Havertys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Havertys (Birmingham, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

The initial interview was about 45 mins in length. It consisted of 3 stages of meeting with store manager, General manager, and Regional Manager which all were relatively the same time in length. Typical questions regarding previous employment and experiences. Name specific situations with regards to situational leadership and what were the responses from you and your team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your most proud moments within your professional career?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Havertys (Franklin, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

First Interview - I received a phone call 3 days after applying online from a manager at the corporate office regarding the position. He asked basic questions about my experience relating to the position, my current job situation and then laid out the job outline and travel requirements. We concluded the call by setting up a time 2 days later where I was to come into the closest Havertys and interview with the same person via video conference. The catch was that I had to have a 15 minute training session prepared to conduct at the beginning, which could be "about anything".

Second Interview - In the empty office of the store manager I was told to wait for a call and when I answered and set up the camera the interviewer told me to jump right into the training. I did a brief version of something I had taught at my last job and it was more technical than sales-y. Afterwards, we spoke for another 45 minutes which was 90% him asking questions that I'll try my best to remember and 10% me asking questions at the end. He concluded by stating how far long in the process they were (1 month) and when I could expect to hear for him him (within 1 week) to see if I made it though to the next round of interviews which would likely be another video conference with him and his boss, or just his boss.

Third Interview - I received a call the next morning from the person I interviewed with. He told me that he had given my information to the area manager and that he may be contacting me that day to set up an interview unrelated to the training position and that this was in no way an indication that I had not been cut, so to speak from consideration for the Trainer job. The manager called that afternoon and set up an interview in 4 days' time. That's where I'm at now, waiting for the interview with the area manager

Overall Impression - Even if I am out of the running for the training position the act of having the interviewer pass along my contact info to set up an interview with the store manager about other positions left me with a very positive view of the not only the process, but the company overall. If you have a background facilitating training this would be considered an average interview in my opinion, although the 15 training session was a bit awkward at first because you're teaching at a 5 inch screen with no one else there but the Q&A session was standard.

Interview Questions

• Please have a 15 minute training session that you are prepared to conduct at the beginning of the interview.   1 Answer
    • What aspect of your training background makes you the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about some of the training you have conducted and/or created?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with customer interaction and commission-based sales?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had an attendee disrupt a training and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Havertys (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very interactive. I was asked to train the interviewee on a chosen topic. The first thing that took place was my training then 15 minutes into the interview I completed my training and the interviewee asked numerous situational questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about my previous experience.   1 Answer

Home Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Havertys in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very long and quite rigourous line of questioning. The interviewer admitted that this was a new format that they were made to utilize. There were many scenario questions that you had to answer to with real past experience from other jobs. You could not repeat answers or skip questions. With the interviewer was Hdesign manager. The position I was interviewing for was not explained very well and so I really had no clue what type of job I was accepting.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to complete a massive task on your own. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Havertys (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, 2-3 people in each interview. It was pretty nerve racking because I had never interviewed for three people before. They didn't even seem all that interested in me, or so I felt. But I did get the job and we connected on a few levels, creatively & personally.

Interview Questions

• What's your design process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

After filling out an online application and list of questions I was called in for an interview. The manager was busy in his office and the office manager asked me to wait until he was finished.
    After an hour wait I asked the office manager if I should come back at another time. She checked with the manager and for some reason he forgot he had an appointment with me and left the building. She tried to reach him on his cell phone but didn't get an answer. I left and expected to get another call. They never called. I called and asked to speak to the manager but he was busy. In fact he was too busy to ever return my call. It was good to learn about this before getting a job there. With this type of treatment I now understand why they are always advertising for sales people.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get to be interviewed. The manager forgot about our appointment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havertys (Nashville, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

Walked in to buy furniture and was offered a job. Interview process was to take a test on a computer.......just lie and say you are awesome and you will work 100 hours per week.

Talked to the manager for a couple of hours in conversation about whatever and went to work after a drug test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Commission based

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Longview, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I waited in the lobby for twenty minutes. The manager asked me questions for two hours. He toured everything I said out on his computer into a form he made himself. He asked things that had nothing to do with my experience or sales. It was mostly character questions. He got up and left several times to talk to other people about non important issues. Very rude. I never even got a return phone call letting me know anything.

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Havertys (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

-Fill out pertinent questionnaire pertaining to sales
    -Personal presentation important
    -Interviewed personally by store manager and regional manager
    -Personality Test
    -Routine drug test
    -Background check
    -The percentage of commission is based on delivered merchandise; A 5% Commission is paid on delivered merchandise from $40K to $67.5K, 6% above $67.5K to $92.5K, 7% above $92.5 to $115

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have selling furniture?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option, a straight salary of $2000 per month for a 2 month probationary period. A 5% Commission is paid on delivered merchandise from $40K to $67.5K, 6% above $67.5K to $92.5K, 7% above $92.5 to $115

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Havertys (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Checked in at front desk. Asked to fill out a application hand written even though I had done it
    all online. (no biggie I comply) Store manager interviews me asking a series of questions that I found uncomfortable. I got the feeling she was a accountant and had never worked on the sales floor. She did not convience me on her or Havertys.The Store manager was cold and
    distant, made me feel small and inadequate. Not a people person at all.
      I asked about the pay and benefits. In reguards to pay no information could be given other than its 5% commission and stocks are publically traded. It was explained to me if you dont make our goals of $45,000 a month you will be let go. Wow I am sure thats true but really you
    had to mention that in a interview ?
       I left thinking sure hope they do not offer me a position. Although it was not for me the interview process worked well and I discovered it was not for me. I have about 20 years of sales experience in sales and management.