Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.5

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview within a few days. My interview was with the previous Director of Development. It was a fairly casual interview with the standard questions asked about my previous experience and why I would be the best fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a volunteer becoming upset or angry at another volunteer?   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted about a month after I emailed my resume and asked to do a phone interview on a Monday. I was told I’d hear back by Friday, but I never did. Two weeks later I got another job and emailed them letting them know I wanted to withdraw my candidacy. I then received an email that they had moved on with another candidate. I’m not sure why this process took so long.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your experience with soliciting donations?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grass Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Grass Valley, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview started with a tour of the varying locations and then involved questions from a board of directors. Each part of the interview process took only one hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead change?
      What is your biggest leadership failure?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Excellent experience, met with a panel of people. After the phone screen it went pretty quick. the whole experience was not stressful at all. I received my offer letter within 48 hours.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Informal- met with two managers separately after filling out application. Immediately I talked with each of them maybe fifteen to twenty minutes; then got a call later that afternoon asking me to start as soon as possible.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

It was short and simple! I was hired on the spot. They went over what the job entailed and the hours they wanted me to work. They asked if I could pass a background check.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could work a particular shift. They asked about doing a background check on me.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Phone Interview after submitting resume. 25 minutes nothing out of the ordinary. I had not submitted or viewed the online application at this point. See details under interview questions to see why I did not pursue this position further.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job. what are you expecting for a salary. what work experience do you feel will benefit you in this position. Have you been to restore.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Eugene, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

This interview was with the Springfield-Eugene Habitat for Humanity. A three person panel interview comprised of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator, and the Development Director--all had prepared questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience writing and researching for grant proposals?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contact by the HR manager. We set up an interview and she was very accommodating to my schedule-. I met with two directors. Came back for second interview with three directors.

Longview Community Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Big Sandy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Big Sandy, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I sent a resume and somebody called me for an initial interview. And I told the person about my experience. And I'm going to submit some writing samples with e-mail.