Highmark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Highmark Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

There was a phone interview with several senior members and was brought in for a face-to-face interview the following week. I felt very welcomed and that they were interested in what I had to say as well as what my goals were with joining their team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very Lengthy for 4 hrs. Mostly repeated questions by all the members from highmark. There was a manager who invited majority of the members from highmark to talk to me with repeated questions. Got bored , finally there is no offer. sad part if usually in interview there will be max of 3 to 5 people but this guy invited whole office as if there is some fair in highmark.

Interview Questions

• there were too many they got a questionnaire booklet :-)   Answer Question

Outreach Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark (Wilmington, DE) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview took place face to face onsite
    with a single individual. Interview was brief and consisted of about 5-6 questions. Questions were relatively easy to answer with multiple parts. Was also able to discuss prior work experience and qualifications.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

Group interview with several members of the IT department. I declined the job offer because salary was less than desired. However, the interviewers were very professional and the office was nice.

Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

6 interviews over 1 day. Interviewed by people at or above the level of the position. No major surprises. Overall I was very unimpressed with the lack of sophistication of the staff. Some were paranoid, others had no drive to advance.

Regulatory Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online, had two phone interviews. First phone interview was with a hiring director and the second was with the position supervisor. The first phone interview was short while the second was a longer discussion. There was a little confusion about the position because it was listed in a different city but there was allegedly a possibility that it could be based in a different city.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to conflict with someone you worked with and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy and cumbersome. I had to complete an inordinate number of phone and face to face interviews before I was hired. The process was a mix of phone, 1:1 and face to face interviews, including personality tests and interviews with HR evaluators and an outside agency

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a decision with inadequate amount of information, how would you go about making the decision?   Answer Question

Space Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Highmark (Camp Hill, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I Was contacted quickly after submitting my application. I went through the employee reference site. I was Interviewed with two people and took a little more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel day trips   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

it was well organized, starting with a round of phone interviews, followed by onsite. it took much longer than anticipated though, which was fine in my case but usually 5 months would be considered unreasonable.

Director, Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Excruciatingly slow process with minimal communication from HR throughout.
    Posted for position around Labor Day, heard nothing until mid October when they scheduled phone interviews for November.

Got a note from recruiter around Thanksgiving that they wanted to bring (fly) me in for interview .

Then absolute silence until late January, 2 months after last contact. They flew me in to HQ in early February for about 5 hours of nonstop revolving interviews, most of which had insufficient time for the interviewers to ask their "assigned" questions and allow me any meaningful time to ask questions about the department or the company.

As others noted, they require you to front hotel & local ride service expenses for later reimbursement that took another 30 days!

No offer yet, but wouldn't accept after this experience coupled with other recent poor reviews herein.

Update: as of 5/1/17, 3 months after in-person interview & 8 months after initially posting, got a rejection letter, but already started a new job with better opportunities & prospects!