Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was one of the best that I have had in a while. First they send you 10 questions that you have to answer then they do a phone interview that didn't take but 20 minutes then I had a face interview with two of the hiring managers and they were awesome. They I got an offer and I accepted. And I am so excited to work for them..

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an out of city recruiter for a telephone interview, which is feasible. A questionnaire was also required, of which, is an excellent idea. However, the recruiter called me twice to convey to me that I was not chosen, which conveys to me, a lack of professionalism and organizational skills.

Interview Questions

• How to handle irate customers, challenging situations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I only made it to the phone screening part of the interview. I was told that the next steps were to go on-site for a more technical interview. This was after I applied several months before, so I was surprised to be contacted.

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Through telephone with a HR member. Just walking through your resume and sharing about your background. Really friendly interview experience with HR. Do not be afraid of talking more about yourself during the interview.

IT Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genworth in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in December and they contacted in March for an interview. It was my very first interview so I was scared a bit. The first interview was 30 min with 15 min HR interview and 15 min Tech interview.

Interview Questions

• what is difference between switch and router?   Answer Question
    • which softwares are more secure?(open source or blah blah)   Answer Question
    • what is object oriented language means?   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between C++ and JAVA?   Answer Question
    • what are the OSI layers?   Answer Question
    • how did you sale your idea to your team?   Answer Question
    • tell me little but about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is your concentration of your study and would be working in company for?(have gen knowledge about it) I choose networking and the questions above were asked)   Answer Question

IT Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was the phone interview process where the recruiter asked multiple technical questions. Be prepared for technical interview for the first phone screen interview. This was just phone interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is difference between router and switches?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after visiting the Genworth booth at my college's career fair. Got a call a few days later to set up an initial phone screening. At the end of the phone screening I was invited to come to the Richmond office for an in person interview. They set me up in a hotel right across the street from the office. The interview was comprised of two 30 minute interviews which consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. Got an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I knew about the company and their recent business dealings.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The interview process was simple spoke with Manager who I would report to. I applied for the position with the Workday application which the company uses which was very simple and did not ask a bunch of questions. This was a promotion opportunity. Heads up if applying in-house then no matter how many people interview you, its comes down the the hiring managers decision only.

Actuarial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

While I did not get an offer for what I am sure are valid and legitimate reasons, I still felt that aspects of this interview process were not professional. There were 3 separate interviews that consisted of pairs of interviewers.
    -One interviewer of the 6 was not present
    -One interviewer talked poorly of the actuarial profession and his experience, which was something that I as an actuarial student needed to hear, but probably not during an interview
    -Another interviewer was on their phone for a good chunk of time,
     -Another interviewer had to conduct the beginning of the interview on their own while
    waiting for the second interviewer to arrive and was clearly uncomfortable conducting it on his own, as he did not ask good questions nor really listen to my answers
    Overall, the interview process as a whole left me seeing Genworth Financial in a negative light. They said they would get back to me in a single week, but they did not and at 2 weeks
    I had to call to find out their decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a difficult concept to a non-specialist?   Answer Question