GoDaddy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018

2.6

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2009.

Interview

Phone interview to start, asked alot of questions about examples of ow I handled different situations. How would you go about debugging a slow running sql query, describe a time when you failed at a project and how you handled it. That yielded an in person interview, with skills assessment and IQ test, followed by a panel interview with 4 technical managers and quizzed about every item on the skills assessment plus some whiteboard time - code a math function in php.

Interview Questions

• Web Services (how have you used them).   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Interview

They come to my school to hold a career fair. I submitted my resume to them. They first send me an on-line tests website with two programming questions. After that, they arrange a phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• Pair-wise multiply two arrays of integers. If they have different length, the shorter one needs to wrap around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

First I successfully passed phone screening. Then they invited me to on-site interview. It was flight from San Jose to Phoenix AZ. I passed interview with 5 people which took whole day. After several days they contacted me and said yet another 5 people want to talk to me! This is unusual, I need to take day off. And then this is psychological pressure every interview. Ok, I agreed to pass this time over the phone. After several days they contacted me and said yet another two people want to talk to me! I said this is very unusual and instead of one hour per person 45 minutes! We assigned time, but I only one person called. Then they disappeared. I asked my recruiter to clarify this ridiculous behavior I got the answer that I am definitely in process, but they have delay. 3 months.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. Interview itself passed very good. However some people were not as high specialists and asked very simple questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GoDaddy in October 2014.

Interview

Talked with an engineer at the fall career fair on campus and asked for an interview. Interviewed with a software engineer the next week at an office nearby. Heard back from a recruiter about a month later to set up follow up interviews. Had two more technical interviews with engineers via Skype. Heard back from the recruiter about a week after the last interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 3 main questions. The first was on front end web dev, manipulating HTML/CSS/JavaScript. The second was a graph search question. The third was implementing a datatype with efficient asymptotic runtime accesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to online. They asked me to join in an online competition which was scored based on timing, memory, and correctness of the solution. They pose a single problem to all which is given below. Still I am waiting to get further response from them. Since I didn't get the efficient solution on that, I am not expecting to hear positive response.

Interview Questions

• Q: You are given two arrays of size m and n. Find the common elements between those arrays.

Say, arr1 = {2, 5, 3} and arr2 = {5, 1, 2}. The common elements between those arrays are as follow:
      ans = {2, 5}   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

BEWARE!!It's a scam,like everyone mentioned it over here.They will send you a coding challenge which you will easily complete it in an hour or so, if you are from computer science major.After that they will not contact you even after sending several emails.

why did you send me a coding challenge and let me spend 2 hours on that?even if you have piles of resumes on your desk doesn't mean that you should practice this poor recruiting process.

I'll never apply to GoDaddy again and will keep on spreading, how you keep on fooling people by your poor recruitment procedure.

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Aug 3, 2016

I'm so sorry you feel that way. We are truly doing the best that we can with the massive application volume that we received over this past year, and we are taking steps to mitigate that in the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy in January 2016.

Interview

Received an email from recruiter to attempt a Hackerrank challenge which has 1 question with 60 minutes time limit. I finished it by end of week and since then, I did not hear back from the recruiter or anyone at GoDaddy despite my several emails.

Interview Questions

GoDaddy Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to apply with GoDaddy and to complete our coding assessment. It is always our intention to be respectful of your time and interest, and we apologize that you did not... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I apply it online, and then get the online assessment in two days. It's a code challenging test. I submitted my code without error, but I haven't here anything from this company. It has been three weeks, and still nothing. I think they should at least inform me whether I pass or not.

Interview Questions

• closest number
      input : len = 5; s = " 1, 2, 4, 5, 6"
      output: find the closest number pair, if have many, print all of these pair, use space to print.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy in March 2016.

Interview

first asked me about my background, I walked throught my resume, gave some detailed information about my interview and projects. After than, she gave me a coding question which is about web crawler. After finishing that, she asked me whether I have any quesiton, then finished.

Interview Questions

• first, asked about backgrdound
      second, gave a coding question: web crawler. Given a URL, return a map that stores all URL that can be accessed.   Answer Question

Dec 16, 2016 – Technical Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to apply and interview with us! Referrals are always appreciated, and we are truly grateful for the chance to consider you for employment. Thank you for giving... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

In Godaddy's kirkland office. 5 round onsite. First 3 rounds are smooth, but I've been kicked out right after 4th round, This interviewer is an idiot. He asked a relatively complex question trying to fool me, but unfortunately I did similar question before. My answer is complex but highly optimized and he refuse to understand.

I could feel projects in the Kirkland office are in baby swaddling. Interviewers are young and very new to Godaddy. And they have no experience and idea where their work is going to be. Feels no promising.

Interview Questions

• 2D matrix BFS. Can't believe the interviewer does not know how to use queue to do BFS.   3 Answers

Dec 16, 2016

Hi,

I wanted to first thank you for taking the time to interview with GoDaddy and for providing your feedback on your interviewer expereince. I apologize that your experience was not what you... More