GoDaddy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Interview Questions

Interviews at GoDaddy

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy in July 2019.

Interview

I arrived at the office location and checked in at the lobby ipad, which pinged my recruiter. She met me in the lobby and then took me on a brief tour of the office space. We then sat down and she went over some basic information about the job description before handing me a script and asking me to do a trial call following the script (it was no big deal- just called her number and she pretended to be the customer on the other end). After we finished with the mock phone call, we went to a smaller room to do the 1:1 interview. The questions that were asked made me think, but I wouldn't consider them difficult. I found that it was easy to answer all of them honestly and appropriately!

Interview Questions

• "What is one time that you messed up, and what did you do to make it right?"   2 Answers

Software Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

Interview process was pretty relevant to the role. Overall, I liked the process which is very professional.

Process:
    1. *Initial screening* was a HackerRank with 2 questions (LC easy to medium) . Time limit - 60 mins
    2. *Director - Telephonic Screening*: I am not sure if this is just because the hiring position is SE4 or in general telephonic screening is done by Director. But this round involved questions pertaining to work experience, domain knowledge and basic programming skills
    3. **Onsite**: It is long but very relevant to the role. I never found any interview unnecessary as each interview was focussed on checking some specific skill required for this role.
    > Round - 1 :
        Q1: LC Hard recursive problem related to String manipulation
        Q2: LC Medium Binary tree problem

> Round - 2 : Work Experience related questions + Behavioral + Domain specific questions

> Round - 3 :
        Q1: LC Hard
        Q2: LC Medium
        Q3: Multithreaded problem but we did not work on this problem as time did not allow

> Round - 4 : This was suppose to be a technical coding round but ended up as a discussion. Probably because interviewer might got a feedback from previous programming interviews. Interviewer was pretty experienced with vast domain experience. Drilled deep into my resume.

> Round - 5 : Typical System Design question like Design Instagram, Design Youtube etc.
    > Round - 6: Wrap Up with Director.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryland Heights, MO

Interview

Recruiter called me for 30 mins screen , hiring manager interview via zoom. Technical code pairing with senior engineer hackerrank , they have very worst hackerrank coding. Interviewer was not helpful. When you code in the editor, you cannot go back to the line you coded .. it was very worst and frustrating while coding.... , so I cannot debug my results back and forth.. which took me lot of time.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Austin, TX) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, about 20 mins. The scheduling took about a week. I was contacted by email to schedule interview. The initial phone interview is followed by a zoom interview, and then a skills challenge and panel interview. They asked for my portfolio.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiawatha, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Hiawatha, IA) in June 2020.

Interview

Telephone screening call with recruiter. Call lasted about 30 minutes - recruiter had several questions about my background and experience but could not answer my specific questions about the position. Recruiter gave good info about benefits. He asked about my salary requirements and about my availability. He was very clear about next steps and timelines.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in this specific position at GoDaddy   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Tempe, AZ) in April 2020.

Interview

I received an initial invite to have phone interview that stated it would last 20-30 mins long. I received my call at the exact time that was scheduled. She then asked me what do I think about Godaddy. I stated that I had previously worked there 5 years ago. After that her whole tone of voice attitude & demeanor changed. She said "our system should have caught that as soon as you applied." She then asked me several specific questions regarding my previous time working with them. At this point it felt more like an interrogation. After that she seemed completely disinterested in speaking with me. Abruptly got off the phone and hung up. Didn't say good bye or thank you for your time, nothing. It was one of the most unprofessional experiences I have had in any interview process.

Interview Questions

• Who was your former manager when you worked here?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

What Interview? Company has their HR Screening software determine if they want to talk to you or not. I applied at 7:00 AM and by 7:05 AM got the form letter saying no thanks. Unbelievable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

Very easy, no experience required. Very high turn over so looking for constant replacement. The recruiter had reached out to me. Interviewed a week later after a phone screen. I was offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

It was good. Got on the phone and actually practiced a call that will be used to make sales and further your career. This place seemed really laid back and down to earth, which is what I was looking for

Content Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter and talked to me about the role and said he wanted to pass my resume on to the head honcho; liked my resume, set up a phone screen. I talked to him for 30-40 minutes and encouraged me to fill out the online application. I filled out the online application, got an email regarding my interview. Had two 30 minute interviews asking standard interview questions and had an hour to complete an assessment of responding to a five-star, three-star, and one-star review, create social media content and edit a small paragraph. I felt a bit confident afterward since this is the type of stuff I learned while studying Journalism and Public Relations. I sent a thank you and didn't hear back from them until I emailed and asked and the same recruiter sent me an email saying I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What was a project you worked on that you were really proud of?   Answer Question

GoDaddy Response

Feb 10, 2020 – Team GoDaddy People Operations

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We will be passing this along to our recruiting team to ensure that we have constant and consistent communication with our candidates in the future.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GoDaddy (Austin, TX) in December 2019.

Interview

Really nice, Nikki was very understanding and the way she explained everything was very clear. I didn't feel nervous with her. She is also very on point with follow ups.

Interview Questions

• What things that were said in the video presentation did I like the most?   1 Answer