Informatica Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

3.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

They have called me for one full day evaluation process, there were 5 technical evaluation rounds and one HR, it was transparent and very disciplined. I was asked to sit in a room, where panel member comes in and takes a technical interview and delegates the feedback to next person, each round was about 30-60 min. Since I am a java/j2ee developer, mainly focused on core java, data structures and logical thinking. It took one full day.

Interview Questions

• Two streams of data in array, coming in ascending order. Copy them into master array in asc order.   1 Answer
  • A file of 10 GB has arrived, we have n VM's of each 1GB space.
                    a) How do we store the file (using which data structure)
                    b) Why that particular data structure
                    c) Once copied, Upon downloading the same how do you identify that the file is
                         complete.
                    d) If linked list is used, after write, What if the link is broken or a cycle occured   1 Answer
  • We have VMs of sizes 6, 9, 20. How do we determine whether we can provide VM's clients requirement. Ex 35 (20+9+6) or 18(6+6+6 or 9+9)   1 Answer
  • Print febonacci using recursion   Answer Question
  • Given a binary tree
                    a) How do you find the height of the tree
                    b) Print th eeven levels - Left -> Right
                       Print the odd levels -Right -> Left   1 Answer
  • A flat file with a specific format containing employee details has arrived.
                    a) How do you load the file
                    b) Implement Employee getEmployee(int empId)
                    c) Implement Employee getManager(int empId)
                    d) Implement List<Employee> getReportees(int empId)   Answer Question
  • How do you make a list/map as immutable within an immutable class   Answer Question
  • How do make a class as immutable (more discussion on immutability)   Answer Question
  • You have a third party API implemented in your project, how can you provide a behaviour which is not present in the 3P API to all implemented classes without changing the 3P API   Answer Question
  • Diff between LinkedList and ArrayList.
    HashMap and its internal implementation.
    How hashCode and equals are being used in hashing mechanism.
    Contract between hashCode and equals
    What is marker interface. Interface Vs Abstract class   Answer Question
  • Deep copying and shallow copying of clone method.
    Discussed more on Cloenable interface, why clone() is available in Object class etc.
    Multiple inheritance in java (Classes and interfaces)
    Few points on Serialization.   Answer Question
  • Why wait, notify and notifyAll methods are provided in Object instead of Thread class.   Answer Question
  • What is garbage collector, scope of GC, when an object becomes eligible for garbage collection.   Answer Question
  • REST API, why REST, REST Vs SOAP.   Answer Question
  • You have eight ball each of 1 gm, one was defective and how do identify using a weight balancing device.   Answer Question
  • Why XYZ, what do you do when you get a better offer from an org within a year after you join XYZ.

Few situational questions in HR round about team-coordination and time managemnet on crucial deliverables.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

7 rounds technical interview, followed by managerial,
    the process took one day, no need to wait and waste your time.
    questions will be based on your resume. and experience and technologies you know

Interview Questions

• puzzles and techical quetoins from core java , DS , algo   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is not that much smart. They have few known questions and you have to answer in there ways. They asked on data structure questions . It is easy to click if practice only data structure .
    I got rejected in second round.

Interview Questions

• 1) Copy a linked list whose node contains randdom pointer to other node in linked list.
      2)Move with minumum steps from one words to another word in given reference to a dictionary. Only one letter change is allowed from one word to other.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The TA guy wanted me to attend the interview immediately and I quickly scheduled one and went there for one full day. And after that I never got a call back for about a week. And later when I called asking for feedback, he says the position for which I was interviewed is waiting for approvals and that he ll get back in a couple of days. Again no reply,later when I called again he said the approval doesn't seem to move fast and hence I can look outside for other opportunities. If they don't have any approval in hand, they shouldn't have wasted my time.
    very disappointing. A very non responsive and irresponsible TA team and not the right way to treat a senior engineer.

I was asked to come to Bangalore office for a whole day 1-1 interview. Had about 4 tech rounds including the manager round. First round was on DS , second on Java , third on design

Interview Questions

• Round1 : DS

The interviewer was unprepared(usual thing) and opened Geeks4Geeks and asked these questions in random.
      And even after I arrived at a solution, the interviewer was reading the material to understand the solution himself.PATHETIC!

