Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

basic interview questions were asked. Ended with asking if I had any questions or what I knew about Genworth. Need to know info about the company, have questions prepared. Mostly all experiential based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work place situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a relaxed interview focused on risk evaluation of the company. The interview was focused to see if the individual was a good fit for the company. There were four panel members in the interview process.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (San Rafael, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel of 3 supervisors, discussed previous work history and expectations of this position. Gave a brief history of my education and other jobs I'd held. Managers discussed their work environment, hours I'd be working and introduced me to other employees. I also sit in and listened to calls and the was familiarized with the claims process.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with insurance claims previously?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the position after the interview.

Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Resume screened at recruiting event, submitted application, phone interview, panel in-person interview, offer, negotiated salary, accepted. The recruiting event was the most essential to getting the role, though what the recruiter and actual hiring manager were looking for were very different. Recruiter seemed to want a board, nice quality resume showing relevant skills and experience (with GPA). The hiring manager only seemed to care if I was a decent person to work with, and had the skills to do the job. They were very willing to train where needed.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

About a week after submitting my application online I was contacted in order to set up a time for a phone screen interview, which lasted about thirty minutes and involved being asked several behavioral questions. After the phone screening I was scheduled for an in-person interview for the next week in which I met with my manager and the director of the department I would be interning in. This step of the process only involved them asking me a few very simple questions and was more of me receiving information about what I would be doing after the internship. After this interview a background check and drug test were conducted before an offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you were faced with solving a conflict in a different way than you typically do   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted the following week for a phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an onsite interview. Both phone interviews were about half an hour, and the onsite interview consisted of four consecutive interviews with various people over the course of three hours. Entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, with a handful of basic problem solving questions during the onsite interview.   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

I was hired through Techead. I had a work history with them and a good rapport with my recruiter. He was able to land this job with only one phone interview. I was interviewed on a Friday and started the following monday.

This role was new and the job description very loose.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't surprised by the questions, they all revolved around the CMS and how comfortable I was working in an Agile environment. I was more surprised that the entire group was involved in the initial interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was handled by my recruiter.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of multiple phone calls with the manager and technical interviewer. Then I was brought in and given a chance to meet the manager and VP of the department. I was referred by an employee, so I got the impression the process was fast-tracked, however.

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the phone interview process where the recruiter asked multiple technical questions. Be prepared for technical interview for the first phone screen interview. This was just phone interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is difference between router and switches?   Answer Question

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied at a job fair at my school and got a call from them a few weeks afterward asking if I'd like to do a quick phone interview. I agreed and set it up. I'm a sophomore, for an idea of where I'm at.

The first phone interview was very easy. They were all behavioral questions with one very general technical one, likely just to do some basic screening.

After that, they called me telling me they'd like for me to come down to Richmond and do an on-site interview. The put me up in a pretty nice hotel right near their headquarters. The on-site interview was a series of three 1:1 interviews. They asked quite a few behavioral questions with a few somewhat general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you took a risk to implement something you believed in.   1 Answer
    • What's so great about Object Oriented Design?   Answer Question
    • Describe the difference between the compilation process of a C++ program, and that of a Java program.   Answer Question

Location wasn't what I wanted - I wanted to travel a little further away. I also felt I could do a little better with the salary.