Holland Partner Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Site Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I came to Holland Construction after getting my BS in Construction Management. I interviewed with 3 project managers who recommended me to the Regional Superintendent. I interviewed with him and he asked me a few questions to gauge what I knew about construction. He said I was the first hire who came from school. Overall it has worked out well.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use any scheduling software.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group in March 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable interview process very professional. Hey let me know exactly the timeframe of the interview and questions and who is going to be there and the next steps. They reviewed the entire resume out loud and discussed previous employment and the reason for wanting that transition and what your goals were personally and business.

Interview Questions

• What were some contributions that I could make towards the flow of the property and our company for our residential retention?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group.

Interview

The first interview went great... 45minutes and I felt really good. The next interview was a property in Portland and then the night before around 9pm I got an email saying it has to move... I got there on time and they were 10 minutes late.

Interview Questions

Holland Partner Group Response

Feb 2, 2015 – Director of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We are always striving for ways to improve our candidate experience and we are not able to do so without this type of feedback.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group (Denver, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

My interviews took place all in one day which I believe was unusual. I met with a Property Manager who then passed me on to two Regional Managers. One of them briefly introduced me to a Vice President. I then went to another location and met a second Property Manager.

I received an offer three days later, which I accepted. The background check took two weeks which was not unusual at this company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I could improve their business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The compensation was a guaranteed hourly salary plus commissions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was done by several people from different departments. They tried to make it seem relaxed, but at times it was a rapid fire of questions. And, to be honest, some weren't great.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group (Vancouver, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The application process and initial call back for a phone screening was rather quick. I applied sometime in the afternoon, and less than two hours later, I received a phone call for a phone screening. This phone interview lasted about 45-60 minutes. At the end of the call, the HR Manager informed me that she'd like to schedule an in-person interview that same week. The following day I received a call from the Recruiter, who scheduled the in-person interview the following day, with the HR Manager and the Recruiter.

The in-person interview went well, with the typical HR related questions, that lasted around 45 minutes. I did ask about other candidates that were being considered, as well as "next steps". The HR Manager did share, that there were 3 other candidates, that they would be narrowing down to two, for the final interviews to take place the following week with the VP of HR and the owner.

I sent "Thank you" cards that same day. One week later, I had not heard back, and I reached out with a brief, follow up email, which went unanswered for an additional week; totaling two weeks before receiving any communication.

This was the only frustrating part - the lack of followup. Taking into consideration, how quick the company was to contact me to schedule a phone interview and in-person interview, compared to how the recruiter and hiring manager went "ghost" immediately following the in-person interview, in my opinion, can be an area for improvement. This left a bad taste in my mouth as a candidate, and made me reconsider my interest and affected my view of the company.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

Very casual young atmosphere once i got into the door but overall experience is exhausting. For being a leader in residential management field the lack of professional
    courtesy is appalling. There response time is awful i interviewed for 3 positions with over 20 years of experience i interviewed in early May and today 6/22 just heard back with the most scripted response ever. I had heard that Holland was very agist and suck every bit of your talent and spit you out once done getting what they need from you. They will tell you this isn’t true and they have plenty of older
    team members ..... i am sure you do but how many are pm’s?

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people at all different levels in all different business groups. Very thorough process for a mutually beneficial decision. Internal processes and policies explained very well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Process oriented questions and examples of experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group.

Interview

The hiring interview process was extremely easy. I received a phone call went in for my 1st interview that next monday, had to do the two follow up interviews over the next few days, then was offered the job. I was interview at 3 different properties so I was able to see how the offices were and what people were like.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holland Partner Group.

Interview

Apply online, Interview with Property Manager then Regional Manager. Offer comes via email and when you accept, you go back to the property and fill out paperwork then they immediately send you for your drug test. Then you have to wait 2 weeks until your start date. They will start you on a tues which will be your day off the following week so expect to work 7 days in a row the first week.

Interview Questions

• They of a resident challenge have you had and how you overcame it and they ask you how you would market the property, what you think the demographics of that property are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer what they offer and what they offer depends on how much they have in the budget.