1.Convert BT to BST
      2.Check if a BT is a mirror tree
      3.Check if a queue is a circular one.
      4.Given a String and a pattern, find out the no of occurences of that pattern in the string.
      5. Graph Adjacency matrix

Round2 : JAva. Was an interesting and the interviewer was pleasant.
      1. Implement ReEntrant Lock in java
      2. Equals and Hashcode importance in hashmap key.
      3. Hibernate caching
      4. PermGen and Heap and stack spaces - when where and how the memory is used.

Round 3: Design - The interviewer looked disinterested and asked for the sake of asking. Am sure the interviewer herself doesn't know anything about designing an application.

1.Explain REST Service.
      2.REST vs SOAP
      3.Out of memory and Memory Leak
      4.Design a eclipse IDE (classes, entities, etc)

Round4 Manager -
      When asked what tech was used in the project, he kept saying core java. I asked any frameworks, he said its plain java.Either he doesn't know what his team is doing or not interested to answer that question.Looked busy/pre occupied and was in a hurry to close the interview. No eye contact with the interviewer while i was trying to prpose a solution.

Behavioural questions mostly
      And given a sequence of numbers, how many inorder traversal trees can be created w/o modifying the sequence order.
      eg X Y Z

Find the no of tree structures that can be created from this sequence whose inorder traversal doesn't modify the order of the sequence given.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed for senior software engineer for Java profile. Interview process took around 1 month.There was 1 telephonic discussion followed by 4 F2F technical rounds and 1 Managerial and HR round. INterview question were above standard level and check your DS knowledge deeply. However after 2 months i still did not get any confirmation from HR , Whenever i try to contact them, they says that they do not have clarity from hiring team .Highly unprofessional attitude .

Interview Questions

• 1) How to you sort a map based on its value ?
      2) Find all permutation of a given String.
      3) Trie, KMP
      4) Design Pattern   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Aug 25, 2015 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Marketing & Employer Branding

We are very sorry that you had a negative experience interviewing with Informatica. We are unable, however, to determine with whom you spoke so that we could address your concerns. Please be assured... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had couple of technical rounds after that I was told that I was through with the round and they will be getting in touch with me soon for the further rounds, after 1 week they sent me an email saying that I was unable to clear the interview. Too weird hiring people spoiling the name of such a big brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the talent acquisition (TA) team of informatica. He initially started inquiring about my experience, role and salary.
    After sometime he started asking java related questions. I was taken back & was quite surprised and asked him if this was an interview. He said he would ask some basic Java questions for 10-15 min.
    Never before have i come across such an interview process where the TA start asking technical questions to short list a candidate. And quite frankly i was really embarrassed because they were doubting my basic capabilities, having worked for 8 years in top notch companies. I felt very reluctant to take questions from a TA person. I really felt bad that company like informatica is doing this sort of short listing.
    If they have so many applicants then let them short list by resume and then have a 10-15 min brief call done by a technical person instead of having such a process and spoiling their own reputation. I reluctantly proceeded and din't answer much about the java questions. He told he would get back and never did.Honestly even if they had called me i wouldn't have proceeded because i felt so bad about the treatment. I feel they are spoiling informatica reputation by conducting such interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you prevent deadlock?
      what's new in java 1.5?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Round 1 : telephonic (Basic java with collections questions)
    F2f : 3 rounds : Each round had one coding exercise (Java File i/o, threads, remove duplicates in a list, print fibonocci series using recursion , binary tree traversal), one design exercise ( Design a logging utility, tiny URL service architecture), SQL Join queries,

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Interview

Had 6 rounds of technical discussion. Questions were mostly on Core Java basic concepts and data structures and design patterns. Also had HR round where the salary expectations were discussed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Informatica (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

I gave two written test than they called for two technical f2f rounds and HR round only if I clear first two technical rounds.
    As per them, I cleared two technical rounds and they asked me to wait in a meeting room for HR round. I waited for 10-15 minutes then they said "HR Manager is busy in meeting. We will call you". I wrote emails, called them and no response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions: convert BST to doubly linked list. Given 2D array of intergers, you can only traverse down and diagonally, find the maximum sum.   Answer Question