Heartland Hospice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Heartland Hospice

2.3

Per Diem Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Allentown, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. You came in for an interview with the Nurse manager, and other people stopped by to say hello and introduce your self. You leave and they call you if they wish to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why Hospice? Do you have experience with hospice? Are you a team player? Are your hours flexible?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, and therefore, I am significantly underpaid compared to my peers. I have 20 years as a RN experience, and I am making the lowest pay I have ever made.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter over the phone. Scripted questions, very polite. Next one was in office with the DPS and another manager. Again, very timely, professional, and polite. Typical interview questions. Why us? Experience? What is special about you?

Interview Questions

• Describe your best supervisor and what made them great?   Answer Question

Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Independence, OH).

Interview

Applied online, including resume, and then received a phone call setting up an in person interview with Hospice Coordinator at location site. Upon arrival for the interview, I was informed the coordinator had left the office already, no one was prepared to conduct an interview, and was given no instructions as to what to next. The receptionist was shocked no one had called me. I contacted the Heartland recruiter who had set up the interview and she tried to set up another interview. Shortly after, I received a phone call from HR saying the job was not even available in that city (like it had been posted on the Heartland website!), but one at a completely different location!

A complete waste of time and energy. A revealing sign of the level of disorganization and dysfunction in this company (and location.) Other Glassdoor reviewers sound as if they have had similar experiences.

Interview Questions

• If I was available to reschedule interview.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Stockbridge, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

you apply online the volunteer coordinator will contact you and have you come in for a brief presentation and fill out paperwork. The paperwork is a lot and you will get tired of reading everything but it is important that you complete the packet. They will give you enough time to complete the paperwork. You are also given a TB test so be prepared for that. Once background check is clear you will be offered the internship

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice.

Interview

Phone calls to senior management on the regional and divisional level after a screening interview with a recruiter. The process was quick since they had a deadline to hire someone. Overall it was a very busy process.

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on line.
    Contacted by corporate recruiter. Interview date set. Person scheduled to interview me was not available. Interviewed with someone else. Was then contacted by the recruiter and I shared my experience. Four weeks later I was contacted for a second interview via email by someone locally. Interviewed and offered the job. Provided references, never checked to my knowledge. Only test was a drug screen.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Orange, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Many typical interview tactics are utilized by this management team: long wait in reception before being let in, good cop bad cop, multiple distractions during interview by manager with phones and excusing herself, etc Very distracting.

Interview Questions

• How would you distinguish Heartland?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Augusta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

Grueling tri-metrics personality test with bizarre questions. The interview process was simple and easy. Decisions were made timely and the company was eager to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing about "selling" a service instead of a product   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered twice before arriving at the compensation package I desired. Negotiations were done in person and the team was very responsive.

Account Liaison Interview

Interview

Too many distractions, getting too many information from you and it has to be specific especially about your existing clients.. I'm not comfortable with that because contact persons are confidential, they are not my reference people why do I need to divulge those informations.

Interview Questions

• Where do I get the bulk of my sales? This is where they want to get the informations that I mentioned earlier..   1 Answer

Team Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Heartland Hospice (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through HCR-ManorCare website. A phone call was made to schedule an interview within a week. Met with Office Manager to go over my background and to get more details about the position. Went over my experience and agreed to take a background check. Met with Director of Nursing Staff and spoke on the very same things.