Giant Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.6

Sort:

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havertown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food (Havertown, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process didn't take long she was very nice. This was my first interview and I was pretty nervous but she told me to take deep breaths. Overall she liked me and I got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food.

Interview

Went in the store and waited about 30 minutes. Went upstairs to a seperate room where the interview took place. Filled in and printed a form asking if I had any former criminal record and printed it. Then asked me one question then went over store policies.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

About thirty minutes, however, it all depends on how much time the person conducting the interview has. You will be asked a couple of questions and, hopefully, you will get a call back.

Interview Questions

• will you be willing to work in any department?   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Giant Food in December 2013.

Interview

Short and simple. Asked where my experience lied and when I was ready to start work. Described what job was chosen for me and told me when I would start.

Interview Questions

• When are you ready to start?   1 Answer

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Royersford, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food (Royersford, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

No questions in particular, just the basic info about myself and what hours i'd be able to work.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Giant Food (Wilmington, DE) in May 2017.

Interview

Mostly was asked about myself, my flexibility in scheduling, and ability to deal with customers. It lasted over an hour, the majority of this time was describing what the position would entail.

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food (Upper Marlboro, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

It was fairly simple/laid-back. The hiring manager mainly asked about availability and reviewed the application and since I’m only working the summer when would I be leaving the company.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food in May 2016.

Interview

I applied around May 20th and was called in for an interview about 1-2 days later. The interview was informal and in the store I was applying for. My potential manager was the person who interviewed me and I was offered the job on the spot and given all the paperwork to complete before starting work a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food (Reston, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very informal. It was simply a casual conversation describing the rules of the company as well as expectations. I was obviously over qualified for this job and it was only going to be temporary.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

It took about a week and a half to two weeks to get a response after I applied online. It was for a different store than I applied to, but it was still local. My first interview went well and the woman said she would call probably that day, but never did. I got a call later in the week from the store I originally applied to and set up an interview for a few days later. They were interviewing several people that day. The man who interviewed me was nice and funny, and he tried to get to know me by asking about my interests. He then went straight into telling me about the company and how things work. He didn't ask any of those cliche interview questions, like the woman at the other store I interviewed at did. All he asked was if it seemed like a job I'd be interested in and when I could start.