Givaudan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Givaudan Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

I applied online with a cold application. Heard back 10 days after applying with a phone call from HR. The entire process took 2 months. I interviewed at Givaudan's Mount Olive facility in NJ.

Interview (4 rounds)
    I first had a phone screen with HR on my cultural and qualification fit. Basic questions on my goals, my degree and some skill based questions. Next round was with the hiring manager which was over the phone and lasted 45 mins. The entire interview was situation questions with one or two questions about assessing your knowledge in manufacturing. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment.

From there I was invited to Mount Olive for their third & final round of interviews. The third round consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. All of these employees are in some way related to your job and are senior managers with atleast 20+ years of experience at the company. They were all very friendly, kind and professional. They were interested in learning about all of the details about the projects I did to understand how I approach a problem and solve it, my skillset and personality. Also my use of lean six sigma tools in manufacturing environment.

The final part of the process is the case Study. At this stage I was one of two final candidates vying for the position. I had to make a presentation on how I would approach solving a problem with one of their machines from a high level perspective, implementation and the expected result. I got to interact a lot with the senior managers during this presentation.

Overall, it was a positive albeit long interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you increase the first pass yield of a machine and implement a plan to generate your expected results?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Interview

Not a great experience for me, slow response from hiring team. Process was fast in the beginning but very slow later with no response of steps further were very slow

Interview Questions

• why you choose your stream?   1 Answer

Compounder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Interview

Phone interview only 2 days after I submitted my resume but a month later they never called back to offer or decline. It would be nice if they just let me know that it's a no instead of me waiting and getting my hopes up because I worked very hard on my responses and they seemed to not even be interested.

Applications Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very short. I met with a lab supervisor and a lab manager. Both seemed rather uninterested as if they had made a decision on another candidate already and was just extending a courtesy by interviewing me. I received a tour of the lab, which was beautiful. Wish the process had turned out differently because i was very enthusiastic about the opening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what were your strengths, explained the position and asked how my previous experience could relate.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with four different people. The first two were research managers, then I spoke with a woman from HR, then finally, a research scientist who would have been my supervisor. Then, they gave me a tour of the lab where I would have worked

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions relating to flavor work, Asked about my experience with other food industry companies, working with customers. Everyone on the R&D Team asked very technical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Very straightforward - an attempt to learn more about my background and interests. Connected with my potential supervisor over the phone and talked about my major, what my passions/interests were and what interested me most about Givaudan.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviews are with multiple senior managers and primarily focus on behavioral and situational questions, that aim to predict how successful you will be in the role. The final round will include an onsite visit to the office to speak with the folks you will be working with and under. Personality and passion are two huge factors that are included in what they are looking for in a knowledgable candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.e to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

OLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

I first had an interview on campus, which was pretty basic. It was done with 2 individuals from Operations. The entire interview was situation questions "Tell me about a time when you..." with no real curveballs. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment.

From there I was invited to East Hanover for their second & final round of interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. The people were all very friendly, kind and professional. Only one difficult interview questions highlighted below. Most of the interviews were just going over your resume/experiences and accomplishments. You also have time to ask the interviewers any questions you want.

The most difficult part of the process is the Case Study. They put us in teams of 3 and gave us about 80 minutes to work through a solution to a complex problem and make a presentation about it. Ours was something along the lines of: The company is switching over its computer system - step by step describe the plan to implement this and all its effects. We presented later in the day and got essentially grilled - but it was not as bad as it could have been. I certainly learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to compromise your moral or ethical values to reach an end goal."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, upper management in development team, and hr. Very slow response

Interview Questions

• Give an example of previous project from beginning to end   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carthage, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Givaudan (Carthage, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

i had one interview with company i started as a temporary thru an agency i was a temp for a year and after hard work and no benefits i finally got hired on i was happy because i have a family to take care and now that i have esperience in the field im ready to move on and recieve better pay for my hard work and dedication