Houston Methodist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Houston Methodist

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

The interview process was quite pleasant. Everyone I encountered from the recruiter to the hiring manager was very friendly and pleasant, which really calmed my nerves during the interview. I left the interview excited to be a part of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite type of patients to take care of?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online. I received an email about setting up an interview. Interview was easy. They asked me questions about my experiences and qualifications. They ran a background check and checked my references.

Summer MAPP Interview

Interview

It was a skype interview that lasted about 10 minutes. I had 2 interviews for the position. They were each about a week apart. You had to fill out the online application and mail it in before you got an interview. Honestly, the online application did not even matter. The interviews were much more important.

Unit Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

Great, really nice, answered any questions i had. made you feel comfortable when interviewing. Sat down with 3 people, and answered all questions, and gave a brief overview of job duties.

Graduate Nurse Residency Program Interview

Interview

I applied online and got invited to their prescreening interview. I got invited to the Willowbrook campus for the emergency department. And also got invited for the Texas Medical Center program as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked why do you want to be nurse, why Houston methodist and what makes you stand out.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

Prescreening location was by the NRG, don’t be overwhelmed. They are interviewing for all locations. If you moved to the next round, you will know right away, and the following week there’s going to be group panel interview. It can range from 3-6 people.

Resident Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

Very well, multiple different encounters, good food, beautiful tour. Meets others that you will be working with during your time there. There also show you some breath taking views in the hospital. The cafeteria is enormous and really you have so many options.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out compared to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online and waited for about a month to hear back that I was chosen to interview at their pre-screen interview invent for the med/surg. You can pick a time to interview for your 2 chosen locations and specialty. When you arrive at the event center, you sign in and wait to be called into the hall where you can interview with at least 2 recruiters or managers. The process was very relaxed and the recruiters were very nice, but the setting was quite loud since there were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Be prepared for behavioral and scenario questions, and at least one clinical question.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Baytown, TX) in March 2020.

Interview

I interviewed at the Baytown Houston Methodist location. It was a quick and positive experience. Process fairly faster than any other residency program. It was a panel interview, I felt very comfortable and the staff was super nice.

MAPP Student Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

There were two separate interviews. The first interview was conducted by the head of MAPP and another Methodist employee. From there, they choose a select group of people to move to the next round. You are interviewed by the same people the second round as well.

Interview Questions

• Why Houston Methodist? What made you want to become a nurse? Tell me about a time you made a mistake. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient. Tell me about a time you had miscommunication and how you fixed that. Describe a conflict you had with a patient, family member, or coworker and how you resolved it. What unit do you want to be on?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist in February 2020.

Interview

After applying online, you’ll be sent an online assessment to complete. If selected, you’ll be contacted to set your interview time. Interviews occur at “Match Day,” which is where all of the locations and applicants are in a large ball room. Interviews are quick, no longer than 15 minutes.