Gables Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gables Residential Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gables Residential (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with both the property manager and assistant on the same day. The interview lasted about an hour. Both the property manager and assistant were professional. In property management, you have to look the part and maintain a professional demeanor. I made sure to research the company before going to my interview, which actually helped me get hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• What skills I possess that will help me with my job responsibilities as a leasing professional.   Answer Question

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I cannot believe the lack of professionalism. I drove to not one but three interviews. In which the first I was told that I was wanted. I lost money and time going to the interviews to still not get a job offer! Also, it might be decent if the interviewer who probably was the reason I didn't get the job would have shown up on time. My third interviewer was thirty minutes late and I almost left! Then when she arrived she decided to gossip with her employees! My third interviewer changed the interview time last minute and still showed up late. Then began to ask personal questions and act very unprofessional. Gables has some issues for sure and it starts with the management!

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have time for a job like this?   Answer Question
    • Are you sure your personal life won't hurt your work ethic?   1 Answer

Gables Residential Response

May 11, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Hello,
    We are very sorry to hear that you had what we would certainly view as a less than satisfactory interview experience with Gables. The description you provided above is not how we would... More

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat down with my current manager and it went very well but from the time of the interview to my hire date was about a month. It was nice and the manager seemed to really care.

Interview Questions

• they asked questions about how well I work with others, if I have ever been into sells and my back ground and what I did before this job   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gables Residential (New York, NY).

Interview

It was good,it was surprising for them I speak 3 languages and they asked if I have experience for leasing or sealing,If I speak more languages ,and haw I heard about them

Interview Questions

• Haw many years of experience   1 Answer

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Farmers Branch, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone interview and then with a panel of 6 different people. All asked similar questions regarding experience. The worst part was after the interview. I sent a thank you email immediately afterwards and then a few weeks later, a follow up email. I did not receive a response whatsoever. I would have appreciated a letter saying they went a different direction but there was no communication at all. Not a good reflection on the department.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your previous experience contributes to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by management in Dallas on June 20th. By June 24th, I had the job. They were candid with me and I with them. This was key and is key for any interview. I told them my vices and virtues. Makes the growing process post-hire much smoother.

Interview Questions

• I decline to answer for private reasons to the company.   1 Answer

Grounds Keeper Interview

Interview

You will meet manager and supervisor at a scheduled time and talk about the company and their mission. you will get to know each other personally yet comfortably and talk about the the position and what you will be doing if hired. You will talk about your experience and why you are interested in the company.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gables Residential.

Interview

It was very fast and easy. I think that they know what they want and like and will be very upfront about letting you know if it's a fit. They are good about getting back to you to make sure you in the loop about the entire process. I like that the property manger had a great and welcoming attitude. I didn't feel any pressure and I was comfortable.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I know what a great company Gables is to work for so I was nervous. However, as soon as the RM smiled and shook my hand, I felt instantly comfortable. It was easy industry questions. 2 thumbs up!

Interview Questions

• Tell them about my experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gables Residential (Houston, TX).

Interview

I met with the assistant manager first, and answered some standard questions about experience and what I was looking for in a job, and what they were looking for in an employee. We also discussed benefits of the position. After meeting with her I was then asked to come back and meet with the property manager, which went very well also, and I answered similar questions, and some additional scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you juggle doing your own work, plus helping both managers with additional work that they may not be able to get done themselves.   1 Answer