Havertys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Havertys (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application included assessment. In person interview in 2 weeks. I thought the interview went great. There is a personality test. I never got a call back but I know all about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you changed a negative situation into a positive one.   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Rogers, AR).

Interview

I received a phone call within a day of submitting my resume. The interview was set that very week. The store had not opened yet and the interview was held in a private area of a nice hotel nearby. I received some forms to complete and asked a variety of questions regarding my experience and qualifications. I also had the opportunity to ask my own questions. The interview went well and ended up lasting over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Role Play: If you were the designer and your client wanted ___ what would you recommend?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Havertys (Savannah, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Send App
    Wait for call to schedule interview
    2 interviews then week wait for background and drug screen
    Call back for job offer and to set starting date. Not a bad experience at all. Just time consuming.

In-Home Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havertys in May 2016.

Interview

Informational. Thorough. Enjoyable conversation. Very comfortable atmosphere once interviewed by store manager and reps. Would suggest explaining full process before making plans to meet for an interview. Really enjoyed meeting future coworkers

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to handle a difficult situation between a yourself and a client   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Havertys.

Interview

i applied online, after a week i was called for an interview.
    on the interview day, i filled out an application and sat with the branch manager who was very cool and so easy to get along with. he liked me very much and said that i answered all the questions very well. asked me for 2 references and called them on the spot. he said he will call me once he hears back from the 2nd reference since he didn't answer the call. still waiting for a call

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Mobile, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was one hour and thirty minutes long maybe but smooth. I went to guest services and was given an application to fill out. After I filled out the application I gave it to the employee at guest services. I was told to wait after the interviewee before me and that only to maybe 10 minutes. The store manager then came and called for me, and I went into his office. The store manager read over my application and ask questions about it. Questions like, why did you leave this company, and why you want to work for this company, where do you see yourself in five years, do you understand the responsibilities and commitment of this job. I answered honestly on my reason why because I have a personal goal of working in Sales and building a successful career. We then went to scenario questions about previous work experiences. After the interview, I ask my interviewer questions like, how long have you been working for the company, why do you enjoy it. (Which is a good thing to always do.) The interviewer then informed me of the pay, hours, and training. It was possible if offered the position that I would have to travel out of state for a week of intense training. The interview was easy you just have to do your research, be confident and, comfortable. I will know the decision in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel like you would succeed at this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Havertys (Charleston, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Did assesment online. I usually hate those. Havertys was direct and easy. Got an immediate e-mail saying a Mgr would call me. Got the call within 24 hrs. I am 65 and felt no age descrimination. Store manager was very direct about his style of management and how good the company would be to work for. He asked many questions. Not just the ones below. I would say he gave me a fair consideration. He explained he was writing down my answers and i suppose submitting same to HR or next person up the line? The online assessment was easy. The interview was in alot of ways geared around a team work atmosphere, so that felt good. But some of the questions were very different from what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were yelled at and what was your response.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with alot of people and how did you feel about that   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work alone and how did you feel about that.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about seeing someone doing something dishonest or un-ethical, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Havertys (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and received a follow-up email from a store manager for an interview.

Met with the general manager of the location and she was very nice and open about what the position is and how to be successful.

Moved onto a second interview with the area manager which was sort of the same.

It was a straight up professional sales interview and hiring process.

Drug test background check reference check all standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior sales experience?   1 Answer

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Havertys in November 2015.

Interview

Process took a couple of days.
    I applied randomly on career builder and the manager called me within five minutes. We talked about my availability and the next day I had an interview. Took an assessment and drug test the next day. I was then working two days later. During the interview, they both explained what the position was and described a typical day.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Havertys (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very interactive. I was asked to train the interviewee on a chosen topic. The first thing that took place was my training then 15 minutes into the interview I completed my training and the interviewee asked numerous situational questions about my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions about my previous experience.   1 Answer