Houston Methodist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston Methodist Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.5

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

easy, a monkey can do the job. houston methodist is just looking for bodies to fill vacant spots. cant keep people who actually enjoythe job. people are only here for a paycheck...lots of complaints

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. Know the culture of Methodist Hospital, why you want to work at Methodist, and why you want to work within the department you are interviewing for.

Summer Operations Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with the project manager about career goals and specific interest towards department/ field during the internship. If your interest matches their requirement, then you will be called for second round of interview.

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They keep notes based on 1 persons opinions and every time you interview and they know about the old interview they can review those notes. Even though it is another persons opinion. Notes should not be kept and available to others as this may "persuade" the interviewer from gong forward even if the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Am I available to come in for an in person intereviw+   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

HR recruiter at Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston Texas, contacted me and started by asking me a few questions of my educational background and professional experience. Then the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with the Director of nursing and Nurse manager of the unit I applied for. I am all the way in Canada and a phone interview was best at the time. The phone interview was scheduled for the next week since they contacted me on a Friday. I got called for the interview 7 mins after the time it was scheduled. I was ready. The questions were challenging and hard (the scenario questions) the interview was 50 mins long. The director and nurse manager taking turns to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me what you know about the company
    • - Why do you want to work for this organization   Answer Question
    • - When did you make a mistake, what was it and what did you learn from it   Answer Question
    • - Several Scenario questions
      - Tell is why you would be an asset to this organization and why we should chose you
      Answer Question
    • - Tell us when and how you have worked in a team and what was your role   Answer Question
    • - How do you handle conflict   Answer Question
    • - How do you handle stress (then given a scenario question)   Answer Question
    • - What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    • - Scenario question on head to toe assessment on patient when admitting   Answer Question
    • - Scenario question on how to identify fall risk in a patient when admitting   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself 5 years from now   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for us   1 Answer
    • Oh...I was also asked a political question from out of the blue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The price was right.

RN New Grad Residency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I really enjoyed my interview process. I had a phone interview 1st where I was asked to describe myself, why I want to work at Houston Methodist Hospital, What are my short term and long term goals, why should they hire me and so on..I was offered a second interview in person on the spot. I was asked to come in scrubs on interview day and have an observation day on the floor. After 2 hours of rotating on the floor I was interviewed for the second time and later on the same day offered the job position. It was a different kind of interviewing process but I really enjoyed it. It allowed me to meet the staff, make a good impression and also see if I would fit in on that unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work on this unit?
      What are your short term and long term goals?
      When was a time you had to work in a team and what was your role?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a patient?
      Why should we hire you?
      Why did you choose Houston Methodist hospital?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate. I was content with the offer.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy process in the initial pre screening from the recruitment team
    Met with the HR manager, team, and HR director
    Each interview was separate and was over a 2 week time frame

Pca 11 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked to dress in a business attire or coperate..I was informed of the schedules and to see if am interested..what are the four ps,why do I want to change from flex to full time

Interview Questions

• why I want to go for full time instead of flex   1 Answer

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was done with the transport manager. She/He (as they have 4 managers), will begin to ask you if you have any transport or hospital experience. If you don't, they will ask you for customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience, and if you do, give me an example of a situation where a customer was mad and you resolved the problem.   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

I did not agree at all with the interview process. The position was for the Sugarland hospital whole interview was about the diease process of patients. While I am cognizant that as nurses we have to have a vast amount of knowledge, knowledge should not be the only focal point. You can teach skills,however, you can't teach compassion or how well a person may fit into your current health team. A person can have a lot of knowledge and still not gel well with an organization or team. During the interview, I was only asked one question about myself. I feel there was more value placed on my knowledge base rather than the whole me. In nursing we emphasize holistic care and getting to know several aspects of the patient. I feel we need to treat our prospective nurses in the same manner for examples, it's more to a person than just understanding different testing and lab work for a patient with CHF. How are their interpersonal skills? How would they respond to various situations with patients/families (things of a physical or emotional nature)?