Hilti North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.9

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was asked to schedule a phone interview a month later, two weeks later I was flown to Texas for interviews with team members. One of those interviews was in person and the other was a Skype interview. My computer stopped working during the Skype interview and then it was cut short which was extremely frustrating because I did not get the same opportunity as the other two candidates who were interviewing with me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to improve a character weakness   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter at Hilti after speaking with them at a career fair. She scheduled an interview for me with the lady I spoke with at the fair and another gentleman. I had the interview a week later and they informed me of their decision a couple of weeks after that.

Account Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

-The recruiting specialist reached out to me for a phone screen interview; this was scheduled the following day
    -The following week, I had a Skype interview with regional managers and district manager from their respected territories and segments
    -The following week, Hilti flew me out to my potential territory for the "field ride."
    -I received an offer immediately after the ride...16 days after the recruiting specialist reached out to me.

Civil Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked me trick questions about the sales process. They asked me to describe what I think the role will be then judged me for my response. In my opinion, the interview was set up to trick me into giving answers I could not possibly have the answers for going in.

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with behavior base questions requiring specific answers to situation as to action and results. Required to take 2 online assessments to proceed to face to face interview. Second interview included more of the situation, action and result questions as well as exhibiting sales ability. Final interview with division manager kept along the same pattern.

Interview Questions

• What is an area of competency that you have improved most in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

Found posting on my university's career website and applied online. Received a call a couple of days later and had a phone interview. I was then invited to an interview day consisting of a company tour, self presentation and three(hour long) interviews with two interviewers each. I really appreciated how thorough they were and e

Interview Questions

• How have you applied what you have learned in Supply Chain to your current job?
      How do you know you work efficiently?
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem at work without being told to?
      What experience have you had working in teams without instructions from your instructor?
      What is a book you are currently reading/favorite book?
      What is your favorite course you have taken?
      Why supply chain/logistics?
      Why Hilti?
      *Also spoke extensively about organizations*
      Answer Question

Interview

I applied online. After, I received an email asking for the best time to speak with one of their recruiters over the phone. I had two phone interviews, one with one recruiter and another interview with a different one. The first one moved to a new role while in my process so I basically had to start fresh with someone who was going to be there the whole interview process. I don't remember a lot about the first recruiter but the second was personal, friendly and easy to talk to. I didn't feel like I was in an interview just sitting down with someone having a normal back and forth conversation. Then later, I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone and email to schedule a face to face interview in Tulsa at their CS headquarters. He was very passionate about Hilti and seemed to have my best interest at heart. After getting a face to face scheduled I traveled to Tulsa for a different personal reason and was going to meet with them while I was in town. Only the weather didn't cooperate and Hilti sent everyone home the day of my interview due to an incoming blizzard. My face to face interview had to be rescheduled. The hiring manager was very apologetic and told me he would definitely be meeting with me at a safer date and time. He traveled to Houston, TX, where I lived, for a recruiting opportunity at a nearby college campus and I was able to drive and meet with him for a face to face interview. This interview was more formal but still felt very comfortable. Then they flu me to Tulsa to have a face to face interview with the District manager, campus tour, comprehensive testing and a ride along with a current customer service representative on the phones. This was the most formal part of the interview process. After it all I was given my offer letter before I left to return to the airport to head back to Houston. My interview process was by no means a normal interview process for Hilti. I have heard many other stories and mine was the longest. October 2013- May 2014.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are two of your weaknesses / strengths?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you would handle an angry customer. Give me an example of something similar in your past with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. The inside sales role / customer service is standard across the board.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America in October 2016.

Interview

They interviewed me at my school then asked me to come into a Hilti center as soon as possible. They where very nice and easy to talk to how every they really where looking for certain answers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 2 people interviews. Not hard,but just annoying. They don't want scum bags, so they are very thorough. A lot about making sure the customer is number 1 and always takin care of.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hilti North America (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Once I passed initial screening an on-site interview with the hiring manager was scheduled. 3 weeks later HR called and said hiring manager would reach out for another interview. I was contacted the next day and 2nd on-site interview was scheduled. Following week I did a day in the field (van ride) with a local account manager. Two weeks later I was told an offer would be coming but a new position opened... Long story short, 2+ month process and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1-3 year goals and 5-10 year goals? Tell me about a hard sale and how you handled? Tell me about a customer problem that you resolved? Tell me about a problem with co-worker and how you resolved? Tell me about a customer objection and how you overcame? What are your top 3 strengths/qualities? Are you willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer giving accept or not.