ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICON Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

If you treat your employees the same way you treat your employment candidates then I'm fortunate to not work for you! Applied for a position then promptly received an email from a company recruiter to set up a time for a discussion by phone. I sent a variety of times then heard nothing back in return. I followed up several additional times and the recruiter couldn't muster up the common courtesy to reply to any of my additional emails. I don't see by your employee reviews that you are the greatest company in the world to work for so you might want to reconsider how you treat candidates and talent!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. You will be interviewed by 2 CRA LM via video conference. They will go over Icon metrics but will also want to know the metrics of your current company (report writing, DOS etc). The technical questions you will be asked will be situational, PI oversight, monitoring visit cut short what would you prioritize, ever been in a situation were you felt a site had not been truthful, failures, successes etc. If you have been monitoring for sometime the questions will not be overwhelming.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Durham, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

Received an email a week after applying for the position to set up a phone interview with HR to run through my resume and ask basic screening questions. In person interview was setup with two interviewers. Interview was laid back but it seemed like they weren't prepared with their questions completely, but they did ask me typical interview questions you would expect. After the interview, I sent them thank you emails, then follow up emails over a week later. Overall, not a terrible experience, but it's a little unprofessional to completely disappear when you get ignored to ask for a simple follow up after two weeks of no response. I can only assume at this point that I will not be receiving an offer. It doesn't take away from what I think is a great company in the CRO industry though.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position? What made you interested in being part of the CRO industry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Had a brief phone call with HR/in-house recruiter to determine base eligibility. Had three rounds of interviews to meet with the department manager and team leads. Everyone was friendly and on time. There were a lot of questions and concern specifically with work-life balance and how I personally handle stress.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals for the next five years?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness/strength?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me an example of when you were unable to deliver an assignment by a deadline?   Answer Question

Senior CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICON (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter with the phone interview arranged two days after initial contact with recruiter. Offer is still pending at this time so have marked accepted but still waiting after three days.

Interview Questions

• 1. PI oversight -what are the responsibilities -resources available for conducting the research (time, space, subject population, funding); medical care of trial subjects;
      communications with the IRB/IEC; compliance with the protocol; investigational product accountability, use and storage; randomization procedures; informed consent of subjects; and trial records and reports. 2. Limited time for the visit...what would you cover. new enrollments, ICF, SAE, AE. 3. Unreported SAE...how would you handle...have the sight report at the visit the minimal requirements at least...patient#, drug, event description, reporter, source of info, study #/title, relatedness to study drug, also report event resolution and obtain discharge summary for pharmacovigilance; retrain site on reporting; have site report Prot viol to IRB, and CRA/team or site to report to Sponsor. 3. Typical monitoring visit and activities-before, during and after visit. 4. How to approach a difficult team member.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Farmingdale, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

meet in a room with the director and managers of the department. there may be 2 rounds. they're pretty desperate to hire anyone right about now since majority of their department just left. one girl got hired and she has no experience except waitressing. they also hired another girl who had no experience besides an assistant at a doctors office and thought it would be "site insight"- they did no background check and didn't realize that that girl got fired from her previous job, got hired at ICON as a PM, disclosed one company's information to other companies- more than once. and they still kept her around. Another employee was a manager and got demoted because would take 5 hour lunches and never show up to work. Shows you the quality of people they hire here. super easy job to land if you can speak English properly and know how to talk smoothly.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

I applied online through Glassdoor and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. She set up a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes asking essentially what I expected of the role and if I was still interested. She set up an in-person interview right there and called me the day of my interview to give me tips on how to get through the interview. The in-person consisted of two people asking questions, mostly behavioral and situational. It lasted about an hour. They were extremely nice and told me things I did well.

Interview Questions

• If someone were to come to you on Friday at 2pm and ask you to get something done, knowing you have limited time, and then a second person comes to ask you to get something done before you leave, now knowing you can't get both things accomplished before you leave, what would you do?   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple - contacted by Talent Acquisition for further materials, then contacted for an interview, then back to TA for an offer. No trick questions, just determining if you would be a good fit within the company's culture.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy process. Initial phone interview with recruiter to explain position and determine my interest in ICON and the position. Was then contacted for two separate phone interviews with Project Managers.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Easy and conversational. Was reached out to, by the recruiter and the process went off quite smoothly. Initial discussions were phone based and then the final rounds were face to face