Informatica Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Informatica Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2016

3.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

7 rounds technical interview, followed by managerial,
the process took one day, no need to wait and waste your time.
questions will be based on your resume. and experience and technologies you know

Interview Questions

• puzzles and techical quetoins from core java , DS , algo   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is not that much smart. They have few known questions and you have to answer in there ways. They asked on data structure questions . It is easy to click if practice only data structure .
    I got rejected in second round.

Interview Questions

• 1) Copy a linked list whose node contains randdom pointer to other node in linked list.
      2)Move with minumum steps from one words to another word in given reference to a dictionary. Only one letter change is allowed from one word to other.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The TA guy wanted me to attend the interview immediately and I quickly scheduled one and went there for one full day. And after that I never got a call back for about a week. And later when I called asking for feedback, he says the position for which I was interviewed is waiting for approvals and that he ll get back in a couple of days. Again no reply,later when I called again he said the approval doesn't seem to move fast and hence I can look outside for other opportunities. If they don't have any approval in hand, they shouldn't have wasted my time.
    very disappointing. A very non responsive and irresponsible TA team and not the right way to treat a senior engineer.

I was asked to come to Bangalore office for a whole day 1-1 interview. Had about 4 tech rounds including the manager round. First round was on DS , second on Java , third on design

Interview Questions

• Round1 : DS

The interviewer was unprepared(usual thing) and opened Geeks4Geeks and asked these questions in random.
      And even after I arrived at a solution, the interviewer was reading the material to understand the solution himself.PATHETIC!

1.Convert BT to BST
      2.Check if a BT is a mirror tree
      3.Check if a queue is a circular one.
      4.Given a String and a pattern, find out the no of occurences of that pattern in the string.
      5. Graph Adjacency matrix

Round2 : JAva. Was an interesting and the interviewer was pleasant.
      1. Implement ReEntrant Lock in java
      2. Equals and Hashcode importance in hashmap key.
      3. Hibernate caching
      4. PermGen and Heap and stack spaces - when where and how the memory is used.

Round 3: Design - The interviewer looked disinterested and asked for the sake of asking. Am sure the interviewer herself doesn't know anything about designing an application.

1.Explain REST Service.
      2.REST vs SOAP
      3.Out of memory and Memory Leak
      4.Design a eclipse IDE (classes, entities, etc)

Round4 Manager -
      When asked what tech was used in the project, he kept saying core java. I asked any frameworks, he said its plain java.Either he doesn't know what his team is doing or not interested to answer that question.Looked busy/pre occupied and was in a hurry to close the interview. No eye contact with the interviewer while i was trying to prpose a solution.

Behavioural questions mostly
      And given a sequence of numbers, how many inorder traversal trees can be created w/o modifying the sequence order.
      eg X Y Z

Find the no of tree structures that can be created from this sequence whose inorder traversal doesn't modify the order of the sequence given.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for senior software engineer for Java profile. Interview process took around 1 month.There was 1 telephonic discussion followed by 4 F2F technical rounds and 1 Managerial and HR round. INterview question were above standard level and check your DS knowledge deeply. However after 2 months i still did not get any confirmation from HR , Whenever i try to contact them, they says that they do not have clarity from hiring team .Highly unprofessional attitude .

Interview Questions

• 1) How to you sort a map based on its value ?
      2) Find all permutation of a given String.
      3) Trie, KMP
      4) Design Pattern
      Answer Question

Informatica Response

Aug 25, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are very sorry that you had a negative experience interviewing with Informatica. We are unable, however, to determine with whom you spoke so that we could address your concerns. Please be assured ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had couple of technical rounds after that I was told that I was through with the round and they will be getting in touch with me soon for the further rounds, after 1 week they sent me an email saying that I was unable to clear the interview. Too weird hiring people spoiling the name of such a big brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the talent acquisition (TA) team of informatica. He initially started inquiring about my experience, role and salary.
    After sometime he started asking java related questions. I was taken back & was quite surprised and asked him if this was an interview. He said he would ask some basic Java questions for 10-15 min.
    Never before have i come across such an interview process where the TA start asking technical questions to short list a candidate. And quite frankly i was really embarrassed because they were doubting my basic capabilities, having worked for 8 years in top notch companies. I felt very reluctant to take questions from a TA person. I really felt bad that company like informatica is doing this sort of short listing.
    If they have so many applicants then let them short list by resume and then have a 10-15 min brief call done by a technical person instead of having such a process and spoiling their own reputation. I reluctantly proceeded and din't answer much about the java questions. He told he would get back and never did.Honestly even if they had called me i wouldn't have proceeded because i felt so bad about the treatment. I feel they are spoiling informatica reputation by conducting such interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you prevent deadlock?
      what's new in java 1.5?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Round 1 : telephonic (Basic java with collections questions)
    F2f : 3 rounds : Each round had one coding exercise (Java File i/o, threads, remove duplicates in a list, print fibonocci series using recursion , binary tree traversal), one design exercise ( Design a logging utility, tiny URL service architecture), SQL Join queries,

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Interview

Had 6 rounds of technical discussion. Questions were mostly on Core Java basic concepts and data structures and design patterns. Also had HR round where the salary expectations were discussed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I gave two written test than they called for two technical f2f rounds and HR round only if I clear first two technical rounds.
    As per them, I cleared two technical rounds and they asked me to wait in a meeting room for HR round. I waited for 10-15 minutes then they said "HR Manager is busy in meeting. We will call you". I wrote emails, called them and no response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions: convert BST to doubly linked list. Given 2D array of intergers, you can only traverse down and diagonally, find the maximum sum.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

It started with two written tests for screening followed by a series of F2F interviews. Writtend tests mostly focused on Datastructures and Core Java (Esp Concurrency), bitwise operators, inheretance and some O.S. concepts like deadlocks,paging etc.

In F2F interviews discussions happened on popular algorithmic questions like Max Subarray problem, No. of BST's from Sorted Array and java questions related to inheritance,concurrency (esp volatile keyword) and type casting.

Second F2F round was problem solving round where they see how you approach an unseen problem. They help and give hints along the way. Questions from resume are also asked.

But overall experience of interview was made bitter by lame H.R. No response from him after numerous emails and phone calls. He says neither yes nor No which i thought was unprofessional .

Interview Questions

• There were some questions related to Java Class loaders which i was not familier with.   Answer Question