Houston Methodist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called four days after my application was submitted by a recruiter who asked general questions to verify eligibility. She said she needed to speak with the manager of the unit and would call back if they were interested in an interview. She calls back and we set an interview up for the next day at 10. I show up and am told they are waiting on another manager, no problem. They bring me into the managers office and one is the manager from the unit I was applying for and the other for a unit that I was not applying for. The manager for the particular unit stayed on her computer and interrupted the process multiple times to ask her own questions over whatever she was doing on the computer. At the end the manager asked my potential manager if she had any questions and she asked questions that were already asked from the other manager. The other manager told her, "we have already discussed this." At the end I was told they had multiple interviews that day and they could not make a decision because it would not be fair to the other candidates. The next day a recruiter contacted me with an offer. I had to decline because I cannot work for a manager that was too bothered to even listen to potential employees. I left another hospital for that reason.

Interview Questions

• What are the normal ranges for vitals   Answer Question
    • How do you manage conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a patient was upset with you and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • On your last evaluation, what was some strengths and weaknesses that were presented on that evaluation by the manager?   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Interview

Last about 10 minutes , i didn't feel they were interested. i didn't have front desk reason experience. Background , was majority in business office. I felt a little disappointed about the out come. Interviewed by a group of management and HR Dept. I felted could have had a better opportunity if less staff.

Interview Questions

• If I could be a multi-taser coming from a relaxed area like billing department.   1 Answer

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

easy, a monkey can do the job. houston methodist is just looking for bodies to fill vacant spots. cant keep people who actually enjoythe job. people are only here for a paycheck...lots of complaints

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. Know the culture of Methodist Hospital, why you want to work at Methodist, and why you want to work within the department you are interviewing for.

Summer Operations Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with the project manager about career goals and specific interest towards department/ field during the internship. If your interest matches their requirement, then you will be called for second round of interview.

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They keep notes based on 1 persons opinions and every time you interview and they know about the old interview they can review those notes. Even though it is another persons opinion. Notes should not be kept and available to others as this may "persuade" the interviewer from gong forward even if the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Am I available to come in for an in person intereviw+   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter at Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston Texas, contacted me and started by asking me a few questions of my educational background and professional experience. Then the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with the Director of nursing and Nurse manager of the unit I applied for. I am all the way in Canada and a phone interview was best at the time. The phone interview was scheduled for the next week since they contacted me on a Friday. I got called for the interview 7 mins after the time it was scheduled. I was ready. The questions were challenging and hard (the scenario questions) the interview was 50 mins long. The director and nurse manager taking turns to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me what you know about the company
      -   Answer Question
    • - Why do you want to work for this organization   Answer Question
    • - When did you make a mistake, what was it and what did you learn from it   Answer Question
    • - Several Scenario questions
      - Tell is why you would be an asset to this organization and why we should chose you   Answer Question
    • - Tell us when and how you have worked in a team and what was your role   Answer Question
    • - How do you handle conflict   Answer Question
    • - How do you handle stress (then given a scenario question)   Answer Question
    • - What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • - Scenario question on head to toe assessment on patient when admitting   Answer Question
    • - Scenario question on how to identify fall risk in a patient when admitting   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us   1 Answer
    • Oh...I was also asked a political question from out of the blue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The price was right.

RN New Grad Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview process. I had a phone interview 1st where I was asked to describe myself, why I want to work at Houston Methodist Hospital, What are my short term and long term goals, why should they hire me and so on..I was offered a second interview in person on the spot. I was asked to come in scrubs on interview day and have an observation day on the floor. After 2 hours of rotating on the floor I was interviewed for the second time and later on the same day offered the job position. It was a different kind of interviewing process but I really enjoyed it. It allowed me to meet the staff, make a good impression and also see if I would fit in on that unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work on this unit?
      What are your short term and long term goals?
      When was a time you had to work in a team and what was your role?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a patient?
      Why should we hire you?
      Why did you choose Houston Methodist hospital?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate. I was content with the offer.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process in the initial pre screening from the recruitment team
    Met with the HR manager, team, and HR director
    Each interview was separate and was over a 2 week time frame

Pca 11 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked to dress in a business attire or coperate..I was informed of the schedules and to see if am interested..what are the four ps,why do I want to change from flex to full time

Interview Questions

• why I want to go for full time instead of flex   1 Answer