GHD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.7

People Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screening. Was told I would be scheduled for an in-person interview. Recruiter did not have the courtesy to return my calls or emails after weeks of hearing nothing. I would wait a few weeks, and still nothing. 2 months later, I got a rejection letter. 2 months! Terrible recruiting practice from a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist. The recruiter is the face of a company, and this one makes GHD look horrible.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GHD (New York, NY).

Interview

Very direct to the point. Encourages growth in the company while stating the challenges associated with the vacancy. Non-conventional interview processes. HR recruitment was very accommodating, as they allowed me to freely schedule my preferred interview date and time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call within a week. After a brief phone interview I had an in office interview. Pretty laid back and easy to feel comfortable. A week later they called me back in for a second interview. A week later they emailed me and wanted to extend an offer. The offer took over 2 weeks to receive so be patient.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like tell me about a time when you had to improvise etc.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

Spoke with two principals from different offices in the region. Very laid back, asked me about myself, my background, thoughts on the what the position would entail. Three other senior level employees from the office came in to ask questions as well. Then a short written portion.

Safety Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through a phone screening and then a week later had an in office interview with the manager. Another candidate was better suited for what they were looking for. They let me know within a few days. They were very professional and the whole process went well.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GHD (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Long-distance phone call that lasted more than 30 minutes, perhaps longer than that, maybe 40, 50, 60, or perhaps 90 minutes. I did not time the call. Got an offer by mail, in a letter, on paper, with printed letterhead. Politely worded, with some legalese, and specifics regarding the terms of my employment, and start date, and place of employment, and administrative supervisor.

Interview Questions

• They ask me my name and where did I work.   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GHD in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by RH in less than 2 weeks. I had first a telephone interview with HR. Two weeks later I had the interview with a Manager and a Senior Engineer.

Building Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview wit talent agent, supervisor, and then corporate. The process was pretty standard, but it took longer than I had hoped. I applied online, spoke with talent agent, met with supervisor, and then the final interview was with upper management.

Environmental Project Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GHD.

Interview

First apply online at company website (or any career website that submits your interest) and an HR representative may email you (received email within 12 hours of applying online) to schedule a phone interview. Responses from the phone interview and application package will be sent to Hiring Manager. If you pass the first round interview, you'll be invited to an in-person interview at the company office. Following the in-person interview, you may be chosen and contacted within a month. Salary negotiations proceed afterward. Currently in interview process.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions were asked. Technical questions included the interviewer listing off different aspects/duties of the position and for you to list your experience.   1 Answer

Environmental Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GHD (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an in-person second interview. Very easygoing and not too high pressure. They very very receptive to my skill set and experience. I would say don't stress too much about your first or second interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just questions about my resume and previous jobs/experince   Answer Question