Hometown America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hometown America

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hometown America (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

My interview process included, in order: an HR interview over the phone followed by a Manager interview on the phone and then in person, Caliper personality evaluation, CEO phone interview--comprehensive but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to persuade, what was the outcome?   2 Answers

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hometown America (Atlanta, GA) in January 2009.

Interview

Submit the resume and if selected, the Regional Manager may call you for a phone interview or the Human Resources department would call for a phone interview. Next the regional manager would set up a face-to-face interview at your cost. They may have you back for a third interview once they have come down to the top 3 candidates and contact you if you were selected for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. This is the job, what it pays. If you ask for more you were disqualified and went on to the next applicant.

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hometown America in August 2015.

Interview

Online application. Received an email request for a phone interview. The interview was very thorough, positive and professional. It took two weeks to get a face to face interview scheduled, another three weeks out. The face to face was positive, but mostly was a property tour. Some casual conversation about the difficulties experienced at the property. I tried to bring up my approach and experience to stimulate further conversations, but I don't think with a third party present it was not conducive to further discussion. Other than being invited for an interview I was not given any indication of what level of interest or capabilities desired for the community. No discussion of how Hometown functions. I asked about the decision process, and I would hear something in a week.
    Then in another week a personality test was scheduled, and then the response in the next week.