Groupon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone interview which was 30 minutes long where I was asked, "tell me about yourself" and then I was asked why Groupon. I then had time for questions at the end and was told about compensation and benefits as well. The lady was very nice. I was then emailed a few days later to schedule a final round interview at their headquarters in Chicago. The following week I had a 2 hour interview in Chicago which consisted of a short office tour, 1 30 minute interview and then I was able to shadow someone who worked the job I applied for then ended with the second 30 minute interview. Everyone was extremely nice and young and made me feel so comfortable right away. It was a very laid back environment and interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in a stressful situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have had to challenge a supervisor or peer.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Groupon (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process at Groupon was perhaps one of the most genuine processes I've experienced. As a recruiter, I interview for a living. The team at Groupon treated me as a potential future in-law to their family, not only a future co-worker. They took the time to get to know me. To ask thought provoking questions and to sell me. Most companies on the upward swing in the silicon valley are young, cocky and focused solely on what THEY want. Not also on why a candidate might want to join. I left there feeling that the staff was not only genuine and kind but very motivated and intellectual.

Interview Questions

• If I didn't have a job description and only told you I needed an ETL engineer, what would you be looking for?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell us over our competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Genuine. The conversation was no nonsense. "What are you making?" "What would it take to get you to sign today?"

Easy.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Tucson, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day and scheduled a phone interview for the following day. It was a casual thirty minute conversation where they went over my resume and work experience. The recruiter liked me and asked if I wanted to schedule a phone interview with one of the managers the following day. I did another phone interview the following day which resulted in a request for me to fly to their headquarters for a one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job and why you want to do something else.   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with CRMs like Salesforce?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn about a potential opportunity in my area, invited me to set up a phone chat to discuss the opportunity to see if i would be a good fit. The interview was very casual and easy, we scheduled the second phone interview with another recruiter for two days later.
    Second one went well and was also pretty casual with a few more interview type questions.
    Next step is Skype with regional manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon in May 2012.

Interview

Interviews are done via skype if you live outside of Chicago.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't much. Based salary on experience in field.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

had a phone interview with HR..went over the resume. Then end of the same week had a technical interview with the developer working there...the technical interview was just going through the resume, he was not prepared....he was happy with me, but not sure got a reject next day..the technical guy was just employed there for 4 months..he said he is the one going to build the communication engineering department.

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Screened by two recruiters. The interview itself consisted of talking briefly with the two recruiters, followed by meeting with 5 people in the department. I met the hiring manager's boss first, then the hiring manager's partner, then the hiring manager, then some senior person in finance, and finally an analyst in the department who administered a SQL test.

Interview Questions

• What would be the best feature to determine how much money a deal will make on Groupon's site?

That was followed shortly by "What would be the best predictor of whether a merchant will run on Groupon?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

Applied through info session on campus. Got contacted after half a week. Had two 45-min back-to-back sessions campus interview. One with a senior engineer discussing my experience listed on resume and solving 2-3 problems w/ pseudocode. The other was with two engineers solving two whiteboard coding problems.

Interview Questions

• A matrix with integers. Mask all rows and columns containing 0's to 0 and keep the rest unchanged.   Answer Question

Software Eng Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Groupon.

Interview

5-10 mins about my previous work exp. One classic DP and one classic Linked List problem. Totally 45 minutes. They were very friendly people, they guided me throughout the answer. If you are prepared for tech interviews, you can crack it. Wasn't very tough.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Groupon in January 2018.

Interview

Three phone interviews and then onsite. First phone interview hiring manager asking about background and general questions. Next two phone interviews are all technical. Was asked to code on coderpad. Onsite interview has five rounds including lunch interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Groupon (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

1 phone and 4 rounds of onsite. most questions were about the project and also there were some algorithm question. Design a Mobile app for college grades. How to make it scalable?