ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICON Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online. I reached out to the HR contact (LinkedIn listed HR poster of opening) with whom I had spoken previously. He never got back to me. Almost two months later I saw the position posted again and this time reached out the the EVP hiring manager. The EVP replied promptly and copied the same HR rep on the e-mail, asking him to follow up with me. The HR wrote to me that he would set up time for us to talk but three weeks later had still not heard anything, despite my attempts to reach out to him again.

Interview Questions

• Initial interaction with HR was fairly typical as I recall. Why are you looking? Give me some examples of....   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The Human Resource phone interviewer was rude as all get out. She stated that they would only pay me a certain amount and if I wasn't willing to take it the interview was pointless. I agreed to continue knowing the salary wasn't what I really wanted. I was think so no negotiations at all? The CTA director that I interviewed with 1:1 was super nice. I told her what the HR person said and she said she'd check on it. In the end, I was offered what I asked for because I had previous clinical research exp.

Interview Questions

• How would yo u handle not making a timeline?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Someone referred me, so I applied using their link. A ICON recruiter contacted me to do a screening interview and to tell me more about the role. The conversation went well and so I was set up to do an in-person interview with a manager and department head. It was a normal interview, average difficulty, nothing tricky but they asked good questions to get at my background and character.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitesboro, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Whitesboro, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone screening interview from HR in Pennsylvania. I was asked basic questions about my background, availability, interest, and preferred salary. Two and a half weeks later, I got an email from HR to confirm a time for another phone interview with the hiring manager and the director of the lab for which I was applying. They were on speaker phone and told me more information about the position. They asked more specific questions to see if I was a decent fit. They invited me to an on site interview, which was scheduled via an email I received a week after that call. The interview itself was about a week and a half after that call. I met with my potential supervisor and the lab director, the same people I spoke with on the phone. I also had lunch with a few members of the lab who I'd have been working with if I ended up working there. Long process, questions were not difficult, and everyone was very professional but it felt pretty relaxed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What was something you had done wrong and had to report to a superior? Follow up: were you at all hesitant or afraid to report your mistake?   Answer Question
    • What is a significant out long term goal you had and how did you accomplish it? (try to choose a goal that can relate to the job)   Answer Question

The commute was much longer than another job offer, and also they offered a salary well below my preferred salary range. Essentially, another job offer was much more competitive terms of commute, the nature of the job itself, and the compensation package.

Cta Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Whole process took about 2 weeks. Met with two hiring manager. One face to face and another over the phone. All the questions were fairly general and easy to answer. The interview had a very laid back vibe.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online. I then had a brief phone interview with an ICON recruiter. Basically a screen for getting an in person interview. Was then interviewed by two managers at the same time, one over the phone and one in person. Was called by the recruiter later the same day and offered the job. I accepted the job and started work two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company/industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter for the position. Recruiter was very pleasant and easy to speak with. Was very interested in the position due to the therapeutic area, locations where the studies are being conducted, international travel and being remote.

Took two weeks to get a phone interview scheduled. Followed up with recruiter once more before a phone interview was scheduled. Spoke with the hiring Director. Found out during the phone interview that the candidate will be assigned to project as needed and not necessarily to the specific position I thought I was interviewing for.

I have interviewed candidates before so for the most part, not too many questions throw me for a loop and overall I felt the answers I provided affirmed my skills, abilities and interest in the position.

Q: what is the next step? A: The selected candidates will have a second round of phone interview with another director and if selected a face to face interview with both directors will be scheduled. Then the final candidate will be selected.
    Q: Can you provide me with a time frame? A: I don't know.

Interview Questions

• PM at pharma is totally different from PM at CRO, why are you the ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON (Beaumont, CA).

Interview

Be very stern and sure of yourself research about your positiin and company if you have no experience in the position at least know the duties so u can show them you have the understanding of whats going on the operations of the buisness as one be able to intake info at a fast pace be available for whatever shift comes at you and be dedicated to the job

Interview Questions

• How well can u handle pressure   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview occurred about four days later and later about 20 minutes. Mostly Reviewing resume and explaining position and then inviting me for an in house interview the next week with a manager. One hour interview rather easy.

Clinical Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (North Wales, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a 30 minute video chat interview with an HR professional in which they asked me situational based questions. Followed by a 45 minute interview with two managers and an HR professional (the same one as before) taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in which you had to use the power of persuasion?   Answer Question