Houston Methodist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

OR Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with lead of OR nurse residency program. Interviewer was approachable and kind. Will ask if you plan on pursuing career as CRNA; if so, would recommend that you go into ICU practice as such experience is required to be a CRNA. Otherwise, simple interview. Observed 2 surgical units that day. Had to decide which unit I would like to work in at the end of that day. Then, I interviewed with that unit which was more formal. The unit manager inquired about my previous work experience and how I handled tough situations I experienced in nursing school regarding patient care and working with the unit staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have encountered and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Community Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Baytown, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and two months later I received a phone call to come in and interview for the position. I was out of town at a conference so I could not come in the initial date they asked me to. They were very accommodating with my schedule. Sadly, the day before my interview I got really sick. I did not want to cancel the interview so I put on my suit and tie and drove to Baytown.

I don't think either interviewer could tell I was under the weather. I was not coughing or sneezing and I really wanted this position so I made a conscience effort to give my absolute best during the interview. Both interviewers were impressed with my resume and portfolio I brought in. I received a tour of the hospital and view of my potential office after the interview so I left feeling very hopeful.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was very clear, and welcoming. The HR department is great, very helpful and informative of the Hospitals standards. We went over my previous employment, why I wanted to work for Methodist. The interview was not short at all, but I felt very comfortable with asking questions. Meeting the department heads were great as well, they were very clear on how the department works, and their standards.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was okay I had a great interview with one of the coordinators and she was very nice and professional and seemed like she had a lot of experience

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nassau Bay, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Nassau Bay, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in through a job fair and I simply waited in line to talk to someone. After a long wait I had a quick 15 minute interview with a lady and then she said she would be giving me a call. 2 weeks later I had not heard back so I called them myself and they said they were getting around to calling everybody back. They set up a second interview with me with the manager on the floor I would be working on. He hired me on spot, pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict and how is it appropriate to handle it on the job ?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clear Lake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Clear Lake, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a call for an interview 3 weeks after i applied. It took a one day for them to call and let me know that i was hired and if i accepted the offer. I said yes

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What would you do if a patient had high blood sugar ?   Answer Question

Patient Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Sugar Land, TX).

Interview

don't expect quick turnaround - internal candidate - initital interview with manager and one other liaison and then second was a panel interview - very easy - no need to stress

Interview Questions

• Detail for us an instance in which you exhibited I CARE Values by going above and beyond your job description.   1 Answer

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was done with the transport manager. She/He (as they have 4 managers), will begin to ask you if you have any transport or hospital experience. If you don't, they will ask you for customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience, and if you do, give me an example of a situation where a customer was mad and you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole process from the time that I talked to the recruiter to when I interviewed for the job to when I was offered the position was all in about a week. It wasn't extensive and they took the time to actually ask my preferences on things like what type of floor I wanted to work on because I was relocating and needed a job.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you do upon arriving for your shift?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I met with the Nurse Manager for an interview and was offered a job on the spot. She took me to HR and I began the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a challenging situation with another co-worker?   1 Answer

OR Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty casual for me. I was there to observe and was asked to give an impromptu interview which surprised me. I interviewed first with the recruiter and then with the unit manager. I was aksed typical "new nurse" questions.