KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits (Although it will take you at least 90 days to get them)(in 328 reviews)
  • "The people are great and some of the work was challenging and I learned so much.(in 146 reviews)
  • "Great culture and community with lot of fun incentives and freebies.(in 135 reviews)
  • "The pay is good for an entry level position and it used to have a lot of room for growth.(in 134 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and you can take a lot of vacation(in 62 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management led to poor performance(in 95 reviews)
  • "You have a few good managers and if you're lucky, you overlap with them.(in 42 reviews)
  • "If you weren't in the club it was hard to move into senior leadership.(in 38 reviews)
  • "No training or options to express concern only thru here(in 35 reviews)
  • "weekly bonus payouts, we were given positive delayed responses for about 5 months, and then ultimately told no.(in 32 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoDaddy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Suffering the Same

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazingly awesome, friendly culture working with great, smart folks who love what they're doing. Solid benefits, company truly cares about: inclusivity, mental health

Cons

Ongoing feeling of the unknown, since GD is suffering the great migration/resignation with all sorts of people leaving en masse. But that's the same everyplace. Pay is good for new folks... much better than for the long-term ones who've been around since the Parsons days.

1 person found this review helpful

GoDaddy Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.  At GoDaddy, we encourage all teammates to bring their true selves to work.  We value and consider all feedback to evaluate and improve the #GoDaddyLife, and help you propel your career.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Apr 18, 2022 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

So much support going into my first role in sales! Great energy

Cons

High stress cause sales is hard

GoDaddy Response

Thanks so much for the review! We’re glad that you had a positive experience at GoDaddy and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

company wants to pay you less

Apr 21, 2022 - Hosting Sales in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- If you're consistently good, you'll get paid very well. - You will talk to, and work with, some great players in the technology space - Truly getting to know business owners and finding ways to help them succeed is immensely rewarding - They hire extremely competent people - Company -really- wants to keep good employees, and will do a lot to get you to stay - You have infinite mobility. If you want a role, and you make your intentions clear, you will get a clear path towards it, and others will help you get there. - Everyone I met in my 4 years there was really fantastic in their work ethic and ability.

Cons

- The company is actively working to pay everyone less - The culture is very cutthroat, and you'll watch your paycheck get swindled if a customer calls back in for additional help - Tech burnout hits 10x harder here than anywhere else I've worked. You'll know what I mean if you start. - Work-life balance becomes nil - this isn't a job where you can just "leave your coat at the door", you have to bring life into work, and work into life. - CEO is pragmatic, just not in a respectable way. It's hard to like him.

GoDaddy Response

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your experience at GoDaddy. We're sorry to hear that your experience did not go as expected. We encourage our teammates, current and former, to live passionately and provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Poorly led

Apr 6, 2022 - Marketing Director in Kirkland, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent pay, but quickly falling behind the market. - Good caring people. - Unlimited PTO.

Cons

- Prefers to hire externally for all leadership roles. They don't coach and develop talent. Sr Directors and above are business managers, not people managers or leaders. - HR is a joke and lives on the side of a milk box. Place a tix and get a response a few days later from some random person. - Decision-making is horrific, literally every single person who touches a project has the feeling that they are an approver. - Clearly racist and sexist recruiting practices, they'll bend over backward to find anyone who isn't a white male. - Highly politicized leadership, from the Chief People officer claiming the US is systemically racist in an all-hands to this post on LinkedIn in response to the recently passed Florida's parent's rights law. "At GoDaddy, we believe in humanity, inclusivity, and the right of each person to live as their true and authentic self. We proudly stand with our LGBTQ+ teammates, customers, and communities in the face of the recent legislation that is impacting their lives. We remain committed to making opportunity inclusive for all – and we will continue to enable, empower, and support the community no matter what adversity they face. We value you, we care about you, and we are here to support you."

1 person found this review helpful

GoDaddy Response

Our mission at GoDaddy is to make opportunity more inclusive for all and fuel a new generation of entrepreneurial endeavors, and that starts with an inclusive workplace. If anyone is experiencing a situation not aligned with those values, we absolutely want to hear about it so we can address it. We take these concerns very seriously. If you feel like this hasn’t happened, please reach out to our 24x7x365 Ethics Helpline www.godaddy.com/ethicshelpline, which can be used anonymously. We are committed to promptly and thoroughly investigating all complaints and taking appropriate action in response.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good work-life balance and fair amount of opportunities

May 8, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work-life-balance including remote, I honestly don't think any of my future companies can beat it in that aspect unless the 4 day work-week becomes a thing - Fair amount of opportunities even given the size of engineering department - Really pleasant teammates - Market rate pay

Cons

- It may take a quarter to get on more challenging projects, there are plenty of opportunities for mid-levels but it takes some luck enough once you reach senior - Not the most innovation going on engineering-wise.(not the case for product engineers)

GoDaddy Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We’re so happy to hear that you had a positive experience at GoDaddy and wish you the best of luck moving forward.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People and Culture

Apr 30, 2022 - Senior Manager, Learning and Talent
    Business Outlook

Pros

GoDaddy has some of the best people I've ever worked with. The culture is incredibly supportive, you are challenged in a good way, and I've accomplished more in my time here than at other companies I've worked.nWork/life balance is huge at GD and you're encourage to take time off, long weekend, wellness days, etc.

Cons

Base pay lags compared to competitors but you do get A LOT of stock and you get a yearly bonus (depending on role) so it sorta evens out.

GoDaddy Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your positive sentiment. We're lucky to have you on our team as we continuously work to improve the #GoDaddyLife.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

If you're selfish with 0 empathy. This jobs 4 u

Apr 6, 2022 - Email Productivity Inbound Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote at home job was it...

Cons

Everything. Management the worst of all. Sexually harassment. Had to hire a lawyer too. Most uncomfortable job and no one raised an eye to it. Yet they preach strong boundaries and corporate BS. Yet won't let go the manager who sexually harassed me. Ok???? Wowwwww. And if you don't sell the bare minimum which is just as hard to get as a normal amount. You selll your soul. It's awful. And cheat people of money. Too many customers calling called us the new car dealership for websites. We're annoying sales reps and after that being told to me way too much I got out. All of that crap combined made me run out of there actually.

Customer Care Operations Director

Thank you for your feedback. Our focus for every guide is to take care of each customer and set them up to be more successful as a result of our interaction. Sometimes, that means we support a technical need and then point out where their next step might be and other times it may be consulting them on growing their business. We take hang-ups very seriously and never encourage that behavior. If any employee ever feels harassed or that they’re being coached toward unethical behavior, we encourage them to escalate to Human Resources or a member of the leadership team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 14, 2022 - Software Development Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of technically competent coworkers, plenty of opportunity to learn and grow, fun-loving environment and focus on delivering value while also being nice to each other. Work-life-balance is better here compared to most other companies out there. No burn-out culture! Everyone takes sufficient time off for themselves now and then.

Cons

Each team is different. Some teams can have poor managers/leaders, while others have great managers/leaders.

9. 1.0