GoDaddy Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

One technical phone screening with a hackerrank coding session, followed by 4 onsite interviews.
Overall the process was pretty straight forward and seemed legit.
What genuinely pissed me off was that someone from goDaddy contacted my current employer for references on me even before a decision was made on my candidacy. I had to talk with my manager about it. Luckily for me, I've got a good relationship with him. But goDaddy was one of my very first interviews and I am hoping the process of finding something new would take atleast 2-3 more months, so my current employee finding this out right now does create problems for me.
This was not professional. That said it is a company I'd hoped I worked for.

Interview Questions

• Questions on my previous projects. Basic algorithm questions based on Linkedlist and hashmap.
    Questions on Multithreading, design related questions.   1 Answer

GoDaddy Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our interviewing process. We do appreciate learning where we can improve and make for the best possible candidate experience. It's not our... More

Other Interview Reviews for GoDaddy

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Initial Phone Screening (30-60 minutes) - Pretty straightforward screening process, nothing overly technical.
    2. Onsite Interview (5 interviews, 1 hour each) - 1:1 interviews with various technical staff (engineers, managers, VP's).
    3. Received Offer

Total process was pretty fast (1-2 weeks),

Interview Questions

• 1. Various algorithm questions (Fizz-Buzz, Fibonacci sequence algorithim).
      2. Various career based questions.

Honestly, if you study your algorithims and data structures you should be fine.   Answer Question

GoDaddy Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Director of Corporate and Technical Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your interview experience here on Glassdoor. As described, this is the sort of experience we look to deliver for all of our applicants - whether or not an offer is... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

4-hour interview process with four members of the team. Specific technical questions, with some FizzBuzz and some high-order. They interviewed for technical and professional skills. Clearly, they just aren't looking for someone that is only good writing code. An important interest also in your analytical and performance methods.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

There is a primary phone screen followed by multiple panel interviews with management and senior developers. The phone screen is mainly around resume analysis, with some easier technical questions at the end. The on-site panel interviews dive deeper into your technical aptitude, as well as behavioral questions. They don't seem to care as much about educational credentials as they do your demonstrated ability to develop applications, and how quickly you adapt to change.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to whiteboard code! Even in the phone screen, you may be asked to whiteboard using a collaborative editor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

They had me take a pretty dumb IQ/intelligence test with a large number of questions and limited time. Then I was given a simple problem to solve. When I solved the problem in about 30 seconds the interviewer falsely accused me of already being acquainted it.

Interview Questions

• You have been given two pieces of flammable rope. The speed at which each individual rope can burn is inconsistent, but if you light the end with a match, the short rope will take 30 minutes to burn and the long rope takes an hour. How can you used the ropes to determine when 45 minutes have passed?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2010.

Interview

Group interview process involving team lead, another developer and development manager. Asked questions about my development skills in general, past projects, and why I wanted to join the team. I know from past experience that certain developers have a penchant for asking difficult 'riddle' style questions, but I didn't get asked any of these type of questions during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the best or most efficient way to use a list of the first 20 prime numbers in a program?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Almost nothing - it was an internal position doing the same thing for a different group. When applying for the same job, it seems like nothing is up for negotiation -- only the position itself.