Greystar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greystar Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Casual. I was targeted to fill a specific role. The interview was more or less to see if I would be a good culture fit. They made sure I fit well with the existing staff.

Interview Questions

• How well I manage conflict resolution.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Greystar (Williston, ND) in April 2018.

Interview

My recent interview was intense but rightly so, as I applied for a huge role. It was fast paced and to the point. Some questions had me thinking, and even showed me a little about myself.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best person for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Greystar (Silverdale, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was a little different of a interview in the the leaving manager was hiring to cover her position so that she could go to a larger property. She first interviewed me and I felt very confident that I had the job. I was called back for a second interview and hit it off with the RPM right away. I then had a phone interview with another greystar corporate person in which they informed me I would be hired and to wait for my offer letter in the email. It was slow going at first

Interview Questions

• About my experience, my abilities and skills   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several people at different properties. Most of the interview questions were the same across the board. Very relaxed interview style. It's been a few years since my interview so I don't remember it too clearly, but it was professional and gave me a good impression of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Greystar (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Connected with Greystar recruiting through networking. Once I received initial phone call from recruiter I had follow up calls within a week from regional managers and proceeded with two interviews and a final offer within a week of the last interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate. I was informed my requested salary was higher than budgeted but it was possible to compensate in other ways. The offer presented tome was excellent and better than expected. I accepted on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greystar (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very detailed as it relates to experience, skills, and market knowledge. Hiring manager was very informative about the expectations of the company, region and staff expectations. The phone screening was very high energy as the hiring manager's attitude was dependent upon it.

Interview Questions

Considering whether it is the move for me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Greystar (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with RPM then Director, and was offered position immediately after second interview. Interview questions were direct, and what I would expect for this position. Both interviews were quick, and only took about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your team effectively?
      What is a challenge you've faced and how did you overcome it? Why do you want to work for Greystar?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Greystar in March 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiter prior to at a job fair. Then met with current manager and regional manager on site. Discussed my past experience and the experience of the current manager. Very lax interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can handle said clientele?
      What are your future goals?
      What are salary expectations?
      Why do you think you can handle this position at this property?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greystar (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied for a different property and was given the run around on the internal transfer process. Then when the process finally was approved, I was not given an opportunity to discuss salary which is ridiculous. Then I never received a written offer letter. Unacceptable for a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this community?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Greystar in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and took the people answers test. I was contacted immediately by an HR representative and interviewed over the phone. That interview went very well. I was told they would be in contact with in the next week. A week went by no one called. I contacted the HR rep and she told me she had been out of town and scheduled me for a second interview. I agreed to that time and date. I waited for the call at the scheduled time but no one called me. Two full days pasted before I finally received a response from the HR rep after I had emailed her twice and left a voicemail. She thanked me for my time but said they had decided to go with an internal candidate. No apology for they no-show on the second interview.