Fuze Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Colin Doherty

Pros
  • Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers (in 19 reviews)

• Work-life-balance seems to be a REAL thing here (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Since there was no one on the internal team to report this incident to, I just quit (in 7 reviews)

• There doesn't seem to be a life work/life balance and the lack of ethical practices amongst key areas of the company (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good people, massive potential"

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Rocket ship growth: The company is one of the fastest growing companies in the Boston area right now in terms of new funding and sales growth, creating opportunities for those willing to put in the work.
    -Huge market opportunity: Other cloud companies become successful selling into a fraction of a company. Fuze can essentially be sold to every employee within an organization so the market potential is incredible.
    -The people: This is one of the smartest, hardest working group of people I've been fortunate to work with
    -The new executive team: Over the past several months, several new members have been added to the executive team. The new senior leaders are experienced, level-headed, and are the ones who will take the company to the next stage of growth.
    - Flexible time-off: There's an unlimited vacation policy. Get your work done and take what time you need.

Cons

-The HQ location is sort of in the middle of nowhere but is moving to a more central, lively area downtown in 2017.
    -The new health benefits aren't as great as prior years, resulting in more coming out of pocket and making each paycheck feel a little smaller.
    -The rapid change may be viewed as a con to those more comfortable working in bigger companies.
    -Culture and values are still an ongoing development but the company is making progress in defining them.

Advice to Management

Focus on the few things that matter, listen to feedback, continue communicating openly with employees, prioritize the success of our customers

"The Rocky Road is smoothing out"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Over the past several months, several key leadership hires joined the company to bring Fuze to the next level of growth. This is the team to bring Fuze to IPO and beyond. They are more transparent, level-headed, focused, goal and results-oriented, and process-driven. Some of the churn that has happened has brought about a positive cultural change throughout different departments.

The new office location in Copley has definitely created a positive vibe in the office. We're a few weeks away from moving and it's going to have a great impact on the culture with everyone in HQ in the same building/space.

Overall, the company is focusing on improving culture and community throughout all locations with new policies, benefits, gatherings, etc.

Cons

It's easy to get caught up in the drama of a fast growing startup and the pace of Fuze isn't for everyone. We are in that awkward teenage stage of growth so some bumps should be expected.

Advice to Management

Continue to openly communicate with all employees - it's helping!

3. "Fast-Moving Agile Challenging"

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is important to recognize what we are and we aren't. We are a rapidly growing disruptive technology company. With that comes immense challenges along the way, but has never stifled the likes of creativity and innovation. This is a place where you will work hard. You WILL effect the success (one way or another) of the company. If you are open to all this and realize the opportunity behind the impediments then you will love coming to work everyday. No one can debate the market is huge, our product continues to develop, and the structure/development employees crave will continue to improve because we now have the right people in the right positions to push this forward. Locally - the move to Copley in a few weeks is a leap in the right direction for HQ

Cons

With the recently fully staffed executive team, there have been some necessary changes effecting various groups across the organization. There are shifts, changes, and developments that can effect employee's day to day. We aren't able to put a hiring plan together for the year in January and agree it's the right plan come December. These are challenges that every rapidly growing technology company experience and will lessen over time.

Advice to Management

Invest in L&D.

"BDR"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We had weekly/semi-weekly spiffs and competitions on the sales floor. The people are open and fun to work with. Fuze provides their sales department with top notch sales training that can be applied in any sales position. The company is making all the right big picture moves to go public soon.

Cons

When I started working for Fuze it was a fun, startup atmosphere. The BDR role was a virtual "on deck circle" for advancement and the team was 35+ and growing. We worked long, hard hours in a relatively fun and competitive open air bullpen, but we had company events, outings, and socials often enough to help balance us out. In the past year that balance is basically gone. The atmosphere on the BDR team has changed from the "rocket ship" mentality to the "sinking ship" mentality. They got rid of their best managers, replaced them with a dingus, then lots of others have quit or been let go. The team is down to just over 10 BDRs now and they are still fading fast losing more people every week. While I was there they also restructured our comp plan 3 different times, made 4 managerial changes, fired half the inside sales team (which many on the BDR team were working to be a part of), and the BDR team went from 35+ to 15.

Advice to Management

Provide the BDR team with a better understanding of what they are working towards. Understand that the BDR role has an expiration date. Pay close attention to that and if plan for turnover

"interesting"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work, moving HQ

Cons

Turnover, management, no room for growth

"Burn out city"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, happy hour and coworkers.

Cons

Management. Mid level management in the company lacks true leadership. Since the salary is very competitive they tend to draw in other leading IT companies B players with no true leadership experience. Product still has some major back end flaws that would take years to fix and for that there is an endless line for help needed in support. If this is your only job offer, go for it. If you have industry experience, you're better off looking for something more professional.

Advice to Management

Get better? You're only as strong as your weakest link guys. Also tenure and knowing the company product doesn't always translate into a good manager.a

"If you're looking for growth, you'll find it here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Smart, dedicated, hard-working, fun people who are focused on building a new pillar tech company.
    - The company is growing at 100% YOY, which opens up massive opportunity across the business to take on new challenges and new roles.
    - There is literally never a dull moment at Fuze.

Cons

- Growth has consequences, and the company must now focus on smoothing out the customer experience, which can be lumpy.

Advice to Management

The exec team that Steve Kokinos (CEO) has been building out is world class and can take the company to the next level. The rest of the company is now looking to this team to help us all focus on what matters, and keep us from the distractions and competing priorities that come with so many choices in a hot market.

Fuze Response

Feb 24, 2017 – Director

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the exciting time we're having at Fuze. You got it right that we're growing fast which can sometimes be a little challenging. As you've noted, the executive ... More

"Rocky Road"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Force Management

High Base Salary

Cons

High turnover throughout company. Linkedin reduction in force high (check LI headcount reduction stat)

Factors that led to my departure from sales org: saturated market, commissions not competitive, continuous downsizing in sales org, my team went from 7 to 3 people.

This startup has gone through financial and structural changes that are publicly concerning i.e. subleasing space to Wayfair...news article publicly available

Advice to Management

Stop reducing salesforce, invest in retaining good employees not disposing of them

Fuze Response

Apr 24, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your experience. We're focusing on making the best decisions to help continue pushing the company forward. We've been growing year over year and we always make efforts to develop ... More

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You will not find another company that will invest as much as Fuze does on training the sales team
    - Upward mobility (if you're deserving)
    - One of the largest markets to chase after
    - A product that is forcing industry giants to follow suit
    - An executive team with the know how to bring Fuze public

Cons

High growth companies are not the easiest to work for, you must be willing to adapt at a moments notice. If you are looking for a cookie cutter job, this isn't it.

Advice to Management

Keep on the current path, it is working.

"A sinking vessel needs no navigation."

Current Employee - BDR in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Fuze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales enablement and training is world-class.

Cons

I've been a part of a team where 3 managers resigned (unwillingly), commission gets botched or paid late (pretty much every quarter since I've been here), and told a career ladder exists. There's only so much koolaid one can drink before you're numb to it. There is no path to promotion, no transparency, and empty promises. The worst part is my first year was fantastic - great coworkers, great environment, and great leadership. Truly a waste of all the young talent on the team when $$$ mean more than leadership.

Advice to Management

Don't fire managers who actually coach, advocate, and instill knowledge and camaraderie on the sales floor.