Holland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland Interview Questions

Interviews at Holland

1.9

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

Initial communication was a phone call. Questions were pretty standard. Requirements at that time were one hundred thousand miles and no accidents over the past five.

Negotiation

Union Scale

City Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

If you are breathing can pass the dot physical and drug test they will hire you. They have a high turn over rate and can't keep enough people to get the job done timely.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Very good interview. Background checks, Physicals, Physical test. It takes a few days to get threw it all. But well worth it. It's a very detailed process. Only hires the best.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Phone Interview with Local Manager. Phone Interview with V.P. of Sales. Face to Face interview with Local Manager and Terminal Manager. They require a Meyer-Briggs Type Indicator test (personality psych test) which upper management finds to be a useful tool in hiring the right candidate. Assertive, aggressive, persuasive persons who are good listeners are their target candidates.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer stood.

Linehaul Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holland in July 2007.

Interview

Very basic, the interview process was long and drawn out for no good reason. Apparently the Terminal Manager does not have the authority to make a hiring decision, so they must wait for the corporate office to make the decision on their behalf. I took the job when it was finally offered though I often wish I had not. The interview and hiring process was an indicator of things to come, I chose to ignore that.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the interview was strictly conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland in May 2019.

Interview

It was so lengthy, I ended up finding a new job. The process took over a month. It was an extremely long process for no reason. I would not recommend unless you want to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself with the company long term?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland (Holland, MI).

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I have been through jobs with 5 interviews and rejected, and this place had an offer in writing on the very first interview.

There was no technical assessment, which proved to a mistake for the employer as they got a mismatch of skills. They eventually let me go after just 4 weeks.

If you have the chance to interview with them, make sure YOU interview them so that you don't end up like myself. Our team had a high turnover rate and I attribute it to their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager and other team member interviewed me and they wanted to know my work history and academic history. They wanted to give me an offer on the first interview so they went ahead and set me up with HR the same day for a STAR-based interview.

A lot of normal STAR questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay enough to make you pretty much say, "not bad". The vacation time is accrued and there is no negotiation the HR department sets that. No 401k matching (company wide policy).

There was a 43 hour mandatory work week that was not made clear during the interview. I would try and run that by them and ask them to clarify and try and negotiate it back down to a 40 hour workweek (citing work/life balance or you have kids or something)

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

Based off the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. Pretty simple.

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holland (Holland, MI).

Interview

Long drawn out interview process. Once you get a face to face interview you get an unexperienced interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

typical interview process you need to speak with the supervisor of the department and the VP of sales. Than you have to pass a personality survey to see if your a fit for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not negotiate for this postion