Greystar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I was internally promoted within Greystar, but the interview process with upper management and ownership was great. I was asked questions about budgeting, financials, property upkeep, and staff management.

Interview Questions

• Why I thought I would be a good fit for the position considering I was a first time Community Manager.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Greystar (Charleston, SC).

Interview

After interviewing with the recruiter, I was ghosted for weeks. I reached out and was told due to COVID-19, all positions were being reevaluated and I should contact them again the following week. During the first half of the following week, before I reached out again, I received an automated "Thanks, but no thanks" email. To better prepare for the future, I reached out to the recruiter asking for insight as to why I did not move forward in the process, as I had the qualifications listed in the job posting. I was told she would contact the hiring manager for details. Never heard back. Very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience, what I knew about Greystar, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Chicago, IL) in April 2020.

Interview

Explained benefits of working for Greystar, asked personal questions regarding experience and why I think I would fit well with the company. They introduced which programs I would be using and asked about my experience with each program. Discussed how I came to looking for a new job and my commitment if I were to be hired

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset resident?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Lakewood, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was great! It was more of a conversation of getting know myself and about the company to make sure I was a good fit the company was a good fit for me.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

It was a very easy process and didn't really feel like and interview. It was more about getting a feel for me personally and what I could bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

Honestly disappointed in this whole process. I received an email a day a few days after I applied requesting to set up a phone interview. I picked a time from the recruiters schedule for the following morning. The recruiter called on time but as soon as she started talking I could tell it wasn’t going to go well. I could tell she hadnt looked at my resume prior to calling and she told me she was going to keep the interview brief and to the point. Then she just started firing off generic interview questions instead of asking me for any kind of introduction. After a couple questions she told me they were mainly looking for internal candidates. As an external candidate I was immediately confused why I was on the call to begin with and if she chose to make the call, why did that need to be mentioned? The whole interview was very unorganized, rushed and memorable in the worst way. I followed up after the interview and received no response. I followed up again 2 weeks later and got radio silence. I saw the job was closed and decided to follow up a third time. Silence.

Concierge Interview

Interview

Easy process. I applied online and within a week I got a phone interview. The in-person interview was scheduled a week later and after 2 days I got a call that I was hired.

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greystar (Dallas, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, basic questions about myself and why I want to be in the real estate industry. 30 minute conversation, ended with an offer. The experience was easy, lasted a couple months with back and forth emails.

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Greystar.

Interview

Called to set up an interview, had a 5 minute chat and scheduled in person interview. It was very easy to discuss the job qualifications and my interest in the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a resident who didn’t pay rent on time.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Greystar (Atlanta, GA) in December 2019.

Interview

It was a very well prepared interview. They had different people from different sectors of the job ask me questions to help me get a feel for the company overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I have applied 8 times for this company in the span of a year and have been rejected each and every time with necessary experience. It's become the definition of insanity applying here off the street. You would think someone with a proven record of leases and 5 star Yelp reviews at every property they have been assigned to and who is social media savvy would be considered. The most recent interview I had I interviewed for a property that had no timetable on opening. Why are you interviewing for a position and wasting people's time and getting a job seeker's hopes up, only to be told that there is no definitive time frame on opening this property? Do we not have better things to do with our day than to lead people on like this? I later got rejected from this position because it went to someone internal. Again, why was I even brought in to interview to begin with if this was going to be outcome? Shame on you, hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for should you be hired here?   1 Answer