Hotel Chocolat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hotel Chocolat Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotel Chocolat

2.2

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England (UK)).

Interview

All comms dealt with by HR, standard telephone interview, 121 with inexperienced area manager and SWOT presentation, work trial (handed out chocs for 15mins *pointless exercise*) and a final 121. No outcome after a week so emailed, praised all the way through but gave to internal candidate. No flexibility from them for interview even though I was currently in a job. Poorly handled in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Give feedback on the store you have applied for through your SWOT analysis,   1 Answer

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Brighton, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I knew of the job vacancy and e-mailed a copy of my CV with a brief covering letter and was invited for an interview which was more of an informal chat.
    We discussed what I have done previously and any skills I might be able to bring to the position.
    We then talked in detail about the company and what I could expect whilst working there.

Interview Questions

• You would be required to know about all of the products. Would you be confident that you could remember the information and use that to sell to 'guests'?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

Sent in CV, got a face to face interview with 20 or so standard questions, came back for a 2 hour trial on the shop floor then offered the job.

Negotiation

No negaotation

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I handed in my CV in store and I was very nervous as I'd never had a job before. I was sixteen and hoping for this to be my first weekend job. I got an email through from a supervisor a few hours later who asked to organise an interview. I had my interview the next day with two supervisors, they seemed very nice. After this interview I waited and waited AGES. In this time I'd been offered two other jobs and hotel chocolat was my first choice (considering the pay was far better than the others) so I had to ring in and ask which was quite annoying but I got offered a job and started that coming weekend.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat in October 2015.

Interview

The interview felt quite informal and my interviewer was very approachable, which made me feel comfortable and confident. I was asked questions about the company, my relevant experience, and challenges I have overcome.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied by e-mailing my CV in to a store, was called in for an interview a week later. Met with the store manager, was asked to do a brief in-store trial (15 minutes), was offered the job then and there.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of when you have gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online, and quickly got invited to have a telephone interview, which went well but unfortunately as i wasn't flexible 7 days a week i didn't get the job. Now considering this was for a part time position I felt this was unfair. So basically if you have any commitments don't waste your time applying with these, even if its only part time as you won't be successful.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview held at one of the stores in a cozy and comfortable environment.
    The questions were surprisingly made in a formal serious way, giving me the feeling that they would be more appropriate for a management position interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview with shop manager in a nearby cafe. A general chat and questions about what I knew about the company and CEOs, the ethics behind the chocolate making process. Questions about my availability and skills. Said when they would let me know and a little about the induction process. Took my uniform size and told me how long the probationary period would last.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think are comparable to HC on the high street?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotel Chocolat (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief; about one week post-application (via email), I was asked to come to the store and sat for roughly 30 minutes through the interview. I was offered to ask any questions before the interview finished and told that I'd be contacted within the next week; I was actually contacted the evening of my application.

Interview Questions

• How would you summarize yourself in three words?   Answer Question
    • How would you potentially deal with an upset/angry guest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was genuine and considerate; I didn't live in Sheffield at the time and was terminating a previous job contract so managers were patient as I transitioned from one to the other. Since I was also studying at university, hours were complicated but nonetheless they were understanding.