ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICON Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Easy and conversational. Was reached out to, by the recruiter and the process went off quite smoothly. Initial discussions were phone based and then the final rounds were face to face

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON in June 2017.

Interview

A short phone screening interview. If selected, an in person interview. If that went well, two follow up short phone interviews with employees who work/have worked in said position.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your previous boss/manager about you what would they say?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be in this industry/what interests you about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you needed to use organizational skills.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

My background is an excellent fit with the role I applied for. I was also referred by a well liked, high ranking employee within the company who went out of his way to recommend me. Even with all this, it was a major achievement to get past HR/Talent acquisition. They really seem to guard the gate.
    Anyway, after the initial phone interviews, the on-site interview went well. Everyone was impressed but then for some reason I never got a call. I later found out that they found me overqualified and the job went to someone else - who quit in less than a month!
    A few months later I again got a call, this time the Hiring manager was someone else who really liked my background. We skipped the on-site this time as I had already done that, and I was made an offer.
    I had researched my salary worth really well and was able to negotiate a good salary. You MUST spend enough time knowing your $$ worth and do negotiate or else you will be low balled.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you will be able to relocate? This is not a remote job and there is no relocation package.   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Ist there is a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, there is a phone interview with the hiring manager or an in person interview with the hiring manager. Depending on the position you are applying for, timing, and your qualifications, it may take multiple interviews before getting an official job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and qualifications for this position   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online. I reached out to the HR contact (LinkedIn listed HR poster of opening) with whom I had spoken previously. He never got back to me. Almost two months later I saw the position posted again and this time reached out the the EVP hiring manager. The EVP replied promptly and copied the same HR rep on the e-mail, asking him to follow up with me. The HR wrote to me that he would set up time for us to talk but three weeks later had still not heard anything, despite my attempts to reach out to him again.

Interview Questions

• Initial interaction with HR was fairly typical as I recall. Why are you looking? Give me some examples of....   2 Answers

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The pre-screen call lasted for 20 minutes. Was more to get to know me and the reason why I want to work for ICON. Call focused on resume going over experiences and why I was seeking out this position. Was asked to complete a writing test within two weeks. Still waiting on a decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The Human Resource phone interviewer was rude as all get out. She stated that they would only pay me a certain amount and if I wasn't willing to take it the interview was pointless. I agreed to continue knowing the salary wasn't what I really wanted. I was think so no negotiations at all? The CTA director that I interviewed with 1:1 was super nice. I told her what the HR person said and she said she'd check on it. In the end, I was offered what I asked for because I had previous clinical research exp.

Interview Questions

• How would yo u handle not making a timeline?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Someone referred me, so I applied using their link. A ICON recruiter contacted me to do a screening interview and to tell me more about the role. The conversation went well and so I was set up to do an in-person interview with a manager and department head. It was a normal interview, average difficulty, nothing tricky but they asked good questions to get at my background and character.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitesboro, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Whitesboro, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone screening interview from HR in Pennsylvania. I was asked basic questions about my background, availability, interest, and preferred salary. Two and a half weeks later, I got an email from HR to confirm a time for another phone interview with the hiring manager and the director of the lab for which I was applying. They were on speaker phone and told me more information about the position. They asked more specific questions to see if I was a decent fit. They invited me to an on site interview, which was scheduled via an email I received a week after that call. The interview itself was about a week and a half after that call. I met with my potential supervisor and the lab director, the same people I spoke with on the phone. I also had lunch with a few members of the lab who I'd have been working with if I ended up working there. Long process, questions were not difficult, and everyone was very professional but it felt pretty relaxed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What was something you had done wrong and had to report to a superior? Follow up: were you at all hesitant or afraid to report your mistake?   Answer Question
    • What is a significant out long term goal you had and how did you accomplish it? (try to choose a goal that can relate to the job)   Answer Question

The commute was much longer than another job offer, and also they offered a salary well below my preferred salary range. Essentially, another job offer was much more competitive terms of commute, the nature of the job itself, and the compensation package.

Cta Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Whole process took about 2 weeks. Met with two hiring manager. One face to face and another over the phone. All the questions were fairly general and easy to answer. The interview had a very laid back vibe.