Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Habitat for Humanity

2.5

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Canton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

I was emailed within a couple of days to go in for an interview the next week. The interview was very informal. Two girls interviewed me on a set of couches in a large, shared office. They didn't ask me any questions that were difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• The girls who interviewed me did not seem to have a list of questions. They mostly talked about Habitat for Humanity and what the person hired would do in this particular role, and then would just ask me something like, "What do you think about doing that?" or "How would you feel about ___?" There were not any difficult questions, and I did not have many opportunities to speak, as most of the time was spent with the two girls explaining things that I had already read about on the website and in the job description.

I had read about other interviews on Glassdoor and felt what was said about interviewing for Habitat was pretty accurate to my experience.   Answer Question

Construction Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity in December 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. 3 way questions and answers. Manager and Director were very nice.
    Interview took about 40 minutes. Request for background check and drug test came about 10 days after initial interview.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by members of the Board of Directors. They were more concerned about my experience and did not do a great job of explain the role and job description. Only later was this explained by the fact that the B.O.D. was really not involved in the day to day of the affiliate. As such the affiliate was in disarray but this only became evident after being hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that caught me off guard or were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary offered was above average for a non-profit.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online and immediately was called and had a phone interview with a member of HR. Basic questions (why do you want this job? what are you doing now?) Was called back days later and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with three different attorneys. I thought the interviews went quite well, and was in the main office for over three hours. I followed up with the HR contact every other week for about a month and a half. Was given cursory responses. After about three months (and me finally just giving up on the job) I was told the company had decided not to hire anyone for the position. I guess business is business but it would have been nice to have been at least given a "thank you for your time and interest."

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a Christian based workplace?   1 Answer

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We went and had coffee, discussed the role and whether or not I was a fit for it. It was determined that I was and now I sit here at my desk typing this. I really don't have much to say but I have to hit a 30 word min. It was very informal, as are most interviews in real estate development.

Web Content Editor Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while. I applied for the job online and then didn't hear back from anyone for a couple of months. After that, though, things moved pretty quickly. I interviewed with 5 people, I think -- the communications director, a few editors, and the web developers.

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but they said my number wasn't in the budget. For a nonprofit organization, though, they paid a competitive salary.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Casselberry, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was quick and very personal. The interviewer made you feel at home. I was asked why I wanted to work there, if I knew what Habitats goals were, what makes me think I'm suited to work this job. I was also asked about my background/things listed on my resume.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was no interview for the internship, but the employer told me information their organization and the job description. The employer mentioned what they expect me to do for the internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Denver, CO).

Interview

Great experience overall. Organized and sincere. Interested in wanting to make the experience the best for me. Wanted the internship to be a learning experience and interesting. Interview was very casual but they wanted to get to know me, too.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to learn during your time as an intern?   Answer Question