Grand Canyon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, if you make it through that then you come in for an interview with the manager and one other person. They ask a lot of questions like: Tell us about a time you were stressed and how did you handle it?

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

Interveiw took one hour and half with assistant professor. The first question he asked me was 'can you get references from pastors?'. I am not christian. I was unpleasure. He explained correlation with science and religion for 30 mins. And he also recommended to attend chapel if I am hired. It was rude. After that, he asked about my education skills on my resume and then salary with classes.

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

May 2, 2018 – Human Resources

GCU is committed to prohibiting unlawful discrimination and maintain an inclusive culture. We take these comments seriously, in order to address this, please email us at feedback@gcu.edu with any... More

Account Executive - University Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

"I'm not going to tell you that." This was the exact response given me by the local VP in my final interview when I asked her what percentage of Account Execs hit the expected 28 enrollments in the first year. She said that if I'm the right candidate and they decide to move forward then I can ask the lowly recruiter if she's willing to disclose that information.... what? That's like Nancy Pelosi saying they have to pass the bill in order to see what's in it. Clearly very few reps will hit the quota provided here.

The original recruiter was pleasant enough but we had to reschedule the initial video interview several times due to the delayed communication. After that initial video conference screening I had a phone interview with the direct manager. He seemed very disinterested in even being on a call and I'm not quite convinced that he wants to be working there.

After the phone interview I was brought in to meet with the direct manager and the local VP. I had to prepare a Territory Plan PowerPoint on how to best attract Doctoral students, including how to approach local businesses and funnel them toward enrollment. I also asked the VP how my goals will be measured aside from enrollments and she refused to answer this question as well. That right there should tell you something. Overall a very poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you think not having a Masters degree will be a problem for you when enrolling Doctoral students?   Answer Question

Apr 19, 2018 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that the interview process did not meet your expectations. GCU seeks to continually improve our communications and processes and your feedback is valuable and can help us achieve... More

Account Executive - Online Division Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

My interview took place at a Christian Church, I didn’t find this out until my GPS took me there...odd place to interview for professional business position. When I walked in, all eyes were on me, the only colored person there. All people appeared to be cult members of this church. The controlled crowd was loud, again not a professional place to set up an interview. The manager was reading the question from his computer instead of engaging in a conversation. No eye contact, nothing. He was curt, short, unfriendly, asked me 4 questions and that was the interview. He basically had no interest in me or what I had to say in my response to his question. Apparently, he had made up his mind as soon as he saw the color of my skin. I have a reason to believe that the crowd of Church members sitting around me, observing me being interviewed were the decision makers of whether I fit into their “Account Executive” (cult) or not. I have been to so many interviews in my life, I have never been a witness to this level of treatment. Very disappointing to see a business operating in this manner. I will be getting in touch with my state senator to take a look at the operation of this so called “business”.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your selling style   1 Answer
    • Common object in my previous position   1 Answer

Apr 19, 2018 – Human Resources

We are sorry to hear that your interview experience did not meet your expectations. However, GCU does not discriminate candidates based on age, disability, national origin, race, color, gender... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to complete a phone interview with an HR rep. Did an in person interview with same HR Rep. Then did a final in person interview with panel of managers

Interview Questions

• STAR- Tell me a time where you did not keep your promise to a customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

It started with a phone interview and then moved onto a panel interview. Once the panel interview was completed, it was about a week before I was offered the job via phone with a job offer via email.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really well. Then had to do a writing sample. Had 24 hours to do this, just answer sample emails. Then I was called to set up a time to meet with the Program Manager. Was told it was casual and to meet at a coffee shop. I thought I did really well and had a good connection. Boy, was I wrong! The next day all I got was a generalized "no reply" message from their HR Department saying that basically liked someone else and that was the end of that.

Public Safety Officer Interview

Application

Interview

During the interview, they asked questions in a very professional manner and gave time for you to also ask questions in return. If you did not understand something they went out of their way to explain it in a different way. Also was light-hearted and told stories of past events.

Dissertation Chair Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

A lot of questions about Christian values, very little. They are in dire need of PhD adjuncts, as turnover rate is very high; most quit very quickly. Hiring process is a joke. You have 3 weeks of unpaid online training, that is more about GCU covering their assets, than really training new hires. Horrible experience from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. They really need bodies to fill open courses.   Answer Question

Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

The position posted was labeled as a professor "online," so I assumed, like most positions this was a remote application. Within the day I applied, I received an email requesting times for an initial phone screening. The individual called me the next day and went over basic interview questions, like "when are you available to start' and "explain a time you had to work with a student during a personal issue." In addition, I was told the salary starts at 50-55 a year, which is rather low for a position requiring a PhD or EdD, and the position is in a cubicle setting in the administration office of GCU. The position has specific hours you need to work, such as 11-7 or 12-8pm, and on Fridays it is 8-5pm. There is no flexibility in the schedule, and the position may allow for one day of working remote after a year. The interview led to follow up requests from faculty and department chairs requiring transcripts

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to show excellent customer service.   1 Answer