Hotwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Software Dev Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of onsite and 2 phone call interview, given white board for 3 rounds to explain logical questions. each round is nearly 45 mins. lunch is provided. Team is so polite and asked questions based on development. Director round is not technical but logical questions on environment and behavior are difficult.

Interview Questions

• Logical and programmatic questions on FE technologies   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

HR did technical interview, difference between Abstract class and interface, Design patterns

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

4 rounds. 3 of the interviewers are nice except one. They ask all kinds of normal interview questions, plus the problems that are closely related with their work. Basically you just sit down in the meeting room, and you get interviewed by four interviewers individually. The HR will talk about the compensation and your expectation at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave a question regarding the boxing/unboxing. That is, the data member of the class is the basic 'int' type, not initialized, and they return it back in a method with return type 'Integer'. The answer should be '0' even if the data member is not initialized   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by Hotwire who set up a phone interview with me on a Thursday. The phone interview was fairly standard, questions regarding experiences on your resume, problem solving, and scenario/behavioral questions. The Manager was interviewed me was difficult to read (especially over the phone) but friendly enough and answered all my questions regarding the position. About two hours after my interview, the HR rep from Hotwire called me and asked me to come in the following Monday for a series of one on one interviews. This was fairly mind-numbing, but gave me a broad variety of differing opinions, questions, and let me get a good idea of the types of people I would be working with. Questions consisted of aptitude in certain software and applications (pertaining to the position) and questions based on personal experiences. I would say it is a good blend of questions on your soft skills, technical skills, and chatter to coax out your personality and put you at ease. HR contacted me the week after my interview to give me an offer and listened to my questions and concerns. She addressed them all openly and honestly and I felt good about my decision even though I took a some time to think it over. One thing to realize at Hotwire is that it is a fairly tight-knit community and they are trying to gauge your personality and work ethic in a short amount of time. They also want you to want to be here as much as they want you to be here. The office is conducive to learning, the culture is laid back - casual everyday and truly full of people who work hard, but have a good time as well. HR was very helpful in addressing all my questions and the interview process allowed me to ask the questions that needed to be asked and get a good look at what I needed to know before taking any job.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you solved a problem either at work or school and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient and pleasant. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and the process was followed by a phone screen with the manager and then a in-person interview in San Francisco. The interview went well and it most of it felt like a two-sided conversation more so than a strict interview. I've been wanting to work for Hotwire for a long time so I was very excited for a chance to interview. The recruiting team seems to be very efficient and any changes or questions are addressed fast. This was one of the best interviewing experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I decided not to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The most straight forward process I've every worked with, most people asked job related questions, were professional and timely in their contact and conduct. Process moved at a great pace, Over the best of my life.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your last negative interaction.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim High, bargain hard, play hardball and then roll over, it's worth it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hotwire in June 2009.

Interview

My experience with Hotwire recruiting process has been one that was fair, robust and extremely efficient.

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager for approximately 35 minutes. The questions were primarily twofold: resume based questions and some technical questions. Time was equally split. It seemed questions were designed to test analytical skills and unstructured thinking abilities. I was asked a few brain teasers that could be challenging under time pressure.

Two days after the phone interview, I had an on-site with HR, senior managers and executives. I think questions were fair - some behavioural, some technical and some revolved around industry knowledge. Sometimes I felt more like having a discussion rather than being part of an interview. Interviewers were humble, affable, respectful, down-to-earth and very smart. I had an offer within 2 days and I took the offer after one day of negotiation. This is probably one of the most efficient and fair interview processes yet in my career.

Interview Questions

• Resume and industry related questions, brain teasers and technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Hotwire has an extremely efficient recruitment process. They take it very seriously and treat their candidates with so much respect. I received an initial phone call from their HR department to schedule a phone interview later in the week. In this call, I was asked several behavioral questions as well as analytical questions. The call went very well and I was informed in less than one day that they wanted to do a second round interview on the phone with the hiring manager. Again, the conversation was primarily about my background but I was given ample amount of time to address questions I had regarding the position and corporate culture. Within 24 hours, I received a call to inform me that I was invited to come into the office to meet a total of 5 Hotwire employees. The interview process involved behavioral skills, logic as well as analytical skills. Within 24 hours, I received an official offer and as you can imagine, I was overwhelmed with the efficiency and professional nature of the Hotwire recruitment process.

Negotiation

While I did not negotiate the offer that Hotwire provided me they were extremeley fair with compensation and have great travel perks!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Had a great interview experience with Hotwire and was very impressed by how quickly they worked me through the interview process. They were also very accommodating to my work schedule at my prior job, providing some flexibility for when I interviewed despite the tight timeline they were working under. Overall I was very pleased with the interview process and how seriously the company takes recruiting.

Interview Questions

• For analytical positions, be prepared for some brain teasers to test math skills and thought process.   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hotwire in March 2009.

Interview

ridiculously long; HR never returned calls when they said they would and I was basically strung along after reassurances that I had gotten the job. I can accept rejections, but how about some decency in letting people know in a timely fashion? or calling when you say you will call? or sending the appropriate documents for the interview process when you say you will? the whole process was a drawn out disaster, and in the end, I'm glad I work elsewhere.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hotwire (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I've been very pleased with my experience. I received a very quick response to my online application. I received a very quick phone screen/interview. I needed several in-person, onsite interviews; the coordinator was extremely flexible and helped work around my busy work schedule. The office/interview spaces are clean and neat. Any interview process can invoke some fear/anxierty; however, the team here made me feel very comfortable. I am still waiting to hear back from Hotwire; I want to work for this company very badly - the entire team seems amazing!

Interview Questions

• None were unexpected; how would you go from a large organization to one much smaller (in comparison to current work environment)?   Answer Question