Cover image for Habitat for Humanity

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 212 of over 212 interviews

Other8%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Tucson, AZ) in Jan 2023

Interview

The HR representative and the CEO had very little idea about the Marketing position & couldn't answer questions about the position. You could tell they were uncomfortable when I asked questions related to the position.

Interview Questions
  • They read off the job description and would ask me if I knew how to do items on the job description without checking on my resume that I listed that experience, They were ill-prepared for the interview,
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

I was invited to a first stage of interview remotely held (the role was UK based) and it did go well, basic questions about previous experience. Got cheered for my current experience, so I was very positive about getting a second stage. I had been told I would have been informed after a week or so, got ghosted. Never heard back.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Habitat for Humanity

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Habitat for Humanity? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Habitat for Humanity employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Habitat for Humanity

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen followed by a video interview with the hiring manager, then a team interview followed by an interview exercise. The process was a little lengthy, but the team is small and wanted to make sure they were choosing the right candidate. Everyone was so nice from start to finish and communication was always there!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Phone screening with recruiter followed by zoom interview with senior management, and in person meeting with construction supervisor at the project site in San Francisco. Interview was fairly straight forward and friendly

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Habitat for Humanity

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview

It was relaxed and the managers asked about experience, skills, no DUI's, no drugs, etc. I felt good about the process. I have not heard back yet but am satisfied how it went.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Habitat for Humanity

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview process was very slow, the hiring process took about 2 months. The team seems friendly. The HR was helpful. The interview was focused on getting to know me personally, rather than more professionally.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of a time you solved a conflict with a colleague? Why do you want to work here?

Habitat for Humanity

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in Jul 2022

Interview

I was invited to a 15 minute phone screen via Teams without video. The second interview was with the Director, camera on only lasted 30 mins. The final interview was a panel with the PR team; everyone was very nice, friendly and engaging. The questions were mainly about my experience and work style.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Omaha, NE) in Jul 2022

Interview

First interview was by phone for about 40 minutes. A second interview was set up to meet the manager. The HR employee stated she would get back to me with more details, she never did. After reaching out to her, she still didn't contact me. I was ghosted.

Interview Questions
  • What is your editorial experience? Also, how do I express being detail-oriented in my life outside of work? Which I thought was a poor question.

Habitat for Humanity

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview

Thorough and interesting screening call with Talent Acquisition that was followed by interview with hiring manager who had a clear vision. From there, I had interviews with key stakeholders. Impressed by talent, commitment and energy of members.

Interview Questions
  • Hiring Manager's dovetailed with job description. Stakeholders each had a specific need/interest in experience related to their roles/needs.
3 people found this interview helpful

Habitat for Humanity

Application

I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity

Interview

The entire process was pretty straightforward. I applied online and then waited to hear from HR. After some emails back and forth an interview was scheduled. At the time, everything was done virtually. Overall, the entire process was easy to navigate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 212 Interviews

Habitat for Humanity Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Habitat for Humanity as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.53 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Director and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Executive Director and Volunteer Coordinator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Habitat for Humanity takes an average of 28 days when considering 196 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Program Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 50 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Habitat for Humanity according to 196 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.51%