Groupon Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

210.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Groupon~301291
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and very international(in 328 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and as long as you perform well you can pretty much be your own boss and do anything you want.(in 202 reviews)
  • "Work / Life balance is good(in 133 reviews)
  • "Good benefits offered to staff(in 94 reviews)
  • "unlimited PTO that you felt you could actually use(in 75 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management very lazy is their approach(in 242 reviews)
  • "Pay is low unless you're one of the chosen high ups and politics has everything to do with being chosen.(in 110 reviews)
  • "I have had 4 different managers and 3 different DSMs in 8months so nothing and no one is consistent.(in 101 reviews)
  • "Salary is LOW so if you have poor lead quality then you're sunk in the income department.(in 66 reviews)
  • "Senior Leadership and Technology is poor(in 62 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Groupon and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Great company culture with lots of opportunity to learn

Feb 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Non-hierarchical and supporting culture that moves at a fast pace, allowing for plenty of growth and learning opportunities. Plenty of flexibility and a strong diverse & inclusive culture across International.

Cons

Groupon is an ever-changing environment, we are always working on our next iteration. If you don't like change, then this won't be the place for you - but if you do, you'll see it as a big positive.

2. 5.0

They know sales

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great training program

Cons

Growth plateaus were an issue that caused them to lose great talent

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

May 23, 2022 - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture of engineering, very smart people

Cons

Bottom line drives a lot of business priorities

4. 4.0

Awesome!

May 17, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the culture and people who worked there!

Cons

Not very transparent from upper management.

5. 4.0

Good Spot

May 10, 2022 - Editorial Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, lovely workspace, perks are amazing

Cons

High expectations, lots of work, was let go when covid hit so job security may be hard to define

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unclear product strategy, too focused on short-term projects

May 18, 2022 - Data Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You'll learn a lot of full-stack data engineering skills, if that's what you're looking for.

Cons

The job isn't really "data science" according to the definition commonly accepted in the industry. The team doesn't do much modeling or machine learning. Rather, most of the day-to-day work concerns pipeline maintenance and data engineering. Also, the product owner doesn't always have a clear vision on strategic priorities or what the team should do next. Work is often handed to us in a piecemeal way, which leads to short-term focus and instability. Career growth is limited because the job isn't really differentiated between junior vs senior-level Data Scientists. So, even if you're promoted, you won't necessarily get increasing responsibility.

2 people found this review helpful

Groupon Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review about your time at Groupon. One of our values is "Ownership and Performance," which we think complements your experience. We want Grouponers to have the ability to take chances and learn by having a breadth of opportunities that may not be available somewhere else. That said, it's a delicate balance to strike between "autonomy" and "ambiguity," and we recognize there's always room for refinement there. This feedback is just as important to us internally, so we hope you had the chance to share these observations with your manager, leadership team, or in our anonymous pulse surveys. Thank you for the dedicated years you spent with Groupon, and we wish you the best of luck in your next adventure.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work

May 5, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and great salary

Cons

No cons. Really enjoyed working there

8. 4.0