Cover image for Houston Methodist

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Houston Methodist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 284 of over 284 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Houston Methodist

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist

Interview

The hiring process took going through 2 interviews. The first interview took place in a hotel conference room. They screened candidates by asking company and field- specific questions. For example: why Houston Methodist? Why mother/baby and not L&D? The 2nd interview took place at the hospital. I met with a few of the staff on the unit and they asked me more in-depth questions to get a bigger picture of my personality/work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were involved in an emergency and how you dealt with it. Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker & how you resolved that conflict. Were you involved in any extracurriculars in nursing school?
    Answer Question

Houston Methodist

Application

I interviewed at Houston Methodist

Interview

One interview, you will be interviewed in a room sitting across from the interviewer. You will be asked to bring a copy of your resume and certifications. Once interview is over, you will wait to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions Tell me about a time when you had to work closely with someone whose personality was very different from yours. Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict with a coworker. How did you handle that? Describe a time when you had to step up and demonstrate leadership skills. Tell me about a time you made a mistake and wish you’d handled a situation with a colleague differently. Tell me about a time you needed to get information from someone who wasn’t very responsive. What did you do?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

3h

works at

Ardor Health Solutions

Calling all nurses, therapists, and allied health professionals!!! If you have 2+ yrs of experience, are ready to try something new, or are just hungry for good money, look no further! I’m a healthcare professional and recruiter looking to help you find the perfect travel contract for the end of the year. We staff nationwide and are a smaller agency which means YOU are the focus. If you want to learn more about travel, or are ready to find your next job: isabellac@ardorhealth.com (866)-425-5768 Chat soon!

2 Comments

Join the conversation on

Houston Methodist

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Houston Methodist in Sep 2022

Interview

Very professional process and event host by Houston Methodist. Dress to impress! Be sure to do research about the hospital and be ready to show your interests. One important tip: just be yourself. They want to know who you are. To be honest, the process is not stressful as you think it is, just be ready to talk about your experience and yourself.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houston Methodist

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied for a different position and the recruiter contacted me. I then applied for 3 additional positions. the recruiter set up Microsoft teams interviews with each of them. I was instructed to dress in business wear.I was offered in-person interviews afterwards.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Sugar Land, TX)

Interview

Large room with multiple interviews going on at once. Everyone was kind and welcoming. I had multiple interviews for different units on the same day and I even signed up for additional interviews that I didn't sign up for initially.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in Jul 2022

Interview

First I applied on their website. A day later I was contacted by a recruiter who then schedule a virtual panel interview with management team. Very easy and comfortable environment.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose Houston Methodist Hospital?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in Jul 2022

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. There was the option of interviewing for additional positions outside of original application. Offers were extended within 2-3 weeks after interview process and there was additional information provided if looking for an alternate position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX)

Interview

I am hoping for this to go well. I have applied to the texas medical center hospital and the willowbrook hospital. The interview was at the Bayou city event center

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX)

Interview

Good place to work and I enjoy working here a lot the interview process is not hard at all . They recruiter communicated with me through the process.great place you would love it here

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in Jun 2022

Interview

It was smooth interview but job description was vague and they used Microsoft teams which is a headache to use. Salary didn't match my expectations. Overall good interview but methodist needs to improve how they hire ppl

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Interviews

Houston Methodist Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Houston Methodist as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.63 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Graduate Nurse Residency and Registered Nurse rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Graduate Nurse roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Houston Methodist takes an average of 25 days when considering 357 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Research Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Patient Care Technician roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 71 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Houston Methodist according to 357 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 18.02%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Houston Methodist? Share Your Experiences

Houston Methodist Careers

Cover image for Houston Methodist

Houston Methodist Hospital Houston Methodist Hospital, flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, is a nationally recognized medical...More

• Nursing
  • Career Paths
  • Benefits
  • Culture &amp;amp;amp; Diversity

Company Updates

1098 days ago

Join Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital for an on-site career event on Saturday, October 19 from 8:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. We are now seeking Housekeepers, Floor Technicians, Patient Transporters, Food Service Workers and more! Register today: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMyrF
Shared image

1109 days ago

Join Houston Methodist Research Institute for an on-site Clinical Research Career Event on Wednesday, October 2 from 3:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. We are now seeking Clinical Trials Managers, Clinical Research Nurses, Research Coordinators and Clinical Pharmacy Fellows. Our research innovation creates opportunities – Register today: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vM08F
Shared image - Clinical Research Job: Clinical Research Career Event - Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at Houston Methodist in Houston Methodist Research Institute | Houston Methodist Hospital Jobs
glassdoor.com