Givaudan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Givaudan Interview Questions

Interviews at Givaudan

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

I applied online with a cold application. Heard back 10 days after applying with a phone call from HR. The entire process took 2 months. I interviewed at Givaudan's Mount Olive facility in NJ.

Interview (4 rounds)
    I first had a phone screen with HR on my cultural and qualification fit. Basic questions on my goals, my degree and some skill based questions. Next round was with the hiring manager which was over the phone and lasted 45 mins. The entire interview was situation questions with one or two questions about assessing your knowledge in manufacturing. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment.

From there I was invited to Mount Olive for their third & final round of interviews. The third round consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. All of these employees are in some way related to your job and are senior managers with atleast 20+ years of experience at the company. They were all very friendly, kind and professional. They were interested in learning about all of the details about the projects I did to understand how I approach a problem and solve it, my skillset and personality. Also my use of lean six sigma tools in manufacturing environment.

The final part of the process is the case Study. At this stage I was one of two final candidates vying for the position. I had to make a presentation on how I would approach solving a problem with one of their machines from a high level perspective, implementation and the expected result. I got to interact a lot with the senior managers during this presentation.

Overall, it was a positive albeit long interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you increase the first pass yield of a machine and implement a plan to generate your expected results?   Answer Question

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Loose, not well organized or disciplined

Interview Questions

• What will you do in your first 8 weeks/   2 Answers

Negotiation

conducted with recruiter. was fair.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

After a few emails, two phone interviews were followed by a ~6 hour on-site interview. Process from email to job offer took about one month.

The interviews tended to be free-flowing and did not follow a rigid structure or set of questions/kind of questions. Technical background is required for the position but questions focused on time management skills, project management skills, interpersonal skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly to gauge interpersonal skills and fit within the group and company.   Answer Question

OLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ).

Interview

I first had an interview on campus, which was pretty basic. It was done with 2 individuals from Operations. The entire interview was situation questions "Tell me about a time when you..." with no real curveballs. They want you to show leadership ability, manufacturing experience, and most of all an ability to work in a team environment.

From there I was invited to East Hanover for their second & final round of interviews. The day consisted of 3 interviews with teams of 2 people. The people were all very friendly, kind and professional. Only one difficult interview questions highlighted below. Most of the interviews were just going over your resume/experiences and accomplishments. You also have time to ask the interviewers any questions you want.

The most difficult part of the process is the Case Study. They put us in teams of 3 and gave us about 80 minutes to work through a solution to a complex problem and make a presentation about it. Ours was something along the lines of: The company is switching over its computer system - step by step describe the plan to implement this and all its effects. We presented later in the day and got essentially grilled - but it was not as bad as it could have been. I certainly learned a lot from the process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had to compromise your moral or ethical values to reach an end goal."   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Givaudan (Mount Olive, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Ask questions about me and my experience. Didn’t get personal. Questions related to the job. Asked for your opinion on what quality means to you. Overall quick and easy interview no pressure what’s so ever, also really quick

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The entire process took about 3 weeks. I was later contacted by the recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The call lasted for about 35 minutes which started with a brief company review. The interviewer asked about my background before moving on to explain the work which I will be doing on this job. I was mainly asked about my research work during my MS and questions on equipments which I will be using in the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

Very straightforward - an attempt to learn more about my background and interests. Connected with my potential supervisor over the phone and talked about my major, what my passions/interests were and what interested me most about Givaudan.

Applications Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Givaudan in January 2018.

Interview

They basically knew they were going with an internal candidate the entire time but were just going through the motions.. Wish I didn't waste the time off from work and the money going to the city. External candidates rarely have a chance at companies like this no matter how relevant your experience is or how well the interview went.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Place seemed welcoming enough. I went for an interview at their Manhattan office and was seen by two managers. Was asked about my background, my interest in fragrances, and the first interviewer tested my math skills (percentage and proportions problems). I left with a positive impression but I guess not enough of one since I wasn't contacted. Can't be mad though, that's just business.

Scientist Interview

Interview

Not a great experience for me, slow response from hiring team. Process was fast in the beginning but very slow later with no response of steps further were very slow

Interview Questions

• why you choose your stream?   1 Answer

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was via telephone call. The questions were formulated to challenge your technical knowledge or expertise. If you pass the screening phone call then you are cited to a face to face interview with a panel comprise by managers & supervisors. If the panel want you then HR will contact you with the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was one related to a behavior based safety & time management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to negotiate directly with the head of operations.