ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.8

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICON (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

I met with various employees from administrative assistants to division head. Each person described how we would work together and asked me pertinent questions about my background and skills. The hiring manager was very difficult to read in terms of reactions to my responses. I got the offer so it must have been okay.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Recruiter requested my resume on LinkedIn; went through a phone screen with her. A week later I had an interview with 2 Managers that lasted a little over an hour.

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions about my background and why I'm looking for new employment. Next I had to answer several interview questions online through their web based system then submit the video. It consisted of about 15 questions. I had never done that before so it was a different experience. About a week later I was contacted to interview with 2 CRA Managers via webcam. One was pleasant and the other was hard to read. I thought I did ok but when I asked questions about the travel requirements it may have come across as I had issues with the travel which is 8-10 days onsite. After the interview I sent thank you emails and that was that. I never heard back even after sending an inquiring follow-up which was about 3 weeks. I got the hint and went elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How do you use the Investigator Site file to monitor subjects?   Answer Question
    • How many monitoring visits have you completed throughout your career to include pre-study visits, site initiation visits, interim visits, and close out visits?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was straight forward and more of a conversation. Interviewer was personable and made me feel comfortable throughout the process. There was a phone interview to begin with and then an in person interview was set up for the week after.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a manager or another individual where you have a different method of approach with a situation?   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes asking essentially what I expected of the role and if I was still interested. She set up an in-person interview right there and called me the day of my interview to give me tips on how to get through the interview. The in-person consisted of two people asking questions, mostly behavioral and situational. It lasted about an hour. They were extremely nice and told me things I did well.

Interview Questions

• If someone were to come to you on Friday at 2pm and ask you to get something done, knowing you have limited time, and then a second person comes to ask you to get something done before you leave, now knowing you can't get both things accomplished before you leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy process. Initial phone interview with recruiter to explain position and determine my interest in ICON and the position. Was then contacted for two separate phone interviews with Project Managers.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview occurred about four days later and later about 20 minutes. Mostly Reviewing resume and explaining position and then inviting me for an in house interview the next week with a manager. One hour interview rather easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online. I then had a brief phone interview with an ICON recruiter. Basically a screen for getting an in person interview. Was then interviewed by two managers at the same time, one over the phone and one in person. Was called by the recruiter later the same day and offered the job. I accepted the job and started work two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company/industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The Human Resource phone interviewer was rude as all get out. She stated that they would only pay me a certain amount and if I wasn't willing to take it the interview was pointless. I agreed to continue knowing the salary wasn't what I really wanted. I was think so no negotiations at all? The CTA director that I interviewed with 1:1 was super nice. I told her what the HR person said and she said she'd check on it. In the end, I was offered what I asked for because I had previous clinical research exp.

Interview Questions

• How would yo u handle not making a timeline?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Someone referred me, so I applied using their link. A ICON recruiter contacted me to do a screening interview and to tell me more about the role. The conversation went well and so I was set up to do an in-person interview with a manager and department head. It was a normal interview, average difficulty, nothing tricky but they asked good questions to get at my background and character.