Grand Homes Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Grand Homes Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Homes Inc.

2.3

Community Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Addison, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

your initial interview, as they tell you, is with a group of 10-15 others. Once you get there, they have you fill out a survey and questionaires, personality test. Then a couple of corporate managers come in and give you a sales script to read and give you 20 mins to practice....Then the two mamagers return for individual dog and pony presentations......All this before anyone can ask you one thing about yourself....VERY Chessy and unprofessional.. Group recruiting interviews always mean one thing, high turnover in sales personnel

Builder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc..

Interview

I interviewed with project manager and shadowed with another builder for a few days. After that i was given then given the ok to interview with the division president for about 45 minutes. Once i made it past this point I then interviewed with the CEO. After accepting a position i then filled out a mountain of paper work. Personal information/personality tests etc. and started the next day.

Interview Questions

• If i could be anything else besides a builder what would it be   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX).

Interview

When I applied, I was interviewed by a phone call, then a face to face interview, then a second face to face interview, then I got to meet other employees- I guess for their opinion of myself

Interview Questions

• what is a trait you do like about yourself.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc..

Interview

very long group interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc..

Interview

Met with a area sales manager and then interviewed with the division VP and finally the owner for a brief period. Took some personality tests and they have their own application to fill out. They also perform a background check.

Interview Questions

• There really wa not a difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. $2,000 month for 60 days as a salary during training. Then another $2,000 as a draw for the third month then straight commission at 2%. It's hard to stay unless you have savings. They take way more than 90 days to get a home started.

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then went on to meet one on one After the one on one met with the VP at corporate and after that interview met with the CEO Mr Stephen Brooks.

Sales Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Grand conducts "interviews" every Monday evening. Applicants are put into their training room, where you have to fill out some paperwork: Application, 2 Personality Tests, Questionnaire. The recruiter comes in to tell you about Grand, and who will be coming in to speak to group. Then they take your photo. A senior level management member comes in and tells the Grand story and history about the company. He then explains that you have 5 minutes to study the information about Grand, and when he returns, each person will stand up and give a presentation about the company, whether it is a role-playing customer situation, or as if you were presenting to a group of Realtors. A few other members of sales management come into the room to watch during this time. After everyone is done, you are told that you will be contacted stating you are moving on to the next phase of hiring, or that you were not selected.

Interview Questions

• Having to present in front of the group could be intimidating if you are not used to "performing" in front of a group.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Met at a model home, sat in living room and the District Manager did all the talking. Was asked questions but don't think he was really listening. Was required before interview to do a personality test to see if bull, lamb, tiger etc. He said I confused him that I didn't match what my test revealed. Questions were simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. This is a sales position and it is final what they offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process, very informative, helpful and then want to provide room for growth within the company. They are very nice, the only hard part was the multiple interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personality?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Grand Homes Inc. (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

First, the cattle call. Consists of going in for a group interview and presentation. Then you break off and have 5 minutes to review all the grand homes awards and learn about the company. Afterwards, you must give a presentation on Grand Homes as if you were trying to sell a home to the hiring manager. After a couple of days you are called back in for a sales team meeting where they watch you closely to see how you interact with the different people on the sales staff. After the meeting you have a 1:1 interview with a hiring manager where they describe the job and either make you an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about sales?   1 Answer

Pay was low.