Grand Canyon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2018

2.7

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

long interview process. first, there was a phone interview with the HR generalist. This was followed by an in person practice interview with the hiring manager right before the actual in person panel interview. This one featured the position manager, department head, regional director and department senior vice president.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical interviewing process was used, they inquired about your past experience and knowledge, and they explained the requirements needed for the position I was applying for. Went over position details, such as programs used, discussed company growth.

Interview Questions

• Inquired about past experience and knowledge, again typical HR interview questions were asked.   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Emailed a few times got an interview. Received a test of Information technology questions ranging from basic to advanced. Then the interviewers examine your test before your interview. After a short period they call you in for the interview. They ask you many questions about why you want the job. They cover any experience you may have had and how you work with a team. They were very professional but relaxed and very friendly.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

The process is straight forward you have a phone interview, then go in for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses/strenghts and why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

A hiring manager called me and described the position. I was asked given the position needs whether I felt confident I could do the work. Following, I submitted several pieces of documentation (i.e. teaching certification, clearances, transcripts, etc.). When all was approved, I had online faculty training. It was mostly open forum discussion questions online. You must get a passing score to proceed. Later, I was given a selection of school sites to choose to supervise. You are able to decline assignments for any reason. Currently, I have 3 students. The workload is equivalent to the pay. I receive $550 for observing a student teacher four times a semester. I can choose when I visit. Following, I submit my evaluation of the student through an online management system.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can give constructive feedback to teacher candidates?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application for the position within a week I received an email requesting a phone interview to be scheduled for the next day. The interview was easy with most of the questions asking you to describe your positions listed on the resume. The recruiter also asked what was the pay for each position. In the end, I didn't move on to the next stage of the interview process, which was weird because I do the exact same thing at my current job. The school would have been new to the area and it would have made sense for them to move forward with the person from the major competitor in the area who did the duties they were asking for. I received a standard rejection letter with no explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The complete interview process was extended over a 2 week period of time. The first was an email received by the HR Department which I had to summarize 10 questions then phone and then panel interview. After that process I was turned down for the position.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.

Interview

I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really well. Then had to do a writing sample. Had 24 hours to do this, just answer sample emails. Then I was called to set up a time to meet with the Program Manager. Was told it was casual and to meet at a coffee shop. I thought I did really well and had a good connection. Boy, was I wrong! The next day all I got was a generalized "no reply" message from their HR Department saying that basically liked someone else and that was the end of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview is typical, where they ask you t tell them stories about past work experiences and detail scenarios where you solved problems. May the best liar get the job. The initial hiring manager talks to you and then ambushes by sending you to other hiring managers who ask you the same exact questions you were already asked. They fail to tell you that this is just a mere sales position, with quotas that must be hit while you remain expendable. The atmosphere in the building looks miserable. But 40k a year might be worth it if you don't have much of anything else going on. If you're the GCU student, then this job is worth it, as it will help you avoid some debt if you last long enough. If you want free tuition, then the incarceration by way of cubicle might just be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a challenging task and used your skills to solve it.   Answer Question

Grand Canyon University Response

Aug 31, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Assessing candidates to find the best fit for the role, is important to us. While being in a call center environment may not be a fit for some individuals, we find that this model benefits the needs... More