Houston Methodist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houston Methodist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.5

Graduate Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

This was a hiring event. There was a moment to check-in and a brief interview. The nursing manager I interviewed with made me feel extremely calm and all employees were very nice and welcoming.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX).

Interview

applied in Aug-sep, interviewed in October, and a decision was made in November. pre-screen with recruiter then interviewed with all physicians and operations manager.
    expectations in interview did not match expectations once hired on by physicians and management. more of a "if we like you and you do what we say, you can stay" mentality

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current employer?   1 Answer

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received a call and was asked some questions as a sort of pre-interview screen and then scheduled the interview which was a panel interview with 3 other applicants.

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was called four days after my application was submitted by a recruiter who asked general questions to verify eligibility. She said she needed to speak with the manager of the unit and would call back if they were interested in an interview. She calls back and we set an interview up for the next day at 10. I show up and am told they are waiting on another manager, no problem. They bring me into the managers office and one is the manager from the unit I was applying for and the other for a unit that I was not applying for. The manager for the particular unit stayed on her computer and interrupted the process multiple times to ask her own questions over whatever she was doing on the computer. At the end the manager asked my potential manager if she had any questions and she asked questions that were already asked from the other manager. The other manager told her, "we have already discussed this." At the end I was told they had multiple interviews that day and they could not make a decision because it would not be fair to the other candidates. The next day a recruiter contacted me with an offer. I had to decline because I cannot work for a manager that was too bothered to even listen to potential employees. I left another hospital for that reason.

Interview Questions

• What are the normal ranges for vitals   Answer Question
    • How do you manage conflict with co-workers?   Answer Question
    • Name a time a patient was upset with you and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • On your last evaluation, what was some strengths and weaknesses that were presented on that evaluation by the manager?   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse ICU Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

The process was very smooth and quick. I receive a phone call on Monday and they offered a panel interview on Thursday. The HR lady and unit manager were very friendly and informative. They make me feel very comfortable during the panel interview. A lot of clinical questions to test basic knowledge.

Scheduler Interview

Interview

Last about 10 minutes , i didn't feel they were interested. i didn't have front desk reason experience. Background , was majority in business office. I felt a little disappointed about the out come. Interviewed by a group of management and HR Dept. I felted could have had a better opportunity if less staff.

Interview Questions

• If I could be a multi-taser coming from a relaxed area like billing department.   1 Answer

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

easy, a monkey can do the job. houston methodist is just looking for bodies to fill vacant spots. cant keep people who actually enjoythe job. people are only here for a paycheck...lots of complaints

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Houston Methodist.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. Know the culture of Methodist Hospital, why you want to work at Methodist, and why you want to work within the department you are interviewing for.

Summer Operations Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with the project manager about career goals and specific interest towards department/ field during the internship. If your interest matches their requirement, then you will be called for second round of interview.

Training and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Houston Methodist (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

They keep notes based on 1 persons opinions and every time you interview and they know about the old interview they can review those notes. Even though it is another persons opinion. Notes should not be kept and available to others as this may "persuade" the interviewer from gong forward even if the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Am I available to come in for an in person intereviw+   1 Answer