Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Genesis HealthCare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2018

2.3

Human Resource Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

Was invited to come in and speak to director of the center. Very nice lady, tenured employee. A human resource manager from another center also in on the interview. Briefly described the position. Next was speaking to the regional human resource manager. Very nice conversation.

Declined position due to very poor benefits. No 401k match, no educational assistance, high deductibles, limited vacation time, must be available some weekends.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Frederick, MD).

Interview

Conversational. Asked questions about experience, salary expectations and work expectations. Toured the facility which was a transitional care unit on one side and long term care on other side. Met other staff. Pretty friendly all around. The facility was newer and clean. The patients looked decently happy.

Interview Questions

• Elaboration on prior experience and what was best attribute.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Interview

Interview was with the director of nursing, she asked about my long term care experince and how genesis would be willing to train and orient me for the better, interview included almost orientation on what genesis is and what the benefits are of working in this long term care facility

Interview Questions

• Warm and friendly, more of why genesis is a good place to work at   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

The interview process was riourous but fair. They asked questions regarding medication administration, current practices recommended by the joint commission, and gave scenarios. The director of nursing as well as as unit managers conducted the interview.

Interview Questions

• Proper medicine administration procedures and priority scenarios were asked.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Agawam, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Agawam, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email about 1 week after submitting my application online. Then when we met and I was given more details about the position and was then asked if it was something that I would be interested in.

Interview Questions

• There isn't one question that stands out particularly. The interview was primarily about having me understand the duties of the position.   1 Answer

GNA - Geriatric Nurse Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Salisbury, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Fast and efficient process. Entire interview and briefing took less than an 45 mins. Was offered the job on the spot! HR personnel and nurse that interviewed me were nice and professional. Pay is lower than expected but it's still better than nothing!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare in September 2017.

Interview

Call from Genesis recruiter, screening call from Director of Rehab at facility with general questions and information about the facility, interview with Director of Rehab, including questions from other employees

Interview Questions

• Are you able to be flexible on the job and how do you handle unexpected situations?   Answer Question

Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Burlington, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of Nursing. She started with skimming my resume. Asked some questions, then left the room to pull two recent hires and nurse graduates in and left me with them to ask them any questions. Afterwards she pulled in the Nurse Educator in for me to meet with-while I was speaking she saw someone in the hall and got up (while I was answering a question she asked).

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare (Burlington, VT) in August 2017.

Interview

Horrible. Never even made it to the interview itself. Arrived early and checked in. Was told it would only be a couple minutes wait. Waited for 20 minutes with nothing before checking in with the receptionist again. Again I was told it would only be a couple minutes. Waited another 25 minutes. At no point did anyone check on me or let me know my interviewer was running late. After 45-50 minutes of waiting with no information I got so fed up I left. No interest in working for a company that treats their potential employees so poorly.

OTA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genesis HealthCare.

Interview

How do you deal with stress specially when you get angry. it takes one week to get all the paperwork done and get hired. It is a great company to work for. Transfer process is easy.