looking for something more professional.

Advice to Management

Get better? You're only as strong as your weakest link guys. Also tenure and knowing the company product doesn't always translate into a good manager.a

"If you're looking for growth, you'll find it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Smart, dedicated, hard-working, fun people who are focused on building a new pillar tech company.
    - The company is growing at 100% YOY, which opens up massive opportunity across the business to take on new challenges and new roles.
    - There is literally never a dull moment at Fuze.

Cons

- Growth has consequences, and the company must now focus on smoothing out the customer experience, which can be lumpy.

Advice to Management

The exec team that Steve Kokinos (CEO) has been building out is world class and can take the company to the next level. The rest of the company is now looking to this team to help us all focus on what matters, and keep us from the distractions and competing priorities that come with so many choices in a hot market.

Fuze Response

Feb 24, 2017 – Director

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the exciting time we're having at Fuze. You got it right that we're growing fast which can sometimes be a little challenging. As you've noted, the executive ... More

"Rocky Road"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Force Management

High Base Salary

Cons

High turnover throughout company. Linkedin reduction in force high (check LI headcount reduction stat)

Factors that led to my departure from sales org: saturated market, commissions not competitive, continuous downsizing in sales org, my team went from 7 to 3 people.

This startup has gone through financial and structural changes that are publicly concerning i.e. subleasing space to Wayfair...news article publicly available

Advice to Management

Stop reducing salesforce, invest in retaining good employees not disposing of them

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You will not find another company that will invest as much as Fuze does on training the sales team
    - Upward mobility (if you're deserving)
    - One of the largest markets to chase after
    - A product that is forcing industry giants to follow suit
    - An executive team with the know how to bring Fuze public

Cons

High growth companies are not the easiest to work for, you must be willing to adapt at a moments notice. If you are looking for a cookie cutter job, this isn't it.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path, it is working.

"A sinking vessel needs no navigation."

Current Employee - BDR in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales enablement and training is world-class.

Cons

I've been a part of a team where 3 managers resigned (unwillingly), commission gets botched or paid late (pretty much every quarter since I've been here), and told a career ladder exists. There's only so much koolaid one can drink before you're numb to it. There is no path to promotion, no transparency, and empty promises. The worst part is my first year was fantastic - great coworkers, great environment, and great leadership. Truly a waste of all the young talent on the team when $$$ mean more than leadership.

Advice to Management

Don't fire managers who actually coach, advocate, and instill knowledge and camaraderie on the sales floor.

"Be the change you wish to see..."

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People.
    There are a lot of really great, highly intelligent, folks who take their jobs and our product seriously but don't take themselves too seriously. Are there primadonnas? Egos? Poor behavior? Of course. Welcome to the real world. But the clear majority of people are awesome. I have yet to meet a manager or executive who shies away from or punishes an employee for pushing back or giving constructive criticism. The times I've seen or heard of sparks flying is when the feedback or pushing back (by employee or manager) isn't given at the appropriate time or place. So yes, you need a certain level of business and emotional maturity to work here. Would I feel comfortable walking into any of the C-level's offices to share my thoughts, ideas and feedback? Yeah, actually I would, and I have. I feel empowered to push my peers and my managers to BE better and to DO better in order to make our product successful and our customers happy. I’ve actually found that in the moments I’ve pushed back on difficult people or situations I’ve actually earned the trust and respect of the person, regardless of the outcome. As the old saying goes, if you’re not a part of the solution then you are part of the problem.

Cons

The benefits are basic but good, the current office location isn’t ideal but there are rumors that we are moving. Growing pains. You don’t grow as quickly as Fuze has and not have some pains.

Advice to Management

This advice is as much for current and future employees as it is management: If you think something is wrong, then fix it or work with people who can help get it fixed. SAY something to your manager, your VP, HR or the co-founders. Don’t hide behind Glassdoor reviews and complain. Management – make sure everyone knows you are open and available to have candid conversations and that it is safe to do so.

"Need to get this company back on track"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great product
    -Still highly motivated leaders to succeed
    -Great investors "to big to fail" funding
    -Starting to make changes to culture
    -Seems like management is actually listening
    -Company as a whole company seems to be in good standing
    -Making the necessary changes right now to be a successful company long term

Cons

-Sales extremely tough environment (competitive space, high turnover)
    -Around 10% of reps hit their quota every year, yet it doesn't change?
    -Seems like 1 or 2 reps are carrying the company every quarter, and also the only ones making any money
    -If you close a couple deals a quarter and hover around 50% of your number you won't get fired, but you won't get promoted either (50% of people fall into this bucket) and you won't even sniff your OTE
    -Overall people are unhappy in sales, it's evident because people are quitting left and right
    -In the end hiring managers making false promises to new hires, telling them that they will hit their numbers and make way more than they will, is biting them in the arse because people are finally leaving

Advice to Management

Sales management needs to take a look at why so many people are quitting, and fix it. Everybody knows that unhappy employees do not produce well, and when nobody is making any money, how do you expect people to actually stay?

Fuze Response

Jan 26, 2017 – SVP Worldwide Sales

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We've worked and will continue to work very hard to make this a positive and rewarding place to work. The company is doing very well in terms of growth both here in ... More