GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

GoDaddy CEO Scott Wagner
Scott Wagner

1,021 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great Benefits for those that use them" (in 122 reviews)

• "Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts" (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • "Stressful call center environment" (in 57 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't care about employees, anonymous surveys are ignored when asked "what could we do better" (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company...Awesome leadership"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, vision, and leadership. Awesome benefits. Really a company that has reinvented its brand as being now the leader of small business services hub.

Cons

Not really a whole lot of "cons" to speak of. Really believe they're a great company with a lot of solid benefits to working there. Excellent leadership.

Apr 24, 2018 – Employment Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are proud to have reinvented ourselves and worked hard to become exactly that, the leader of small business services.

2. "Marketing Analyst"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great People, Vision, Pay & Benefits

Cons

There are no cons, Godaddy is an awesome company to work for

Jun 4, 2018 – Glassdoor Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on offering all of our people a very competitive pay and benefits package that shows them how... More

3. "Inbound Consulting"

Former Employee - Inbound Consulting, Chat, Productivity
    Former Employee - Inbound Consulting, Chat, Productivity

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the environment, people, and the food. The culture was great, and spirits were high. The variation of calls was nice as well. Many of the managers I worked under were fantastic and helpful, colleagues were always there to help as well.

Cons

Bonus pay kept getting less and less, while the sales numbers kept getting higher and higher. Difficult to choose a career path as many departments (even the ones bringing in the most sales) would drastically be cut or moved around with little to no warning.

4. "Customer Care Representative - Hosting Specialist"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

The culture is amazing!! GoDaddy really takes great care of their employees. If you work at Tempe you will have a full functioning cafe and if you work at Gilbert you will get food trucks! Great benefits as well. Absolutely great company to work for.

Cons

While there are a lot of opportunities for advancement, it may not be the type of "advancement" everyone is looking for. You can advance quickly to other departments talking on the phones but getting off the phones or out of sales has proven to be rather difficult for employees. There is a lot of competition for positions as well. Also, phone positions are extremely sales driven, if you are not looking for a sales job, do not apply here.

"Great Company, Concerning Changes"

Former Employee - Reseller Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Reseller Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and incentive programs.

Cons

The recent QA changes are not pretty. I left before they got serious about the new QA reviews but they made it seem like they were going to start firing a lot of good people if they didn't have certain behaviors on every single call.

Jun 14, 2018 – Glassdoor Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed the culture and the benefits, as these items define us as a company.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have... More

6. "Analyst"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

I liked working there because the $2 lunches were really pretty good.

Cons

Sometimes the lunches weren't as good as other times.

Advice to Management

Make the lunches good all the time.

Jun 11, 2018 – Glassdoor Response Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to see that you are enjoying your time here and are happy with your experiences here. We try to provide a lunch menu here that is... More

7. "Don't get your hopes up"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

A Nice environment, very upbeat

Cons

Arbitrary and convoluted training process. They use a metric system that makes no sense. I asked a few times how they came up with the process and data in order to determine certain measurements and not a single trainer could provide a solid answer.

"The good and bad"

Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, culture and team spirit

Cons

Poor MGMT, no time off

Advice to Management

Represent the people

"GO BACK TO ROCKIN IT"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pay is good
    contests are still ok

Cons

QA changes are rough. for a 10 year employee this is the first time i felt threatened for my employment for 1 piece of QA even after hitting CSS and other goals. No training or options to express concern only thru here

Advice to Management

I talked to both Sup and manager and got same dull results as they seemed distracted and not hearing me out. I reached out to HR and also got an email that anyone could have sent not the love and support of what a family (like you state) is suppose to treat another person

"I loved GoDaddy"

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I use to be able to fill this with so many things, now its basically benefits and pay

Cons

Turnover is increasing getting new people with limited knowledge, all you have to do is look at the recent calls in customer accounts and most agents have numbers in their name now meaning they've been there less than a year. They make it impossible for new agents to make it between this new Wow experience where you have someone in India listening to your calls looking for the keywords in every call making sure you attempted to sell a customer on that call or 20 questioned them to get more information out of them. They then say "we want a consistent experience" while the inconsistency comes from lack of training, new agents simply don't know about our products they are hiring people without tech backgrounds and without any knowledge of our products then given a total of 80 hours of classroom training to figure out all of it and it simply is not enough since half of that time is learning how to sell. Now you are forcing out agents that are doing the job well because you are requiring them to read a script change how they approach situations even if their sales numbers are fine their CSS is fine. Worked there 5 years, never had an issue hitting sales numbers never had an issue with customer service scores and I know more than 90% of the people that work their simply due to experience at this point, yet my jobs on the chopping block because I don't want to prod the customer and have awkward conversations based off ques from a script.

Advice to Management

Realize that if you give people the chance to cheat, they will. If you compare supervisor QA scores vs India QA scores you will see a massive difference because you have nothing in place to stop sups from cheating the system. the only reason you think this is working is because you are given false info, but if your goal is to make everyone on the sales force hate their job you're doing it right, I've never heard so many people tell me they are looking for new jobs or expect to get fired. In the next 2 months expect to see massive turnover between you firing us and people quitting because you are stressing us to no end with so many things being monitored (at least in Iowa maybe people in AZ aren't as upset as we are).

Showing 1,021 of 1,048 reviews