GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
GoDaddy CEO Scott Wagner
Scott Wagner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 118 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 56 reviews)

• Upper Management can't make up their minds on how/where to set metrics (in 30 reviews)

1. "Fun job"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Feb 19, 2018 – Employment Brand

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the environment we strive to keep up at GoDaddy!

2. "GoDaddy"

Pros

Large Scale cool problems. Opportunities.

Cons

Tech Debt. Different experiences at different offices

3. "Inbound Business Consultant - Technical Support"

Current Employee - Military in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Military in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits from day one and a nice Christmas Party. If you are driven by earning money and not so customer service focused, you will do well in this position.

Cons

The training is not adequate enough. 95% of the calls are technical support questions, of which 25% will be something you have not been trained on.

Advice to Management

If a Customer chooses sales on the IVR but they are actually technical support calls, there should be a technical support line. Pay technical support representatives a flat salary and bonus on customer satisfaction. If they sell something, they get an additional bonus. Separate sales from technical support and pay sales titles lower salary but heavier on bonuses for sales. With this sort of model, you won't have so much turnover and employee satisfaction will go up. Also, the Military Veteran hiring campaign is bringing in older veterans that are currently struggling in larger numbers.

4. "Really good company"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

They are a good company with a lot of nice benefits. Healthcare, 401k, great people and the Christmas party, of course!

Cons

Recent changes in bonus structure. We no longer receive anything for renewals. Although the commissions were smaller than a new sale, it still helped with the review of a customers account. Since the change, more and more customers are complaining about renewals they didn't know about since there isn't any incentive to check. We're also being pushed to sell more. When I first started over a year ago, it was about consulting and building a relationship rather than being pushy salespeople and the customers can tell!

Advice to Management

Focus on our customers and the business will be there.

Feb 12, 2018 – Customer Care Operations Director

Thanks for the feedback! There's a lot of great perks and benefits at GoDaddy.

With regard to the bonus plan within our Care organization, our goal is to help our customers be successful. Along... More

5. "Prepare for a slow progress - both career and salary wise"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

- vacation policy
    - helping small business owners feels amazing
    - healthcare
    - stock options

Cons

- you can progress you career very slowly, GoDaddy is more about processes than keeping great talent
    - same goes for compensation - you can stuck at your current level even if you are an overachiever

Advice to Management

People over process

6. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. Everyone is easy and great to work with. The environment is very laid back.

Cons

Some people take advantage of the unlimited vacation. This is a rare thing from what I have seen though.

Advice to Management

Requirements/Future isn't fully planned out so rework happens too often.

Feb 5, 2018 – VP Software Engineering

Thanks for your feedback. One of our core values as a company is to “live passionately” and have a balanced life. Having fun at the job in GoDaddy and outside is super important.
    Another important... More

7. "If you want to move up, you can!"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employee focused, customer obsessed, relaxed atmosphere, amazing benefits, great pay, upward mobility

Cons

It really depends on what part of the company you work for. It is harder for those on the sales floor to find happiness in the monotony of taking phone calls all day along with the sales metrics. For those in the technical corporate, there are high expectations and an overall goal of getting stuff done.

Advice to Management

Be the leader you wish you had!

Feb 5, 2018 – Employment Brand

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to see that you found a pathway to move up in the company and want to encourage all employees to strive to find their career path... More

8. "Very stressful atmosphere!!"

Current Employee - Owner in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Owner in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay is ok
    medical and benefits from your first day.

Cons

team leaders/supervisors have cliques and play favorites. So they will allow their friends to misrepresent the product or service and dont say anything to them, but when one makes an honest mistake and gets called into a room for making that mistake...that just isn't right. So you can sit next to a top salesperson that the supervisor likes, and hear that person say almost any and everything to get the sale, and the supervisor never calls him into a room. So a new person is listening to this person misrepresent the product all day, and they get away with it because they are a cronie of the supervisor.

Advice to Management

being consistent in the way that you deal with employees. No playing favorites

"Pushy and unethical sales tactics"

Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support and Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very good health benefits and days off from day 1

Cons

*No chance to move up, only sideways to other positions with same pay.
    *You will be forced to be a pushy salesman, including lying to customers, and supervisors will be ok with it as long as you make the sale.
    *Sales is the name of the game. You will start out as "sales and technical support" but you will only get merit on sales. You are expected to sell on every call. Yes, I am not kidding.
    *Very cut-throat mentality. Supervisors are doing daily competitions among employees to see who can get the most sales and winner gets a price. They are always putting employees, and specially teams against each other.
    *Every month sales quota seems to increase. No one is happy because the stress is overwhelming. It is so overwhelming, that you will inevitably begin to do sketchy and unethical means in order to reach your daily sales goal.
    *How stressfull is it? Let's just say that employee turnover is rampant. GoDaddy is always hiring because it is always losing employees to their greedy way of doing business. Stay away from GoDaddy as an employee

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy.

10. "Inbound Sales and Support"

Pros

Good Christmas Party, cheap lunch cool offices

Cons

customers yell at you all the time

Feb 5, 2018 – Employment Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We love the Holiday Party and hope all of our employees enjoy it as much as possible. As for customers yelling, at you on the phones, we know it... More