Grand Canyon University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

2.7

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for multiple jobs and they had me do multiple phone interviews, assessments, and progression interviews. I was always given positive feedback on my interviews but was not selected for the jobs.

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

Apr 28, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

We appreciate your interest in working at GCU, please continue to check our careers site at as we are constantly adding new positions. Thank you for your review.

Instructional Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward and the interviewer was very accommodating and pleasant. The interviewer was kind and we had a fruitful discussion about my goals and ambitions.

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

Jan 30, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Congratulations and welcome to GCU. We are excited to have you join the Lope family.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

This was a long time ago, but the interview process was typical. You start with an HR phone interview, then they ask you to come in person. The in person interview was with two managers that asked the typical questions.

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

Jul 15, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Glad to hear your interview process was positive. Thank you for your review.

Operation Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in April 2019.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person with the manager and two others on the team. All pretty standard questions except for the faith based questions. They led a prayer before the interview began, which made me pretty uncomfortable and then asked if I would be comfortable talking with students about my faith and if I would be able to uphold GCU standards while doing so. I know it's illegal to ask about faith in an interview, so they've come up with ways to get around it. Was a little confused why this came up because this position wouldn't be dealing directly with students very often. Ultimately, did not think it would be a great fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable talking with students about faith?   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative interview experience. If you would like to share more details, please email feedback@gcu.edu.

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2019.

Interview

Basic questions - the word sales was mentioned which I did not like. If you enjoy sales, then this is a good place to get experience with heavy volume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you faced and how you handled it?   Answer Question

May 24, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for your interest in our service partner, GCE! We are always looking for ways to improve. Please email your feedback to feedback@gce.com.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2019.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then had to go in for an in-person interview. The in person interview I had to interview with the woman I phone interviewed with and then I had a group/panel interview me. I thought I did well. Then I got an automated email that was very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

Feb 13, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Site Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. I was contacted via Google calendar and via phone message to arrange an interview. They ask for a time and date that would be convenient for your phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working with pre-service teachers?   1 Answer

Dec 19, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Welcome to Grand Canyon University! Glad to hear your interview process was timely and positive.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoneton, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone Call obsolete An official face-to-face meeting of monarchs or other important figures.
    2. Any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature.
    3. A conversation in person (or, by extension, over the telephone, Internet etc.) between a journalist and someone whose opinion or statements he or she wishes to record for publication, broadcast etc. The interview process is a multi-stage process for hiring new employees. The interview process typically includes the following steps: writing a job description, posting a job, scheduling interviews, conducting preliminary interviews, conducting in-person interviews, following up with candidates, and making a hire.

ARC Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2018.

Interview

Had a brief phone call, and an interview with the then manager and manager that would be taking over their position at the end of the year. Lasted about 10-15 minutes. Overall a good interview

Interview Questions

Grand Canyon University Response

Jan 30, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Online Division Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and was called by an HR representative within a couple of days. Did a phone screen and was invited to the campus for an interview. The day of the interview started good, I met with the HR person I did my phone screen with, she asked me a couple of questions and then told me two or three hiring managers would come in to do the interview. I sat in the interview room waiting for the "hiring mangers" to come in for 30 minutes! It was insane, and very unprofessional. I was told that they were in an "all managers" meeting. Excuse me but - why the hell would you schedule an interview and have a candidate come to campus at the one time of the day the managers were going to be busy? There ended up only being two hiring managers who ran my interview, the third never showed. I immediately knew within 30 second that I would not be happy here. Both managers seemed very stressed, unhappy, and looked like they didn't want to be sitting in the room with me. Every question that was asked and I answered they gave me empty stares and it was super uncomfortable, one manager also kept cutting me off. I couldn't not wait to leave that room, I had no questions for them because I knew I'd be able to leave quicker! *HR has still yet to call me to let me know if I even got the position, I am going with a no, but it's 2018, you can't send an email at least?

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      What would your current manager say about you?   Answer Question

Aug 31, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Thank you for providing us with feedback. We are sorry to hear your interview experience with Grand Canyon Education did not meet our standard of excellence.