Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Fuze CEO Colin Doherty
Colin Doherty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life balance - flex time off, work from anywhere policy, and no guilt in taking advantage of the policies (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of transparency and foresight (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company, Product, and People"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being in sales, my review has that slant.
    - Awesome market potential. $30 Billion addressable market with low penetration by top players
    - Product with major competitive differentiation
    - Strong sales culture. Value based sales program that differentiates from low-quality competition.
    - Incoming senior leadership (CEO, CFO, Legal, HR, CIO, etc) are great leaders and have company poised for an IPO
    - Opportunities for promotion with consistent performance. Some people have been promoted twice in 2.5-3 years. Great work is rewarded with great compensation and future opportunities
    - With a growing company, many options for jobs outside of the one hired to perform.
    - Flexible work locations

Cons

- With a fast growing company, there are sometimes speed bumps. Fuze has face a few of those and came out stronger each time Colin and team have remedied this situation.
    - I wish I came to Fuze months earlier.

Advice to Management

Follow Colin's lead. He knows what he is doing.
    Always enable the sales team but not to the detriment of other departments.
    Open more Fuze offices in major cities with local sales and implementation teams.

2. "Dynamic Company That Really Cares About Employees"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fast-growth ... which means tons of career opportunity for Fuzers
    - Open, collaborative and transparent culture
    - I feel that the leadership team is invested in developing people -- training, regular performance reviews, compensation discussions, company-wide updates, etc.
    - I love what we do -- bringing modern communications to our customers via the cloud.
    - It's a fun place to work, especially in our cool new Copley Sq offices
    - Incredibly large market, dominated by slow-moving dinosaurs like Cisco, Avaya and Microsoft. We are seen as the innovative disruptor in the marketplace.
    - Talented and experienced exec team. I am especially impressed by the Brians -- CFO and CMO, and CEO Colin. This is a welcome change from the previous regime of crazy, angry people who were all fired for burning through too much money and bad/dishonest behavior.

Cons

- Some of our back-end systems need work. The company is growing very fast and hasn't slowed down to invest and upgrade things like the billing system.
    - Too many snacks in the kitchens. Addicted to the chocolate-covered pretzels. Luckily, we are close to several gyms and Soul Cycle.

Advice to Management

- Continue to invest in product innovation. This is a very fast-moving category. We must stay ahead and continue to lead the market.
    - We really need to rebuild the sales org as soon as possible. I'm excited that we have a new sales leader. But we need more sales capacity to continue our growth.
    - Customer care and support need more attention. We have tons of happy customers, but we need to do a better job of working with them to get problems resolved quickly.

3. "Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp people, resources, and decent product. Sales methodology when applied properly works well.

Cons

Marketplace in Southern California has been underserved by corporate hence we are behind the curve from a competitive standpoint. Lack of senior sales leadership in the West region has caused massive headcount reduction and has negatively impacted sales cycles.

Advice to Management

Place increased focus on regional challenges and have an increased sense of urgency when it comes to getting leadership in place.

"Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - RSM in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - RSM in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity in a hot market
    Fast growing company with plenty of room for growth
    Management gets involved with the deals; not spreadsheet managers
    Great coaching from management; if you are coachable and looking to be coached then this is the place for you.
    Pay is great and quota is realistic...lots of reps hitting their numbers
    Management is willing to go the extra mile to get deals done

Cons

No real major cons to speak of. Like any fast growing companies, there are challenges that present themselves because of fast growth, but those are great "problems" to have because they are a result of success.

Advice to Management

Continue to work toward the common goal(s) and continue with the development sessions.

""I think, therefore I phone" - Polycom VVX 300"

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Fast paced company positioned at the forefront of an inevitably emerging market. Relatively new upper management with goals of creating a sustainable situation that can handle current challenges at hand and achieve future growth. Countless opportunities for employees to gain real workplace experience on a daily basis. Truly great product which underlies my belief in this company.

Cons

A prior period of rapid growth has left a bit of a mess and a burntout staff in it's wake. Although progress is being made on a daily basis, there is still a good amount of work to be done to get things right.

Advice to Management

Learn from the lessons of the past and continue to strengthen back end processes that will be able to handle tomorrows challenges . More open collaboration and flow of information between departments (middle mgmt), every step in the process has the potential to have a positive or negative future impact on someone else down the line. Don't undervalue the talent and first hand Fuze experience of the current employees - make the effort to engage and listen to people to better understand what they are facing.

Jun 23, 2017 – Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. You are right in that we're focused on making changes nearly every day to help push the company forward. Work is being done to prioritize the most... More

6. "Sales Engineer"

I have been working at Fuze full-time

Pros

Great product, market outlook is strong. Has a wide variety of customers

Cons

change management, company churn, needs faster innovation

Advice to Management

figure out a strategy and execute on that plan.

"On a path to achieve great things"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great group of people - very smart talented folks, but also a lot of fun to work with
    - Fast pace environment - working with cutting edge technology, constantly pushing to make things more better
    - Work-life balance - flex time off, work from anywhere policy, and no guilt in taking advantage of the policies
    - New management teams seems really solid - they're open and transparent with monthly update meetings, very accessible to any employee, putting the right things in place for the future
    - Awesome new hq in copley w/ nice perks - free snacks, lots of social events, etc.

Cons

The period in time where ThinkingPhones transitioned to Fuze was challenging. The company grew too big too fast w/o the right controls in place. It became a very sales driven culture (president was former CRO) and mgmt did a very poor job of understanding the consequences. With a completely new mgmt team in place, most of this has turned around for the better, but there was a lot of damage done. In some areas of the business, the pieces are still being picked up. Things are definitely looking up

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing by being transparent and keeping a regular dialogue in place.

May 31, 2017 – Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the new changes with the office, management team, policies, etc. As you mentioned, some change is still in... More

8. "Decent Company"

I worked at Fuze full-time

Pros

The company is growing rapidly. A very laid back environment.

Cons

It is also bad that it is growing very fast. There are so many changes in staff, processes, and policies.

Jun 9, 2017 – Director

You got it right that we are growing very quickly. The pace of change isn't for everyone and our executive team is working hard to prioritize the most pressing issues for resolution. We're all... More

"Great teams make a company great too"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A company where old and new employees want it to succeed and we all push towards the same objective, making our product better day after day and having our customers happy.

Cons

Should approve new hires faster specially when an employee leaves the company.
    Health benefits could be better for this size of company.

Jun 9, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great that you commented on the way we all focus on wanting the company to succeed and truly act as One Fuze. We hear you about your point on approving new... More

"Almost there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Hard work and dedication = promotion and merit in this company
    -Lots of learning opportunities if you're open to wearing multiple hats
    -The people can be fun, great individuals, hard-working, and helpful
    -Senior management, while mostly new, seems invested in bringing the company public and taking their roles seriously, establishing processes and guidelines that a company 10 years old should have had from the on-set

Cons

-Only just starting to understand what it means to be a company that manages a wide variety of skill-sets across several countries
    -The services we offer are great, but the product is still reaching a level of manageable flexibility to truly pierce the market

Advice to Management

Focus on streamlining the customers' turn up process through what Sales actually sells, to the services provisioned, and the hand off to Support.