IGT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.7

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGT (West Greenwich, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application process + employee referral; Two 1:1 interviews with fairly straightforward questions in a relaxed datacenter environment. In-depth background checks from multiple state lottery agencies so be prepared to divulge the last ten years of your life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in May 2012.

Interview

Submit resume, get phone call from HR and schedules initial phone interview. Conference call with multiple people. Initial interview was technical - asked previous projects, experience. In the initial phone interview they weren't interested in my personality, they were only interested in technical knowledge. They do not give you a call when you didn't make it through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

1st Interview: Phone screening, mostly technical questions regarding OOP practices (4 pillars, design patterns, etc.)
    2nd Interview: On site in LV. White board pseudo coding, system design analysis, resume run-through, how skills tie into what IGT does, what job requires, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me was the white board coding questions, as there were quite a few in my case.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First a phone screening, then an interview. There was coding involved and some theoretical questions

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was related to bit manipulation. Asked how to tell if a number is a power of two without math.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. HR representative, hiring manager, technical questions. No office tour before hiring. Office tour on the first day of employment

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. Questions are all work related and very easy to answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in March 2010.

Interview

submit resume -> phone interview

Interview Questions

• 1. explain singleton pattern and its application
      2. ask the experience in .NET   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGT (Reno, NV) in June 2013.

Interview

Asked questions about general C++ syntax and datastructures. Also asked what kind of work envirment was desired.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions that aluded to unsafe programming practicies, copy data into fixed buffers without checking length...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2009.

Interview

Very few technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• C++ - What is the difference between a class and a struct,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IGT (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

After online application, I was contacted within a few days. Soon after the background paperwork were filed, the interview was scheduled. The interview itself was pretty standard. A 1:1 interview occurred evaluating personality.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IGT in February 2014.

Interview

First, I was called by a recruiter. The conversation was pleasant, and he said he would call me back to discuss the position further after showing my resume to the recruiting manager. However, he didn't call back at the time he scheduled because he unexpectedly took time off. This was the start of the rather unorganized interview process to follow...

The in-person interview that followed also went well and was quite pleasant, except that the manager who was supposed to let me in and get the process started was quite late. Afterwards, I was put on a conference call with an HR manager, who was also quite nice but difficult to understand over the phone.

Finally, a different HR manager scheduled to call me a few days later. She asked essentially the same things as the other manager over the phone. This felt like a redundant third step to me.

Overall, I had good impressions from the managers I met in person, but I felt a strong vibe of general disorganization and horrible communication from the remote contributors. Also, all interviewers emphasized the "support" aspect of the position, which felt to me as translating to "lots of unpredictable hours".

Considering the relatively low pay for the workload and the skill set required, I chose to decline for a different offer.