Genworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

National Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Acworth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Genworth (Acworth, GA).

Interview

Multi level phone interview with the recruiter and the Chief Appraiser. Asked appraisal questions, i.e. USPAP, Appraisal Process, review process, etc...The last interview was with both persons on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How does USPAP dictate measuring a house?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online after a week they requested a face to face interview. I thought the interview went very well intact I felt really good about my chances of being hired as I have a lot of experience in insurance and customer service. However I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth.

Interview

It was a phone interview where we went over my resume and my interests. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes, I was asked what I knew about the company and ended with any questions I had.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was one of the best that I have had in a while. First they send you 10 questions that you have to answer then they do a phone interview that didn't take but 20 minutes then I had a face interview with two of the hiring managers and they were awesome. They I got an offer and I accepted. And I am so excited to work for them..

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Welcome! We are very happy to have you as part of the Genworth family. Thank you for sharing your interview experience with others.

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Standard phone, and then in person interviews. Background check, credit check, and drug screen after a contingent offer. The interviewers we're very friendly and it put me at ease. My recruiter was also quick and responsive.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the interview process here at Genworth. We are happy to have you as part of the Genworth family.

Senior Compliance Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April 2017. I was contacted by the compliance recruiter within a week. The next week, he called me for a phone screen. Two days later I had a second round phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was very friendly and direct; which I appreciated. The only thing he asked me was what I knew about the company. As a current compliance analyst, my job is to research so I researched everything I could about Genworth and answered his question with ease. I spoke about the current acquisition in progress, the dozen regulatory agencies in the US and China that need to approve the deal, the background on China Oceanwide, the current ratings of the company, the services, target customers, etc. I think that he was impressed. The phone screen was about 20 minutes long. About a week later, I was contacted by the compliance recruiter saying that I had made it to the final round. The final round was scheduled May 24th- two days before my birthday. It was a rotating interview. The first group was a three person panel. They were extremely friendly and seemed like great people to work with. The second round was two women that were also friendly and interested in what I had to say. The third round was with the hiring manager's boss. I would have to say that out of the 25+ interviews I've had in my life, I was most blown away by him. He was dynamic, drew on my resume, and asked me direct questions such as "What motivates you?" and "Why do you like compliance?" and "Why aren't you getting your J.D.?". I enjoyed this approach. Everything he was saying about the potential for this role, how he wants it to evolve over time, and how he wants me to hand it back completely different... It really solidified that this role was the perfect role for me, my talents, skills, wants, and future. The last round was with the hiring manager himself. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to speak at this round. After he finished talking, I only had four minutes to sum up why I was the best fit. All in all, after the interview, I felt great. I was told that that they were impressed with me, that I had great energy, that I was the most organized interviewee that they had ever had, etc. I left feeling great. After the interview, I sent my thank you emails and waited. The recruiter said I would know something within a week. My birthday came and went and so did the next week. I followed up with the recruiter and didn't get a response for four days. On the fourth day, he told me I'd hear something by the end of the week. I didn't receive any update. Three weeks went by and I finally got the rejection call on 6/14/17. I was told that while the panel was impressed with me, they decided to have other interviews after the day the finalists came in (5/24/17). The call was just to say that they "went with another candidate". At this point, I was prepared for the call and I asked for individual feedback. I was told that there wasn't any feedback and that they just went with someone else. I respect their decision and wish the lucky person who got the job tremendous success and happiness, but I would still like some feedback. I feel like I nailed the interview, have direct experience, what wasn't I seeing?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Genworth?
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulty with a coworker?
      Tell me about a time when you changed a process?
      Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking?
      Tell me about a time when you made a decision that wasn't favorable?
      Tell me about a time when you managed people?
      What motivates you?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What will you contribute to the compliance team?
      Tell me three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an out of city recruiter for a telephone interview, which is feasible. A questionnaire was also required, of which, is an excellent idea. However, the recruiter called me twice to convey to me that I was not chosen, which conveys to me, a lack of professionalism and organizational skills.

Interview Questions

• How to handle irate customers, challenging situations, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Genworth (Richmond, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I only made it to the phone screening part of the interview. I was told that the next steps were to go on-site for a more technical interview. This was after I applied several months before, so I was surprised to be contacted.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Oct 9, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genworth (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

First, you will go though first round of phone call, if you passed then you will meet the managers. I applied in February and only got the phone call probably around April. For folks, who applied early and didn't get any call dont give up probably they just have not started reviewing the applications yet.

Interview Questions

• What subject you least like?Tell me about yourself, tell me about the projects that you worked on   Answer Question

IT Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Genworth in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in December and they contacted in March for an interview. It was my very first interview so I was scared a bit. The first interview was 30 min with 15 min HR interview and 15 min Tech interview.

Interview Questions

• what is difference between switch and router?   Answer Question
    • which softwares are more secure?(open source or blah blah)   Answer Question
    • what is object oriented language means?   Answer Question
    • what is the difference between C++ and JAVA?   Answer Question
    • what are the OSI layers?   Answer Question
    • how did you sale your idea to your team?   Answer Question
    • tell me little but about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is your concentration of your study and would be working in company for?(have gen knowledge about it) I choose networking and the questions above were asked)   Answer Question

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genworth (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Through telephone with a HR member. Just walking through your resume and sharing about your background. Really friendly interview experience with HR. Do not be afraid of talking more about yourself during the interview.

Interview Questions

Genworth Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to see the interview process was a positive experience and hope you will keep Genworth in mind if you see a job of interest to you... More