Houston Methodist Reviews
89% would recommend to a friend
(2148 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great Benefits and Education Allowances" (in 259 reviews)
- "I have also done other contract work with Houston Methodist and I love it and the pay was good." (in 100 reviews)
- "Hand Washing Bonus was great" (in 98 reviews)
- "Great culture and value." (in 72 reviews)
- "The people are great and helpful" (in 70 reviews)
- "3 dollars more worker’s attitudes, poor management, they practice “core values nobody displays, no room to move horrible stay away" (in 93 reviews)
- "Parking was expensive and difficult to find" (in 39 reviews)
- "salary less compared to other hospitals" (in 29 reviews)
- "Messy work place!!! Managers and Directors are not for their employees!!" (in 26 reviews)
- "Long hours not many days off they don’t really care about your life outside of work" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Houston Methodist and is not affected by filters.
Found 2,148 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 9, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent EmployeeHouston, TX
Good leadership within the Houston Methodist System.
Nursing will always have the same cons, however this employer really makes a difference. This company is one of the best I have worked for.1Houston Methodist Response5mo
Thank you for the 5 star review! Employee satisfaction is key to our mission and lets us know when we're on the right track.
- 4.0Oct 17, 2023RN IICurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Great pay, ok benefits. Up to date technology, Self scheduling
*I have applied to numerous positions, at a closer facility..closer by 20 miles. And I continue to get turned down. A Basic"Thank you for applying, but we decided to go with other candidates that are more qualified." I have even applied to RN I positions. I get the Same message. *Ease the load off the charge nurses. Managing the unit and having 4- 5 patients of their own, is too much. Makes a difficult work environment. *Hire phlebotomy services for all units and locations. Not fair that some units/locations have lab services and others don't. Putting more work on the nurse. *Telemetry techs need to be professional when nurses calls for a simple reading/telecheck/connection as not all units have a monitor at the bedside. Saves time. I could probably continue on the simple things that make the work environment a better place for the nursing staff, which ultimately has a better outcome on the patient. *Hold PCAs accountable for things not completed, because ultimately it is blamed on the assigned nurse. But I'll cut it short.Houston Methodist Response2mo
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Please share your suggestions with your team, manager or human resources representative for consideration. As far as transfers, employees can review new Houston Methodist opportunities in the Employee Self Service dropdown within MARS. Go to the Careers tile to explore and apply.
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Stable Employer Almost never does layoffs or pay cuts when everyone else in the industry is doing so. On the contrary, they still provide great benefits, wellness programs and bonuses.
Very nurse centric, which leaves non-clinical staff feeling underappreciated. Very old culture in which it is hard to drive positive change.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Good environment to work in.
It all depends on the unit and coworkers you work with.
- 2.0Nov 2, 2023Project SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Great facility world class clinical team
Pay is undesirable for the amount of work I do. HR LOVES to say we get a comprehensive benefits package…it also falls under industry standard in almost every aspect.1Houston Methodist Response4w
Houston Methodist takes pride in offering employees a comprehensive total rewards package that includes benefits to support you in every chapter of your life. Our system pays for 82% of the cost of medical insurance. We provide bonuses, retirement savings with company match, paid time off, educational assistance, complimentary wellness programs and a variety of discounts. You can also receive free memberships on DoorDash, Headspace and Noom. Learn more in the myHR portal.
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023Unit Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
1. They're willing to work with your schedule and make adjustments if need be. 2. The staff are friendly and welcoming. 3. Yearly handwashing and patient review bonuses. 4. On most floors, you will only work 36 hours a week and if want 40 hours you can always pick up shifts! 5. If you are religious, there are chaplins who come to the unit to pray over everyone weekly. 6. Parking is free! (with this location being in the medical center, this is huge!) 7. Orientation is one week-long, you learn a lot. 8. Free courses you can take to elevate you and introduce you to new career opportunities. 9. Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
1. They aren't willing to negotiate your starting pay salary despite creditials. 2. If your schedule says 7A-7P, you have to arrive at 6:45A in order to be considered on time. Same if work 7P-7A or 3P-11P... 3. Not many food options after 10 PM if you work the night shift.
- 4.0Oct 19, 2023Research CoordinatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHouston, TX
Benefits, culture, Flexibility, and appreciation shown towards employees.
Research is still developing and behind compared to competitors. Will take years and major haul of research leadership for appropriate changes to be made.
Houston Methodist Reviews FAQs
Houston Methodist has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 2,294 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Houston Methodist to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
89% of Houston Methodist employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Houston Methodist 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.