Updated Jun 9, 2023
Filter by Topic
Found 3,742 of over 4K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Got a burning question about Groupon? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Groupon employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people and very international" (in 381 reviews)
- "Great Culture and as long as you perform well you can pretty much be your own boss and do anything you want." (in 236 reviews)
- "Work Life Balance is Good" (in 155 reviews)
- "Good benefits (would be great with 401k match and more tolerable work envt)" (in 112 reviews)
- "Salary and Work environment are good." (in 88 reviews)
- "management was poor and micro" (in 245 reviews)
- "Pay is low unless you're one of the chosen high ups and politics has everything to do with being chosen." (in 121 reviews)
- "Inexperienced managers leading teams." (in 106 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership and Technology is poor" (in 77 reviews)
- "Salary is LOW so if you have poor lead quality then you're sunk in the income department." (in 69 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Groupon and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Featured Review
One of the best places to workJan 13, 2023 - Sales Onboarding Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management looks out for your best interests including career advancement. Employees help one another succeed despite role or tenure. Excellent work-life balance. You will be recognized for your hard work. I've been able to experience vertical career growth across and roles and departments during my time here.
There can be sizable changes made that affect multiple departments. Be prepared to reprioritize based on the current needs of the business.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Love it.May 24, 2023 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits and culture are fantastic. Probably the best training you can get as well. Lots of growth opportunities as well. Fun place overall.
Slight uncertainty at times, but that has been quite typical of this entire industry in the last year.
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
My last 8 yrs was the best, the company now going in another direction.Jun 9, 2023 - Anonymous/Employee in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible schedule, worked on a team that shared ideas, and I built a trusted rapport with all lines of business. I'm forever grateful for learning all the technical tools! I had a lot of from the old Groupon, that the new employees I hope you will experience. ERG activities, Summer Party (outdoors), Holiday Party and happy hour.
Lack of today's design and technological (AI) tools for implementation to processes for all lines of businesses. The private equity firm to runs Groupon did not get a chance to know the Groupon employees, the culture, and what the company meant to the employees. The wall was always up and that is how I knew my time was finished at Groupon. It was fun while it lasted, however, all things must come to an end. I wish Groupon all the best in all their future endeavors
- Former Employee★★★★★
DON’T WORK HERE!May 9, 2023 - Business Development ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Culture: made some great connections otherwise none
Unattainable goals: sets unrealistic goals for its employees, leading to high levels of stress and burnout among staff members. Frequent changes in commission and goals: has a reputation for changing commission rates and sales goals frequently, often with little notice or explanation. It creates a sense of instability and uncertainty among employees. Poor working conditions: There have been reports of poor working conditions at Groupon, no support from upper management Lack of transparency: lack of transparency in its business practices, including its commission structure The base pay is a joke and not livable especially for a place like ChicagoContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Run!May 22, 2023 - Office Support in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
3 years ago i would have given Groupon 5 stars. It used to be an amazing company. Covid and the decision that resulted killed Groupon. There were so many of us trying to keep the culture and fun throughout the pandemic, but unfortunately decisions made by those in the captain's chair changed everything.
Kedar.....enough said. The end of Groupon as we knew it. Although he's no longer the CEO the damage by the board's decision to appoint him is done. Groupon is no longer the incredible culture and environment we all knew and loved. Don't do it. Groupon is dead. Culture is dead. Office life is dead. We're all gone. Everyone who was not laid off was smart enough to jump ship. Just say No.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
The culture has turned toxicMay 19, 2023 - Software Engineer in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Get to learn a lot quickly
The company is mostly run by Czech investors. * Company is mostly hiring contractors. * Existing Groupon employees are seen as idiots. * Mostly only hiring Czech employees. * Constant wave of promotion freezes. * Promotion freezes are gone for now and only Czech employees get promoted and especially to senior positions. * A good number of filled positions are friends of the Czech leaders and in some cases have no experience in the role. * Existing employees are over worked since 70% of engineering let go. * Unrealistic deadlines assigned without any consideration for work required or existing workload. * Constant org restructures * Constant change in priorities * Do not apply for Groupon. There is no career path or job security.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Great place to learn, but has no soulMay 22, 2023 - Data Analyst in Seattle, WARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- good wlb - competitive pay - friendly team - 100% remote I got laid off around when PFC started taking over and cutting costs. Dusan strikes me as a leader with a vision to save his company's investment in Groupon, no matter what cost to employees or the culture.
- i got laid off - leadership can't decide what to do - company is failing - low employee morale
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Sinking ShipJan 11, 2023 - Software Engineer in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Come for the unlimited PTO, stay for the great people, had some of the best mid and senior level managers ever... Until they were either laid-off or left the company, it had great benefits compared to other places and the culture was great, lots of flexibility and very humane all the way to the Directors (from the VP level up its the absolute opposite) I have great memories from working here and when it was good, it was one of the best companies I've ever worked
In retrospective it's pretty sad, coming from the upbeat and very human way in which Aaron and John ran the company through the pandemic, to the collapse of everything that was good that happened afterwards, honestly should've seen it coming judging from the way Aaron was replaced even though he managed to keep the company and the morale of the workers from sinking through COVID. The new management is absolutely deaf, Pulse surveys thinned out and then disappeared specially when Layoffs happened and chaos became the norm, at times it felt like the CTO wanted to thin the headcount by destroying every process we had, and making every work day a miserable experience. Most of the great people I knew that worked there were laid off or gone, lots of rumors that the goal is and always was to offshore all the technology team which is at odds with the supposed "local destination" message they wanted to convey. Whatever this company was 5 or even 2 years ago, it clearly isn't anymore. Pretty sad outlook overall. Compensation was average to below averageContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
COVID Ruined a good thing/revealed bad thingsMay 25, 2023 - Account Manager in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
people are great in office perks
changes everyday after covid turned into a call center perks and parties are gone and the job is just people screaming at you about coupons.
- Former Employee★★★★★
Opportunity to Grow Skills & Network - Not Much ElseMar 23, 2023 - Content Specialist in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The team - specifically in Getaways - truly acted as a team with the mindset that we all were working towards the same goal. - Opportunity to take on more responsibility outside of daily role which brought an abundance of skill development and network growth. - 401k, insurance, and unlimited PTO. Since working at Groupon I went to another company with unlimited PTO and in comparison, Groupon made it possible for me to take a week off every quarter. Granted I worked hard for that but to be able to have as much vacation time as a European citizen really made it all worth it. But I guess that might depend on the team you were on, and given I worked in the getaways sector, vacation was obviously important to us all.
- Salary, this is where you build your resume and skills to get better pay. - Upward mobility - Politics
Groupon Reviews FAQs
Groupon has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 4,305 reviews left anonymously by employees. 44% of employees would recommend working at Groupon to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.
44% of Groupon employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Groupon 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.
According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Groupon to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.