Greystar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.4

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Charleston, SC) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole experience was a typical interview . We walked through my resume and experience. The questions asked were straightforward, and they genuinely seem to be searching for a good fit.

Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Greystar (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Talked through resume and background. Series of questions pertaining to real estate and development, but nothing too technical. It seemed as though they really wanted to pinpoint why real estate development. Really nice people and very smart.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most important pieces of information you would like to have if you were considering a development in a given area?   Answer Question

Leasing Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth. I applied on 7/18. Received a call 8/2. Interviewed 8/2. Interviewed with RM on 8/3, offered position on 8/3. Interview was smooth and enjoyable. Very excited!

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

I met with property manager for the first interview and then I returned to meet with regional manager for the second interview. Both interviewers were great to talk, warm and welcoming, and seemed excited about the company.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle customers who may look down on me and think that they are superior to me?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for a different property and was given the run around on the internal transfer process. Then when the process finally was approved, I was not given an opportunity to discuss salary which is ridiculous. Then I never received a written offer letter. Unacceptable for a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this community?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Thorough review and screening. Very personable and professional during the interview. I was actually able to let my personality, skills, and knowledge shine during the process. The interviewer actually listened and was interested in what I had to say with my responses.

Interview Questions

• What types of job roles do you feel you are best suited for?   Answer Question

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied on their website. Received and email from Property Manager about two weeks later requesting an interview. I showed up in time and well prepared with about eight questions of my own to get a feel for what they were looking for in an employee. The interviewer had not reviewed my resume, and did not ask many questions at all. Also did not make much eye contact and body language suggested that they were just going through the motions. Said they would let me know in about two days how things were progressing. I sent a follow up email and never received a response. The manager, although friendly, was not prepared for the interview and did not follow through. If this is any indication of how their leadership is, I'm not impressed and relieved not to have moved forward.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset tenant?   1 Answer

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Campbell, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, I had to complete a logic/ basic maths style quiz and then a psychometric/ personality quiz. I received a call a couple of days later to arrange an interview. Met with the Regional Director and her Assistant at the site I was applying to work at. General interview questions, management orientated. I had the interview only a few days ago, I've had one call since from the site's Community manager asking a few more management related questions. Waiting to hear if i've been successful.

Interview Questions

• What are the first three things you would do if you were successful in getting the position.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a challenging situation you've had to deal with and how you were successful.   Answer Question
    • We've discussed your strengths and you seem like a very strong person, what would you say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for property manager position but during the interview was told it was a leasing consultant position. I asked the basic question of salary and the woman said she had no idea what the pay rate was. I was very confused with this answer, how can you hold interviews and not know salary.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar in May 2017.

Interview

HR Call: Behavioral/Resume Based, very easy going
    Online testing: math, sequence, and logic questions
    Associate Call: Behavioral/ Technical based
    M.D. Call: Mostly technical
    Take-home weekend case study: Given three markets, asked to select one, create a presentation and model supporting your decision.
    Final in-office interview: postponed until further notice