Giant Food Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Giant Food Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food (Fairfax, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very easy and friendly. Current Hiring Manager is a really nice guy who helped me through the process and gave me helpful insight on everything at the store. He has been doing it a long time so he didn't sugar coat or dull anything. Perfect amount of professionalism and courtesy!

Interview Questions

• What is your availability, do you have any previous experience relating to this position you applied for, why did you choose Giant/this location.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Giant Food (Falls Church, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very simple they called me for interview Just one day after Feeling application online And set up a day for interview was asked me my information and experienceThat's it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lusby, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Giant Food (Lusby, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a local hiring event near the Giant store in Lusby that was from 8am to 4pm. Ahead of me were a couple of applicants at the time, and I had to wait for an hour until I was called in. The interview process was about 15-20 minutes, which wasn't too bad. The major problem was that there wasn't enough staff to conduct more interviews for everyone else that had applied to Giant online, including me.
    Previously, I had applied to them multiple times to find employment with them for 3-4 years, called them back multiple times (which felt like pulling teeth out rather than helping you out), and they still refused to attempt to try to help me out. It shouldn't have to take you years to apply for working at Giant. I can understand maybe a couple of days or weeks for new recruitment, but not years. Only one employee was able to help me, but everyone else just didn't seem to want to try at all. I would recommend applying somewhere else other than applying to this Giant to apply instead. This Giant is just awful at helping anyone find work or give any work at all.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Giant Food (Vienna, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application, and about a week later got a call and the lady made sure I would be able to do the job, and scheduled an interview. When I went into the store for it the interviewer told me what i would have to do and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Just questions asking me if I was able to do the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Giant Food (West Chester, PA).

Interview

I filled out the online application and attached my resume. It didn't take too long and the process was not complicated. I was contacted to come in for an interview a few days later which was quick. They asked basic questions about previous experience and behavioural questions such as my biggest weakness, strengths etc.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths? What are your biggest weaknesses? How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Food Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gambrills, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Giant Food (Gambrills, MD).

Interview

Lame. But the managers are very lazy in calling people to get interviews started. Managers once again will ask a part time cashier to set everything up cause dept managers need to go and eat (again). They act like you are running for congress but in truth this company is hurting to hire and keep employees....anyone can get a job.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work. What shifts. Do you like to be screwed in the @$$ with a barbed wire baseball bat. If you are special needs they will ask what your favorite color is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiations. They hire at minimum wage

Cashier Interview

Interview

very easy and laid back, seemed like it was just a formality, as if i already had the job before coming in to the interview. Being nice and presentable is really the key here

Grocery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Giant Food (Ellicott City, MD).

Interview

It was fair and polite. I enjoy working and achieve my goals. Love to meat other people. Enjoy the life that I can grow in with the company. Having a good attitude with other people and the customer.

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jessup, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Giant Food (Jessup, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy. applied online and got a call back in 3 days, went in for the group interview, got a quick job description and took a tour of the warehouse. after that we were pulled individually for 1 on 1 interviews which were very easy. once we agreed with the job took the salivia drug test and was called to return for orientation.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Giant Food in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy.I went in on a friday. We went over my application and availability. he only asked me one question do i have experience as a cashier. then he asked me to come in the next morning to sign my new hire papers. and i started that Monday.