Greystar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greystar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. I applied on 7/18. Received a call 8/2. Interviewed 8/2. Interviewed with RM on 8/3, offered position on 8/3. Interview was smooth and enjoyable. Very excited!

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

I met with property manager for the first interview and then I returned to meet with regional manager for the second interview. Both interviewers were great to talk, warm and welcoming, and seemed excited about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle customers who may look down on me and think that they are superior to me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied on their website. Received and email from Property Manager about two weeks later requesting an interview. I showed up in time and well prepared with about eight questions of my own to get a feel for what they were looking for in an employee. The interviewer had not reviewed my resume, and did not ask many questions at all. Also did not make much eye contact and body language suggested that they were just going through the motions. Said they would let me know in about two days how things were progressing. I sent a follow up email and never received a response. The manager, although friendly, was not prepared for the interview and did not follow through. If this is any indication of how their leadership is, I'm not impressed and relieved not to have moved forward.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset tenant?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Campbell, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, I had to complete a logic/ basic maths style quiz and then a psychometric/ personality quiz. I received a call a couple of days later to arrange an interview. Met with the Regional Director and her Assistant at the site I was applying to work at. General interview questions, management orientated. I had the interview only a few days ago, I've had one call since from the site's Community manager asking a few more management related questions. Waiting to hear if i've been successful.

Interview Questions

• What are the first three things you would do if you were successful in getting the position.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a challenging situation you've had to deal with and how you were successful.   Answer Question
    • We've discussed your strengths and you seem like a very strong person, what would you say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for property manager position but during the interview was told it was a leasing consultant position. I asked the basic question of salary and the woman said she had no idea what the pay rate was. I was very confused with this answer, how can you hold interviews and not know salary.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interview process was quick, applied online with a questionnaire. Got a call for interview the next day. Short interview over the phone than an in person interview. Make sure you open up and be yourself. The manager is looking for someone they can trust and mesh well with as an assistant manager. They need to know they can count on you as well as professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What programs have you previously worked on? Have you done an eveiction before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greystar (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone, a few questions about the resume and some personality question. Second interview was with 3 mangers who asked me questions about college and past work experience. Overall experience was great, managers were friendly,

Interview Questions

• Questions about degree, classes, the reasons why I chose my major   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Greystar (Spokane, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was met with 3 rounds of interviews, and in those 3 rounds I got to see how tightly nit the community of Greystar is! I look forward to see what else the company has in store.

Interview Questions

• What is important for you and your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Greystar (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Greystar has an online assessment that must be passed in order to proceed. I would say the timed portion requires focus. The in person interview was good but intense. Be ready to answer standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use Excel. Reporting is highly important. You must be good at math to send occupancy and lease information weekly.   Answer Question

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview with controller and accounting manager. Be prepared to detail your previous experience in accounting and your process through the month as this is a full-cycle close accounting position. Overall a conversational interview with many details about the position and the company.