Holland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holland Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on a Monday, email confirmation that the application was sent to the Hiring Manager Tuesday morning, Tuesday afternoon an interview was set up for Wednesday. I arrived to the interview early and met with HR and the Hiring Manager who were both welcoming and polite. I then had a one on one interview with HM that lasted about one hour. Some personal questions to get to know each other but most other questions pertained to prior supervisory experience. It seemed to be a great benefit to have had prior experience working with teamsters. Waited about 6 days for an offer after completion of a personality test (taken online), accepted the offer pending drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to reprimand/discipline an employee?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had to deal with union members as a supervisor?   1 Answer

P&L Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland (Birmingham, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Its very long and time consuming. They look at detais of no significance to driving. Have to go thru hoops to get a call back. Not told about union or how long you have to be here to get a good decent run. Not told about shape of equipment.

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland (Joliet, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Asked basic personality questions and if I know how to work a forklift. Afterwards, I had to go to the nearest clinic and submit a urine sample for the drug test. Lastly, I filled in paperwork and I started the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to operate a forklift?   2 Answers

City Driver/Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland (Tomah, WI).

Interview

Interview was a through process. Easy. Nice guy. Going through step one of the process. They will talk to you and explain everything. Step one is the MVR, Step 2. is drug testing and agility test. I am currently waiting for my mvr to come back and hoping the agility test goes okay when i do it.

Interview Questions

• He didnt ask me any questions. He explained everything about the company and was also explaining about the dock to driver program is. Also explained the process of getting into the company is.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked 3 questions and then explained what the job would be like. I am waiting on a background check, and hopefully I'll get the call to continue with the rest of the hiring process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holland (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The first 30 minutes of the interview was with the Terminal Manager and then the Operations Manager joined us for the last hour. The interview consisted of a review of the resume, basic questions regarding experience in the LTL industry, and previous employment. No STAR format questions were asked. Received a follow-up email the next day with a link to complete a personality profile. It has been over a month and I have not heard back from them since - no offer. Good overall experience though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; what experience do you have in the LTL industry; why should we hire you...   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland.

Interview

This company has an extreme lack of integrity in its hiring process. The process took over a month, over the course of which a background check, interview, driving test, and drug screen was completed. It was communicated that I passed each step along the way, and offer of employment was extended (including verbally and in writing via email) and accepted. A two week notice was left at current employer after accepting offer of employment with Holland. A few days later, a form email was sent from corporate basically saying "thanks for your application but we have decided to pursue other candidates whose background and experience more closely match our current needs". Upon inquiring with the local HR person about this email and offer status, I was told that "corporate" sometimes makes these decisions and this has happened before, and he no longer has the job offer. Pretty crappy to offer someone a position and then retract the offer after the person has already left their two week notice at their current employer. It's also pretty crappy and cowardly to just send a canned email (vs calling or sending a personal email) to tell someone they are no longer being considered after they were extended (and accepted) a job offer. This isn't how you treat candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland (Jeffersonville, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal interview with the Terminal Manager and Operations Manager, both were wearing hoodies. Lasted about 3 hours including a tour of warehouse. Be yourself don't worry about saying the right thing. Interview was based on discussion and if you can hold conversation, more so than formal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of "learner are you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once I got the "intent" to hire call, which was about 3 days after my 1:1 interview, the TM said he was going to submit that to HR and wait for their response back as to how much they were going to offer. About two days after the initial intent to hire call, I got another phone call from the TM with the initial offer, which was below what I was expecting, so I counter offered and I got another call the following week accepting my counteroffer, which was on a Thursday, by the following Monday I started my first day. You will go through a background check, mainly looking for major issues, such as felonies or theft, as well as a drug screening that you will do at a local immediate care center about 5 miles outside of the terminal.

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

Filled out the job app. , then interview, back round check, driving test takes 4-8 weeks. really too long. Drug test. Standard questions, because of the driver shortage, if you're breathing, not a convicted felon, no DUI's, and a relatively clean driving record, you get the job.

Line-Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Professional and courteous. I was seen right away during my lunch break with another company. I was told the truth and what was expected of me. I was truthfully told about the job and it's pros and cons.

Interview Questions

• How much LTL experience I had.   1 Answer