Grand Canyon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.7

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

long interview process. first, there was a phone interview with the HR generalist. This was followed by an in person practice interview with the hiring manager right before the actual in person panel interview. This one featured the position manager, department head, regional director and department senior vice president.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2015.

Interview

Supposedly there are over one million words in the English Language. We trimmed some fat to take away really odd words and determiners. Then we grabbed the most popular words and built this word randomizer. Just keep clicking generate—chances are you won't find a repeat!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical interviewing process was used, they inquired about your past experience and knowledge, and they explained the requirements needed for the position I was applying for. Went over position details, such as programs used, discussed company growth.

Interview Questions

• Inquired about past experience and knowledge, again typical HR interview questions were asked.   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Emailed a few times got an interview. Received a test of Information technology questions ranging from basic to advanced. Then the interviewers examine your test before your interview. After a short period they call you in for the interview. They ask you many questions about why you want the job. They cover any experience you may have had and how you work with a team. They were very professional but relaxed and very friendly.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

The process is straight forward you have a phone interview, then go in for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses/strenghts and why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

A hiring manager called me and described the position. I was asked given the position needs whether I felt confident I could do the work. Following, I submitted several pieces of documentation (i.e. teaching certification, clearances, transcripts, etc.). When all was approved, I had online faculty training. It was mostly open forum discussion questions online. You must get a passing score to proceed. Later, I was given a selection of school sites to choose to supervise. You are able to decline assignments for any reason. Currently, I have 3 students. The workload is equivalent to the pay. I receive $550 for observing a student teacher four times a semester. I can choose when I visit. Following, I submit my evaluation of the student through an online management system.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can give constructive feedback to teacher candidates?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out an online application for the position within a week I received an email requesting a phone interview to be scheduled for the next day. The interview was easy with most of the questions asking you to describe your positions listed on the resume. The recruiter also asked what was the pay for each position. In the end, I didn't move on to the next stage of the interview process, which was weird because I do the exact same thing at my current job. The school would have been new to the area and it would have made sense for them to move forward with the person from the major competitor in the area who did the duties they were asking for. I received a standard rejection letter with no explanation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really well. Then had to do a writing sample. Had 24 hours to do this, just answer sample emails. Then I was called to set up a time to meet with the Program Manager. Was told it was casual and to meet at a coffee shop. I thought I did really well and had a good connection. Boy, was I wrong! The next day all I got was a generalized "no reply" message from their HR Department saying that basically liked someone else and that was the end of that.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was originally referred by the position by a GCU employee. HR Talent Acquisition reached out within a week asking to set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty basic - see questions below - then she asked me to fill out a writing sample. This consisted of three scenario based prompts you might encounter as a counselor. Once I sent that back a secondary interview was set up with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience connect to this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in your next employer?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • What functions can you use in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1 - 10 how proficient are you with computers?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work evenings and weekends? Are you ok with the 60 hour work week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email back with screening questions and phone interview time, replied to screening questions and scheduled phone interview with HR. Had phone interview, then 1:1 interview with same woman from the phone interview. She then told me I had to come back for a panel interview with the managers. I scheduled and attended the panel interview. Did not receive offer after 3rd interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• "As a business we over promise things that we are not able to follow through on. Tell us a time that you did this"
      "Tell us a time a customer didn't know what they wanted"
      "Tell us about a time you gained the trust of a customer"   Answer Question