Highmark Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Camp Hill, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was very nice and personable. Three people interviewed and asked me some puzzles but mainly personal experience was focused on. Very good group of people. Personal skills go a long way at this place.

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Camp Hill, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. Easy questions were asked based on JAVA and OOP. There was a lot o f anticipation but the interview was much simpler than anticipated. They also asked behavioral questions like ambitions and goals and other such general questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a phone call with a third party recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions like Why Highmark, availability etc. Nothing unusual. The recruiter said I will hear back in 10 days.Still haven't heard back. Tried calling to ask about the status of the application. Each time I was told that status will be conveyed through email even if not considered for next stages. Did not receive any email till now. Very negative Experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There are 4 interviewers. Three of them asked me behavioral questions at first. It last about 20 minutes. Then the technical leader asked me about basic database and Java Programming knowledge. The interview last about 35 min. In general, they are kind and the atmosphere is good.

Interview Questions

• One behavioral question is how do I deal with problems in group work? Give an example.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Technical and Management questions together asking more on technical side first and then turning to management questions about group related project work. How you dealt in the group? how someone was behaving, like that kind of questions.

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Camp Hill, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process consists of 2 rounds. Initial behavioral round, if cleared, tech round with 2 people.tech interview will be on basic OOP concepts and some managerial questions. Fairly easy interview for strong programming background people.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions and questions about previous projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Highmark Health.

Interview

Went to join fair heard they were hiring. Applied online, recieve phone call with in 1 to 2 months. Had an interview with two different managers same exact layout each time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Terrible experience:
    I just graduated and got my master degree. I applied online and got a phone interview 2 weeks after. Our interview started at 9 am. The interviewer was so sleepy when doing the interview with me over the phone. He asked me twice: did you read the job description (I read about 10-20 times before the interview) and then asked me to explain the job functions ...I felt really weird and disappointed answering all these questions. And he asked me about the system or product design like solid or agile and product management.
    It was an associate consultant position. All he asked were not in the job description. I have no idea why I have to have experience in project management to get an associate consultant role. He didn't ask me anything about my experience or projects on the resume.
    After the phone call, I was writing a thank you letter. I was not able to finish it because I got a rejection letter 5-10 minutes after the call.

Interview Questions

• did you read the job description
      explain the job functions
      SOLID
      Project Management   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

Terrible HR, especially targeted at specific recruiters. Was made an offer verbally and in person after the interview without an official offer several months later. Recruiter was unresponsive and then reached out for additional roles without ever following through.

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on previous project management and IT implementation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Highmark Health (New York, NY).

Interview

They invited me to Pittsburgh for an interview and paid for flight and hotel. I interviewed with four managers from different divisions of HM Health Solutions. They seemed familiar with my resume asked different aspect of my experience

Interview Questions

• What are the most important characteristics of a consultant?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark Health.

Interview

They had a day interview that consisted of multiple behavioral rounds and a group case. Day went very smooth but the lead recruiter was unprofessional. Told the group to email him for travel reimbursement, but similar to what others have said, was never given a response. The company seemed nice, but little things like lying to employees and potential employees probably explains why they are so poorly reviewed.