Givaudan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Givaudan

3.1

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. Initial phone screen with HR, followed by another phone interview with hiring manager. If all goes well, they'll bring you on-site for several (maybe 4) interviews with different people you'd be interacting with regularly. I was also asked (last-minute) to prepare a presentation on a relevant topic of my choice, and then present to the people I had just spoken with individually.

Interview Questions

• What are some current trends in the industry that excite you?   Answer Question

Quality Control Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Florence, KY) in January 2020.

Interview

Sat in the Lab manager's office and he looked over my resume and asked me questions. Then we walked through the lab and did some food taste tests. The interview had regular questions with some situational questions about working the in lab and with others.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about a situation where you were on a time constraint but still had to complete an assignment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Givaudan.

Interview

One of the most intense interviews I had - expect a 1.5 day process between initial interviews and coming on -site. Givaudan only wants the best, so the interview will be difficult.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2019.

Interview

About two weeks after applying I was contacted via email to conduct a phone interview with a member of the marketing team. The phone interview went really well, and about a couple days - a week after I was invited to the Cincinnati office for a panel-style interview which lasted almost 3 hours. It was only scheduled to last for 2 hours but I didn’t mind because I thought it meant things were going well.

Prior to the in-person interviews I was tasked with a project where I had to research a particular trend and then provide an industry suggestion based on the trends. The final format of the presentation was to be your choice of some sort a digital media.

During the interview I presented this 2 or 3 times and each time, I was consistently getting nothing but positive feedback.

Near the end I spoke with a member of the HR department and at this time she’s asked me about compensation expectations. She explained to me that if i were hired I would receive a phone call as well as a letter in the mail and even told me about next steps of conducting a background check, a physical, and a drug screening. I thought the interview went really, really well (based on the feedback I was getting). She said I would hear back from them within a week.

About a day or two after the interview I sent and email thanking the team for meeting with me and so on. Following this email I was told I would hear back with a decision in about 2 weeks, an additional week later than I was originally told. I let the two weeks go by and I sent another follow email restating my interest in the position and politely requesting and updates on the decision process. I never got a response. About 2 weeks later I sent yet another email, essentially saying the same thing and still I never heard back.

It’s not been two months since I interviews and I’ve obviously taken the silence as a “you didn’t get the job”. I am disappointed that I didn’t get the job because I was so thrilled about the company and this position, and they also gave me sooooo much great feedback that they made it seem like I had really won the position (mind you they need to fill 3 spots of the same position so I thought I had really great odds). Unfortunately this was not the case and that’s okay. There’s always going to be some better, or more qualified.

I just wish I was valued enough to at least be sent a rejection email, phone call, letter, something! Had I received some notice that I did not get the position I would have asked questions to help me understand why, that way I can make necessary changes or adjustments if I ever decided to re-apply with the company or I could have used their feedback in my future endeavors.

I have to say that this felt really sloppy to me and it’s very unfortunate that they weren’t more attentive to things like this. It was incredibly rude and just really bad business. I’d love to say it was just a mistake and I was the one who slipped through the cracks but I sent multiple emails, none of which were responded to. I can’t help but to feel this was intentional and careless

Interview Questions

• Asked to prepare a presentation about a food trend that I was asked to identify.   1 Answer

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Friendly and to the point you meet with the team you will be working with and after you will meet with HR they take about 2 weeks to get back to you. Overall positive experience cw

Interview Questions

• Past experience in fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Interview

It was conducted by two people, one
    corporate, one warehouse guy. The warehouse guy was very cool. The corporate guy was a corporate guy. Made me wait 20 minutes before calling me in after stating the importance of me being early.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Quality Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Givaudan (East Hanover, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

Terrible. I was contacted by HR after a year. I was excited took a day off and went in for interview. The manager didn't even review my resume ahead of time. I applied for 1st shift, he thought I was going for second shift. One message for management in QC department doing instrument. Good that you have been with company for 15+ years but dont be ignorant and rude to not know about the position and candidate's profile. Everyones time is important just like yours.

Interview Questions

• Right now we are full staff, can you work second shift in future if we need you   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Givaudan (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview was conducted in their offices by the country manager. The interviewer was friendly and realistic. The second interview was conducted via phone by HR. Offer was made four months after first interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Applied online and managed to get an interview after two weeks of communicating through email. they offered the internship for 6 months but no offer was given.

Knowledge Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Givaudan (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

After a few emails, two phone interviews were followed by a ~6 hour on-site interview. Process from email to job offer took about one month.

The interviews tended to be free-flowing and did not follow a rigid structure or set of questions/kind of questions. Technical background is required for the position but questions focused on time management skills, project management skills, interpersonal skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly to gauge interpersonal skills and fit within the group and company.   Answer Question