Hotwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hotwire Interview Questions

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire in March 2016.

Interview

They has 2 round of interviews, one with recruiter and one with director but then there was no communication for weeks. I get that they are looking for best match for the role but they should have minimum professional courtesy to inform the candidate that are moving with other candidates.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

Easy interview, meet with few people. Most of the interviews are with higher level managers. It can get very technical, so be prepared for technical questions in your field. I had lunch interview and lunch is provided.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

Overall the interview process was very positive and quick. I was in consist contact with the recruiter and they were able to answer all my questions. I was interviewed by two Senior Managers, Senior Analyst and a Senior Manager for AP. Most of the questions were straight forward and were your basic interview questions. Everyone was really welcoming and friendly, which made the experience a lot of fun and not as stressful.

Associate Hotel Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hotwire (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through internal job board for a position on the other side of the country. Received email from HR recruiter looking to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Two days later, the hiring manager called from Miami and we had a really good conversation (I thought). Apparently, there was a level of experience they did not think I had. I wish I had been given more of a chance because I understood the position and thought I could've been a valuable asset.

Seems like a super cool company and the focus is definitely on inventory and revenue.

Interview Questions

• Stuff about last position. Revenue type questions. How to convince hoteliers to provide more revenue when they don't really need to (busy times)   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

initial communication began with a standard HR telephone interview. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was told I would hear in a couple of weeks whether I would be brought out to headquarters for a face to face interview. I was called a couple of days later and arrangements were made to fly me out. I was e-mailed flight and hotel information along with the interview schedule for the day. No other support of guidance was provided I needed to figure everything out as far as getting to hotel and office the next day. The interview was a series of interviews with different people including a phone interview with their outsourced call center vendor. It was a total of five people I met with, there were no bathroom breaks or such given in between any of the different people. They gave the impression I was taking up too much of their time. I left to catch public transport, at my expense, back to the airport and got a voice mail the next day that I had been turned down.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question or one that sticks out the most was when asked "when have you had to say no to a higher up person" they were looking for multiple specific examples of such with names   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone screen. Then I was invited for an in person interview. I interviewed with five different people the whole process took approximately four hours. Lunch was provided. The whole process was very pleasant and some of the interviews genuinely enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by almost all the interviewers about management experience, how to build teams, and how to deal with performance issues.   1 Answer

Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process it was quite long, it took 2 phone interviews, and a 5 1-1 interviews (in one day). The challenge was coordinating peoples calendars more than anything else. HR was vert responsive.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire.

Interview

phone scree, two rounds of in-person

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I decided not to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

phone screen with hiring manager followed by two on-site interviews with peers, teams that I would be working with and HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not open to negotiations