Infinity Ward Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Infinity Ward

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infinity Ward in May 2022

Interview

The interview was very professional, but relaxed. Initial interview with HR, interview with upper level engineer, tech assessment, followed by 5 hour panel interview. Ending with interview with Chief Technology Officer.

Interview Questions
  • What did you find difficult about the tech exam.
    Answer Question

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infinity Ward in May 2022

Interview

Three interviews in total. One with the recruiter, one with your manager and producer and then a final technical interview with some other designers. Overall was super chill, most relaxed and engaging interview process I've had so far. Everyone was super nice and engaged in meaningful discussion and actually took the time to try and know you.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function that outputs two lists, one with enemies in front of the player and another with enemies behind the player.

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinity Ward in Mar 2022

Interview

I had two interviews, one that described the technical process of scripting a short scenario and another that described how I would design a co-op encounter, akin to that of a Special Ops mission. The designers were able to have an intelligent conversation and walked through missions in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
  • What was something you really liked about Modern Warfare 2019? What was something you did not like as much in Modern Warfare 2019? What is your experience with Call of Duty? Describe a bit of your design experience and how much technical work you are doing versus content.

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinity Ward

Interview

The interview was very fast and responsive. The recruiter was friendly and was willing to help. I Didn't get the offer but the recruiter put my resume to his contacts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Infinity Ward in Feb 2021

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter who held a quick Zoom interview to ask about my experience and why I wanted this internship. My recruiter told me I would be able to proceed and offered advice that I should review my background and be ready to speak about my experience. Then I was scheduled for a panel interview with the production team at Infinity Ward. This was also a Zoom interview and was longer than the first interview. Everyone on the panel asked questions about my background, experience, and ability as a leader. After the interview, I waited a week and my recruiter set up another Zoom call to extend an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were about my experience. The question we talked about the most was how I handled conflict within a team.

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Infinity Ward

Interview

There was a phone call with the hiring manager and I was asked technical questions related to data structures and computer organization. Lots of low level questions involved in this interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Infinity Ward in Jun 2019

Interview

2 Phone Calls and then visited the studio for in-person interviews. Met with Hiring Manager, Staffing and had a panel interview with the Art Team. After, I was asked to show examples of my previous work in Digital Content as well as a test to see what I could create with existing assets.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with live streams? Do you have a multi-camera setup at home? How is the audio set up? Are you familiar with video codecs?

Infinity Ward

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Infinity Ward

Interview

We start as introduce and work experience to show my problem-solving skill. Next, Interviewer mainly asked me some design question and my thought and solution to Call of Duty series to improve the gameplay, mechanic? Why is Call of Duty Modern Warfare succeeded? He also asks me some knowledge question of Unity and Unreal 4.

Interview Questions
  • How to add a gameplay mechanic from "other game"(the game you select) into the multiple gameplay modes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Infinity Ward (Austin, TX)

Interview

Discussed to setup an interview with department heads, never heard from them again. Said they would be in touch week after, never ever heard anything. Tried to reach out, ignored my email with silence. Extremely unprofessional, I will never work for this company in my life.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Infinity Ward (Woodland Hills, CA)

Interview

The entire process took around 1.5 months and felt like a huge drag. I was given an emailed test to do. I completed it in about 4 days, and after that, waited 2+ more weeks, went through another round of interview, then complete silence for 3 weeks. I sent them a polite follow up email every week, and were completely ignored. As an applicant that took out the time to do a test for them and was weeks into the interview process, one would appreciate some kind of response, even something as simple as, "We'll have the result in 3 weeks". But there was nothing. It was like an eternal wait. It was eventually after 3 weeks that I received a short email that the position has been filled. Despite the fact that it was a rejection to the job of my dreams, that short email was actually a huge relief that there will be no more waiting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews