Highmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.5

Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

This was not really an interview as much as it was a brief phone call, because all she was concerned about was my salary requirement. Unless you are unemployed don't bother applying here because they are only concerned with paying you as little as possible.

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Easy. Manager already had most of the information about me from the resume I submitted. The interview was more about meeting the candidate and qualifying the cultural fit. There was some discussion about specific technology skills and research software/applications/subscriptions experience level. There was a post interview walk around the department, meeting some of the future co-workers. I was informed in the interview that they had not layed off employees in 10 years. Unfortunately, I believed that. Seven months later there was a company wide layoff; I made it through the first cut, but not the subsequent cut.

Interview Questions

• Describe your technology skills, how would you rate your skills with all of the Microsoft Office applications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Challenging. Difficult to get the salary I was worth.

Call Center Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was a brief synopsis of future plans. Hiring manger map out the different departments. I met with another employee of the team. I was ask to confirm if my license is current.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy - they asked a lot of technology related questions although I would say the position is more about effective communication than successful ability to use technology. The entire interview took approximately 40 minutes, and was fairly laid back and casual.

Interview Questions

• Teach me how to do something.
      Describe a time you had a technological problem and how you resolved it.
      How comfortable are you working on a computer for extended periods of time?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given almost no time to consider the offer; I was given 24 hours to accept or decline.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Highmark (Wilmington, DE) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the job. I received an phone call to set up for an interview a week later after I applied for the job. I went to the interview and didn't hear back from them.

Clinical Informatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position via a recruiter. I set up an in-person interview the week after my initial application. The interview was 2-on-1 with a supervisor and someone who had been in the position for a few years. I received an offer three days after the initial interview, which I accepted. The offer came through a recruiter, so no negotiation occurred.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. The conversation flowed from there. No personality battery or other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Erie, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Took about a month to be hired. I applied online and did the online assessment they sent. After that I was offered an interview within the next couple of days. I interviewed and it was fairly easy. The supervisor I interviewed with was really nice. Typical interview questions. I was offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to present a suggestion against the majority and how did it work out.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Highmark (Erie, PA).

Interview

The interview consisted first of a description of the job duties and responsibilities and the benefits offered, followed by a series of scenario questions and questions about person attributes. Finally I was asked about any possible issues or impediments to my ability to do the job,

Interview Questions

• Describe a past workplace situation in which I had to resolve a problem for a very upset and frustrated customer, and tell me how well you thought you did   Answer Question
    • I was asked to deveiop a plan of action and a resolution to a likely scenario that I would encounter on the job, The scenario involved resolving an issue about payment denial on a customer's recent medical claim.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Wilmington, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of questions that has nothing to do with the job they were more based on whether or not the person that I'm sitting next to likes me and how I would handle it

Interview Questions

• if you had to work with someone that you used to date in the company how would you handle yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but I will say when I interviewed I was told that I will be in a 12 week class it was cut down to six weeks and we were told we have to pay for parking on our first day but that wasn't told to us during the interview that would have help in making my decision on whether not I want to leave previous company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Highmark (Wilmington, DE) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted a Resume to a recruiter. Received a few written questions that I had to answer, mostly technical, and somewhat detailed. Then a phone interview. The description of what they were looking for had little to do with the questions I was asked or what they seemed to think they were hiring for. The job was billed as a development position, but in reality it was production support. They made it clear that work-life balance was not a priority.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you would use to debug a process.   1 Answer