Greystar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greystar Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2018

2.4

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

After one long phone call and two in-person interviews, I received a standard rejection letter seven weeks later that appeared to be something sent to those who didn't even receive an interview. Nothing from the hiring manager who I dealt with in all three interviews. In hindsight, I wonder if they were just asking candidates to present ideas because their team is struggling to fill properties in this area.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a presentation on a local property.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter who set-up an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. After the initial phone screening, they scheduled an in-person interview with an Associate at one of their regional offices. I received a follow-up call to attend a panel interview with 4 members of senior management.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

While no one likes to wait 2 months to hear from a job - a 10 minute interview in an unprofessional setting does not really speak to a well organized company

Interview Questions

• Do you have leasing experience   1 Answer

Leasing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

Casual, none of the standard interview questions. They gave a tour of the property and asked what creative ways would I market the community. After being there for about ten minutes I realized I would not want this job because of the particular property I was interviewing at and the struggles they were facing.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Charleston, SC) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole experience was a typical interview . We walked through my resume and experience. The questions asked were straightforward, and they genuinely seem to be searching for a good fit.

Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greystar (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Talked through resume and background. Series of questions pertaining to real estate and development, but nothing too technical. It seemed as though they really wanted to pinpoint why real estate development. Really nice people and very smart.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most important pieces of information you would like to have if you were considering a development in a given area?   Answer Question

Senior Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greystar in September 2017.

Interview

Numerous and lengthy meetings with potential superior. Also multiple meetings with what would be direct reports. Company is leader in its industry of third-party, property management of multi-family real estate assets world-wide. Well thought of with very qualified people at the helm. Having a bit of a culture clash between "core" Greystar staff members and others who had worked for companies Greystar had acquired relatively recently.

Leasing Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. I applied on 7/18. Received a call 8/2. Interviewed 8/2. Interviewed with RM on 8/3, offered position on 8/3. Interview was smooth and enjoyable. Very excited!

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

I met with property manager for the first interview and then I returned to meet with regional manager for the second interview. Both interviewers were great to talk, warm and welcoming, and seemed excited about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle customers who may look down on me and think that they are superior to me?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for a different property and was given the run around on the internal transfer process. Then when the process finally was approved, I was not given an opportunity to discuss salary which is ridiculous. Then I never received a written offer letter. Unacceptable for a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this community?   1 Answer