ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICON Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Had a brief phone call with HR/in-house recruiter to determine base eligibility. Had three rounds of interviews to meet with the department manager and team leads. Everyone was friendly and on time. There were a lot of questions and concern specifically with work-life balance and how I personally handle stress.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals for the next five years?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness/strength?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me an example of when you were unable to deliver an assignment by a deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Farmingdale, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

meet in a room with the director and managers of the department. there may be 2 rounds. they're pretty desperate to hire anyone right about now since majority of their department just left. one girl got hired and she has no experience except waitressing. they also hired another girl who had no experience besides an assistant at a doctors office and thought it would be "site insight"- they did no background check and didn't realize that that girl got fired from her previous job, got hired at ICON as a PM, disclosed one company's information to other companies- more than once. and they still kept her around. Another employee was a manager and got demoted because would take 5 hour lunches and never show up to work. Shows you the quality of people they hire here. super easy job to land if you can speak English properly and know how to talk smoothly.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple - contacted by Talent Acquisition for further materials, then contacted for an interview, then back to TA for an offer. No trick questions, just determining if you would be a good fit within the company's culture.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes asking essentially what I expected of the role and if I was still interested. She set up an in-person interview right there and called me the day of my interview to give me tips on how to get through the interview. The in-person consisted of two people asking questions, mostly behavioral and situational. It lasted about an hour. They were extremely nice and told me things I did well.

Interview Questions

• If someone were to come to you on Friday at 2pm and ask you to get something done, knowing you have limited time, and then a second person comes to ask you to get something done before you leave, now knowing you can't get both things accomplished before you leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy process. Initial phone interview with recruiter to explain position and determine my interest in ICON and the position. Was then contacted for two separate phone interviews with Project Managers.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Easy and conversational. Was reached out to, by the recruiter and the process went off quite smoothly. Initial discussions were phone based and then the final rounds were face to face

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions about my background and why I'm looking for new employment. Next I had to answer several interview questions online through their web based system then submit the video. It consisted of about 15 questions. I had never done that before so it was a different experience. About a week later I was contacted to interview with 2 CRA Managers via webcam. One was pleasant and the other was hard to read. I thought I did ok but when I asked questions about the travel requirements it may have come across as I had issues with the travel which is 8-10 days onsite. After the interview I sent thank you emails and that was that. I never heard back even after sending an inquiring follow-up which was about 3 weeks. I got the hint and went elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How do you use the Investigator Site file to monitor subjects?   Answer Question
    • How many monitoring visits have you completed throughout your career to include pre-study visits, site initiation visits, interim visits, and close out visits?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON in June 2017.

Interview

A short phone screening interview. If selected, an in person interview. If that went well, two follow up short phone interviews with employees who work/have worked in said position.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your previous boss/manager about you what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be in this industry/what interests you about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you needed to use organizational skills.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

My background is an excellent fit with the role I applied for. I was also referred by a well liked, high ranking employee within the company who went out of his way to recommend me. Even with all this, it was a major achievement to get past HR/Talent acquisition. They really seem to guard the gate.
    Anyway, after the initial phone interviews, the on-site interview went well. Everyone was impressed but then for some reason I never got a call. I later found out that they found me overqualified and the job went to someone else - who quit in less than a month!
    A few months later I again got a call, this time the Hiring manager was someone else who really liked my background. We skipped the on-site this time as I had already done that, and I was made an offer.
    I had researched my salary worth really well and was able to negotiate a good salary. You MUST spend enough time knowing your $$ worth and do negotiate or else you will be low balled.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you will be able to relocate? This is not a remote job and there is no relocation package.   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Ist there is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, there is a phone interview with the hiring manager or an in person interview with the hiring manager. Depending on the position you are applying for, timing, and your qualifications, it may take multiple interviews before getting an official job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and qualifications for this position   Answer Question