Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Habitat for Humanity Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Shady-Offered Salary---gave hourly with promise of OT "to protect you" then took back OT.....Never expected HfH to lie in an interview...but that was just the beginning of what was done to all of us.

Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Bloomington, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They were really accommodating when setting up the interview. It was a full panel interview with multiple staff members and Board members present. Each person asked multiple questions. There was only one round of interviews, but they mentioned a potential second round if deemed necessary.

Interview Questions

• How are you in dealing with people from different faiths?   Answer Question

Repair Foreman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Oakland, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Oakland office. It's a little difficult to find if you have never been their so give yourself a little time. It's actually in the beautiful church you'll see on the corner.

First I had a phone conversation with HR. I was told she would forward my resume to the appropriate place and she did! I revived a phone interview later in the week. After the phone interview I was called and asked to come in for a face 2 face a few days later.

At the interview, I met with three different people. The first person I met be my direct supervisor then the next two were his supervisors. Originally I was to also interview with someone involved in the hiring process but they weren't available that day. Things happen, I just really appreciate their transparency.

However all three people I met with would be wonderfull to work, likeminded intelligent and professional.

After the end of the rather thorough three hour interview I felt as if my experience was perfect and that I would make a great member of the team. I definitely impressed mysel!

At the end of the interview my potential supervisor was instructed to take me to meet the HR rep. I felt as if this was a good sign however unfortunately I wasn't told when or if I would be notified of the decision. I maybe should have been direct. I am currently mulling over and delaying as best I can a job opportunity that is far more money but doesn't have what Habitat has.

The people and the passion to do what I know I was meant to do.

Well we'll see. Good luck

Interview Questions

• How could you motivate a volunteer that wasn't neccesarialy motivated to help the cause.   Answer Question

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well with the HR representative, followed by a second in-person interview with the development supervisor -- was told a third interview with other development associate staff would be follow if candidacy was to proceeds. Both interviews went very smoothly and provided great company culture. Still waiting and looking forward to their response.

Human Resources Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

HR Director missed my interview on 3 different occasions and never made an effort to give me a proper date when it was rescheduled. She just said expect a call in the afternoon. The most unprofessional interviewing experience I've ever had

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Long interview process, hard to get the manager on the phone after the call you and leave a message. Clearly didn't care about the candidate experience because they could never confirm an interview and expected you as the interviewee to just be ok with it. Sorry we're just busy right now was the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working on multiple different project with multiple different deadlines and all needing to be completed right away?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. They wanted to know if I would be comfortable with a high stress environment with many moving parts. It was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words, why do you want this job, why are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity.

Interview

Applied via career website -> phone interview by the manager within a few days -> scheduled an on-site interview -> manager explaining the details of the job -> 1st manager interviewed me -> another manager interviewed me -> both interviewed me at the same time -> Done!

Institutional Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Tyler, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Moderately formal, but friendly and focused on skills, potential for the organization, and personal integrity. They looked for a balance of skill, honesty, and your work ethic, which must be solid.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelso, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Habitat for Humanity (Kelso, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was seclude for my interview at 9:30 at Habitat for Humanity. I was on time. Dressed for success. My interview went very well. He hired me for a part time position. I will start tomorrow and work 20 hours a week. He review all the Hazards assonated with the Job. Dewayne was very professional and respectful.

Interview Questions

• What would like to learn from this Job.   1 Answer